Booing a friendly.

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

Well done all those Hearts fans who traveled through to the game, to boo the players, including the youngsters.

Really showing them what its like to play for Hearts, and that the support is right behind them, even in meaningless friendlies when the new manger is getting to know the squad.

I hope the confidence boost makes them all look forward to the season ahead.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done all those Hearts fans who traveled through to the game, to boo the players, including the youngsters.

Really showing them what its like to play for Hearts, and that the support is right behind them, even in meaningless friendlies when the new manger is getting to know the squad.

Totally agree. It's pathetic really. The manager's been in for a week and we are booing his second game in charge which is an early pre-season FRIENDLY.

They weren't booing were they? I despair. The team sheet was largely made up of youngsters.

Cardiac Rucksack

Its where all the attention will be focused tomorrow as well. Pretty poor show.

Disgusted.

If we aren't up 6-0 at halftime against Motherwell 1st game, Csaba must go. INfact if we dont win the league, Im gonna start watching ra sellick. They win aw the time. Makes sense.

Pathetic behaviour.... cant wait for them all to return and explain why they had to or had the right to boo.

I don't understand the mentality of "supporters"* who boo the team, especially at friendlies. Reverse psychology??? :wacko:

* may be a contradiction in terms

Boaby Ewing

I don't understand how grown men who have presumably been to a few football games get all indignant about fans booing.

They always have, they always will.

I booed. I booed at the start, I booed when they scored, I booed at half time, I booed at full time, I even booed walking down the street.

Booooooooo!

I don't understand how grown men who have presumably been to a few football games get all indignant about fans booing.

They always have, they always will.

At a friendly, with a lot of young players in the squad?

Csaba was appointed less than 1 week ago. He has yet to appoint an assistant, or purchase any players of his chosing. At the moment he is just familiarising himself with the squad he's inherited and sussing them out. I don't think booing the team at half time at his first game on Scottish soil is likely to have been particularly useful :sad:

It was not the best tonight - by any stretch.

Good turnout by Hearts - but a few booing at half time was OTT.

It was the poorest game I have seen in years - did any keeper actually have a save to make?

Tonight was dreadful. Really really really boring. And in the 1st half we were ridiculously inept.

Lets not get all over the top about the "booing". There was a a small brief "boo...get a grip Hearts" type shouting on the half time whistle......lasted about 3 seconds. Hardly worth mentioning and I very much doubt the young players confidence has been shattered!!!.......I suppose they'd need some confidence to shatter first!

We were quite a bit better in the 2nd half. But then that wasn't hard.

Awful game of football.... but some folk really need to get a grip, some of the abuse / boo's were actually laughable.

Its our second pre-season friendly. We were guff. We now have to try and sort that in time for the start of the season. Its nothing we didnt already know so frankly, i see no need to boo something which we were already aware of.

willie wallace
Tonight was dreadful. Really really really boring. And in the 1st half we were ridiculously inept.

Lets not get all over the top about the "booing". There was a a small brief "boo...get a grip Hearts" type shouting on the half time whistle......lasted about 3 seconds. Hardly worth mentioning and I very much doubt the young players confidence has been shattered!!!.......I suppose they'd need some confidence to shatter first!

We were quite a bit better in the 2nd half. But then that wasn't hard.

Thats what i thought.Even the fulltime ''booing'' was half hearted,much like the effort on the park.

Chad Sexington

I'm finding it difficult to get myself worked up about a few wee boo's TBH.

So there was some kids playing. I doubt their self confidence will be shattered by a smattering of cat calls from a sparse Hearts support. If it is, maybe pro football isn't the game for them. :)

Anyway, it might get them prepared for their inevitable first public lambasting at Tynie. :P

I am sorry if it has been covered in the other thread but can I ask the boys that went through if it was a formation with just one up front?

That would almost merit booing, having had to endure this pathetic tactic under Frail

chester copperpot
Thats what i thought.Even the fulltime ''booing'' was half hearted,much like the effort on the park.

