Hearts Women - Glasgow City 2 Hearts 0

3fingersreid

Stendelnator
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats utter horseshit....

Yes the Womens team are every bit a part of the club but we are also brand new so without throwing money at it like the OF it will take time. The lassies are getting better and stronger and more cohesive every game. Some are playing through injury at the moment because the squad is small. Kirk and Hughes are doing a fantastic job and we will continue to grow. Wont be long until we are competing but to say we should be up there with the OF Hibs and Glasgow City right now is a step too far for next season at least.

Investment may come and of it does I hope we use it properly and not just throw it at signing big players for the womens team. 

The players are decent but they’re so unfit from what I’ve seen which again isn’t entirely their fault. If they had money to ensure they could train instead of doing shifts at work it would make a huge difference 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Boab said:

I hope we do just to annoy them.

Likewise....

I dont think its the way forward right now though. Keep building as we are. Push the academy and in two three years time I think you will see a big difference. Caveat that with the OF will be in a league of their own though. GC wont be able to hold on to their coattails and I doubt Hibs will either

Just now, sadj said:

Likewise....

I dont think its the way forward right now though. Keep building as we are. Push the academy and in two three years time I think you will see a big difference. Caveat that with the OF will be in a league of their own though. GC wont be able to hold on to their coattails and I doubt Hibs will either

Aye, it’s early days for the girls’ game. Build it up as you say.

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

The players are decent but they’re so unfit from what I’ve seen which again isn’t entirely their fault. If they had money to ensure they could train instead of doing shifts at work it would make a huge difference 

It would but that would require a good level of investment which unless its a philanthropic gesture is beyond our means at mo. As we grow it should be done though. As iv just said I think its a bit soon for it though.you can see the difference from the start of the season to now.

was more just annoyed at the idea people are being precious and things are badly wrong. Not even close to that imo

Edited by sadj

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, sadj said:

It would but that would require a good level of investment which unless its a philanthropic gesture is beyond our means at mo. As we grow it should be done though. As iv just said I think its a bit soon for it though.you can see the difference from the start of the season to now.

was more just annoyed at the idea people are being precious and things are badly wrong. Not even close to that imo

It shouldn’t take that much investment from Hearts, Loic Damour’s wages alone could probably pay an entire women’s squad £200 a week each or something. 

the_jailer

There are some cracking players in the academy. Hopefully in the next couple of years they will start to come through. 

3fingersreid
21 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Is that really the extent of our ambition? 

The Women's team is every bit a part of Hearts as a club and we should never ever accept a lower standard than Hibs. We need some real investment to lift the team to where it should be: competing with Glasgow and the old firm, never mind setting our standard at the bottom half of the league.

Finishing at the bottom this year is hugely dissapointing. Something's going badly wrong and people are a bit too precious about calling it out...IMHO

No it’s not the extent of the ambition ffs , but this season has been a harsh learning process  

Something has gone wrong ? Young team in comparison to most of not all the others , other teams who have a minimum of 2 years top league experience remember . 
Im confident we’ll be heading in the right direction next season , performances have been steadily improving whilst the results might not be , yet . 

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hows Frozen Boots thigh knock? Was away to ask if it was a better performance. Thats massive for them added to recent games to know they can compete. 

She was doing well , as you’d expect maybe a bit fired up for it , sadly she had to come off , looks like heat stroke got her , had to go round to the physios room to get her , found her shivering but burning up at the same time . Got her home and my wife got her sorted out , she didn’t know what the score was when she came off .

Looked like the old Claire was beginning to come back today until that too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

No it’s not the extent of the ambition ffs , but this season has been a harsh learning process  

Something has gone wrong ? Young team in comparison to most of not all the others , other teams who have a minimum of 2 years top league experience remember . 
Im confident we’ll be heading in the right direction next season , performances have been steadily improving whilst the results might not be , yet . 

She was doing well , as you’d expect maybe a bit fired up for it , sadly she had to come off , looks like heat stroke got her , had to go round to the physios room to get her , found her shivering but burning up at the same time . Got her home and my wife got her sorted out , she didn’t know what the score was when she came off .

Looked like the old Claire was beginning to come back today until that too 🤷🏻‍♂️

I thought she was playing well too, some nice little flicks and tricks 

10 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

There are some cracking players in the academy. Hopefully in the next couple of years they will start to come through. 

👌🏻🤘🏻

10 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

It shouldn’t take that much investment from Hearts, Loic Damour’s wages alone could probably pay an entire women’s squad £200 a week each or something. 

Not sure £200 a week would help most of them to be full time pros. Much as the idea is nice.

10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Great to hear she was more like herself. Claire fired up for a derby 🤔 Nahhhhh!!! Not believing that... Glad shes ok now , ill drop her a message 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I thought she was playing well too, some nice little flicks and tricks 

Shes a quality baller when shes on it. Heart of a lion too what shes played through this season. I keep telling her to keep her head down , trust herself and keep going and she’ll soon be in the Scotland setup. 

Edited by sadj

Nookie Bear
28 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Sorry but every week players are turning out at amateur levels and are in excellent condition. Look at Brora. 

Stendelnator
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

👌🏻🤘🏻

Not sure £200 a week would help most of them to be full time pros. Much as the idea is nice.

Great to hear she was more like herself. Claire fired up for a derby 🤔 Nahhhhh!!! Not believing that... Glad shes ok now , ill drop her a message 👍🏻

Shes a quality baller when shes on it. Heart of a lion too what shes played through this season. I keep telling her to keep her head down , trust herself and keep going and she’ll soon be in the Scotland setup. 

Hearts won’t be a professional club for a long time. If the players got that sort of money they could afford to train more frequently though. Semi pro is the way to go. Spartans are doing that next season 

Auldbenches

BBC Scotland are showing the Glasgow v forfar game just now. Probably a bigger fixture in that league just now but they could've shown the derby.  

Stendelnator
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry but every week players are turning out at amateur levels and are in excellent condition. Look at Brora. 

As much as I appreciate the comparison, Brora’s results after the game against us show it was entirely down to us being historically shite. Brora shipped something like 11 goals in 3 games to Kelty and Stranraer, not sure they’re world class athletes. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
44 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yes the Womens team are every bit a part of the club but we are also brand new so without throwing money at it like the OF it will take time. The lassies are getting better and stronger and more cohesive every game. Some are playing through injury at the moment because the squad is small. Kirk and Hughes are doing a fantastic job and we will continue to grow. Wont be long until we are competing but to say we should be up there with the OF Hibs and Glasgow City right now is a step too far for next season at least.

Investment may come and of it does I hope we use it properly and not just throw it at signing big players for the womens team. 

Eh, we're rooted at the bottom of the league. That, my friend, is "utter horseshit." We can't have one standard for the men's team and another for the women's. You finish bottom of the league, you get pelters not excuses.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

18 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Hearts won’t be a professional club for a long time. If the players got that sort of money they could afford to train more frequently though. Semi pro is the way to go. Spartans are doing that next season 

FOH has contributed almost £12m to Hearts and the women's team should be seeing a share of that.

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, sadj said:

The team are part time and playing investment will be needed if they’re going to compete with full time players of the other teams. 
I wouldn’t describe Kirk and Hughes as doing a great job as far as I’ve been told. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

FOH has contributed almost £12m to Hearts and the women's team should be