What was the crowd like tonight? Roughly. As in size wise?

badly drawn boy

As usual it comes from fans who were not there

Friendlies who ever you play against regardless of the prestige of the opposition always ends up being poor , so if you go take it with a pinch of salt ( skill factor )

However if its about effort -mark the card straight away , you are representing the Heart Of Midlothian and whenever you pull on that jersey -you wear with pride and show passion and commitment and no matter what the event is you give 100% , and realise another season like the last will not be tolerated

I booed. I booed at the start, I booed when they scored, I booed at half time, I booed at full time, I even booed walking down the street.

Booooooooo!

This is not a dig of any sorts, as I never attended tonight so I can only go by what the official thread said, but will you boo if we loose to murderwell on the 1st game of the season?

Dirk Diggler
I heard it was Pars fans booing their side for only winning 1-0 ;)

Hearts are another million in debt by the way.

Better put it in a pie chart.

Drylaw Hearts
Round about 1000 maybe

About right imo.

Also there were 5 Italian blokes from Livi there aswell as..............

Mixu !!!

I believe he was looking Paul Gallacher the Dunfermline 'keeper.

Dirk Diggler
They are the only boo-ers. So I've been told on here :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Well if you've been told on here.

willie wallace
I am sorry if it has been covered in the other thread but can I ask the boys that went through if it was a formation with just one up front?

That would almost merit booing, having had to endure this pathetic tactic under Frail

Dont know if it would merit booing but seeing Gary Glen up front on his own is enough to put me on a downer before the game even starts and it certainly does him no favours.

Some Hearts fans are complete idiots at times.. for all you who boo'ed you lot are pathetic... laughable how stupid you all looked.

It was pretty poor fare from both sides but at the end of a day it was a pre-season friendly. And served it's purpose well in showing the new gaffer which players we have who can't even turn it on under no pressure. And god knows there were a few out there tonight.

Dirk Diggler
Does the ref not get booed at half time as a rule. Particularly a hobo one?

Did you get told that on here?

;)

Doctor FinnBarr

Didn't boo, didn't hear too many boos, but by christ, it was rank! 5 or 6 decent players required please.

:mad:

It was horrendous. Then again hopefully it'll be the best thing possible. Csaba has now seen how bad they really are and will hopefully do something about it. Many things that have happened over the past two years have papered over cracks, but now we actually have a manager, he'll hopefully have the power to change it.

Jambof3tornado

I boo'd and dont make any excuse for doing so. I paid a tenner to get in and deserve to see a team who can at least try and look like they give a toss. Too many fluffed passes and to those who keep going on about a young team it wasnt a young team,there were a couple of young players in ther but it was mostly a team of expected starters for the league who didnt look like they had even SEEN a football before,never mind play with one!!!

Mole and Chesney did ok,Stewart was less than woeful,Wallace was terrible(come back Jose all is forgiven),Audrey was unimpressive,Glen was lonely,Zaliukas was inept and gave the ball away more times that I could count,Ruben was not in the game,anyone I missed out didnt even deserve to be slated.

No positives at all from that and its pointless teaching the players 5 formations when they cant pass a ball 5 yards to each other.

One thing I will say,I am hopeful that Csaba will come out and tell it like it was and not butter it up as some great display(in a frail type way),but I will wait and see what he comes out with.

A lot of people paid good money to see that game and Hearts failed to deliver,pre season friendly or not.:sad:

The idea that this was a squad choc-full of youngsters is rubbish. Banks, Karipidis, Berra, Zaliukas, Wallace, Stewart, Cesnauskas, Audrey, Palazuelos all played for big chunks of last season...they are seasoned pro's not "youngsters" making their first foray into the world of professional football.

As for the booing...people need to keep a grip. This was a friendly and given that we have not had a manager until last week we are WAY behind in terms of tactics, fitness and form. I have no reason to believe that Csaba had anything to do with the selection of the teams...he will be relying on people from last year to point him in the right direction. My hope is that he saw what I saw tonight and that was a team that is well short of the quality required...we have no right back, no left back, no right midfielder, no left midfielder, no ball carrying midfielder, no forwards and we lack leadership and experience.

On a side note the quicker someone puts Stewart out of his misery the better for everyone.

They weren't booing were they? I despair. The team sheet was largely made up of youngsters.

Don't think so,

Banks

Karipidis

Palazuelos

Stewart

Cesnaukas

Number 11

Zaliukas

These were all on from the start and only Number 11 was taken off althiugh why he was ever on in the first place beats me.

The idea that this was a squad choc-full of youngsters is rubbish. Banks, Karipidis, Berra, Zaliukas, Wallace, Stewart, Cesnauskas, Audrey, Palazuelos all played for big chunks of last season...they are seasoned pro's not "youngsters" making their first foray into the world of professional football.

As for the booing...people need to keep a grip. This was a friendly and given that we have not had a manager until last week we are WAY behind in terms of tactics, fitness and form. I have no reason to believe that Csaba had anything to do with the selection of the teams...he will be relying on people from last year to point him in the right direction. My hope is that he saw what I saw tonight and that was a team that is well short of the quality required...we have no right back, no left back, no right midfielder, no left midfielder, no ball carrying midfielder, no forwards and we lack leadership and experience.

On a side note the quicker someone puts Stewart out of his misery the better for everyone.

So , we got no team at all , really ?

Absolutely, these players need to be made aware of how crap they really are. And boy are they crap!!!

If we just sit back and do nothing, this entire farce will continue. I was at the game and I must say I was disgusted by the incompetence, how they can call themselves pro footballers is beyond me. Out of the original 11 players that took the field, I reckon 4 of them deserve to pull the jersey on, the rest should be looking at alternative careers, maybe butchers or clowns perhaps. Another clueless thread from Bapsweed!

It was not the best tonight - by any stretch.

Good turnout by Hearts - but a few booing at half time was OTT.

It was the poorest game I have seen in years - did any keeper actually have a save to make?

Gallacher had 2 good saves. Especially the first one. Both were deflections but still saves.

Mod Edit

Love all those not at the game having a go before people who were actually forced to watch that pish and pay for the privilige get back.

It was terrible. What do you expect them to be applauded off the park at half time!? Wasnt really much booing at the end, everyone just moped off, but i suppose you wouldn't know that.

The youngsters only came on for 2nd half which was a little better.

What an absolute Mod Edit you are, and an armchair one at that!! :)

Boo, boo and thrice boo!!!!

But you wonder why people don't include you in meetings with the club?

It's a pre-season friendly that counts for hee-haw - get a grip FFS.

siegementality
But you wonder why people don't include you in meetings with the club?

It's a pre-season friendly that counts for hee-haw - get a grip FFS.

1: I have NEVER wondered why people don't include me in meetings with the club.

2: My post was an attempt at humour (Frankie Howard type, I'd have thought he'd have been about your age range), obviously failed on your part, now you get a grip FFS and if it's an early morning verbal boxing match your after crack on, get the gloves on.

shaun.lawson

I certainly don't think much of the booing - though I imagine an element of it must have come from people who are understandably unconvinced that this really is a fresh start. It's up to the club through its actions, and the team through its displays and results, to gradually win them back. I've never booed my own team's players at a game, and never will, as I think it achieves nothing; and booing at a preseason game seems utterly daft. But it probably owes much more to the cynicism created by the last two years than anything that happened tonight.

Not that I'm in any real position to comment, mind you. Because there's no competitive edge in pre-season games, loads of subs are allowed and so on, I've always considered my attendance at any such match would signal my having crossed the fine line separating sadness from madness. I'm still, just, on the right side of that line - well, I hope so, anyway... :wacko:

1: I have NEVER wondered why people don't include me in meetings with the club.

2: My post was an attempt at humour (Frankie Howard type, I'd have thought he'd have been about your age range), obviously failed on your part, now you get a grip FFS and if it's an early morning verbal boxing match your after crack on, get the gloves on.

Point number 1 - you spent most of the week after we met the club bumping your gums about 'secret meetings'.

Point number 2 - he's not in my age range, he's dead!

Verbal boxing match? Intellectual debate is more my thing - sorry.

Archived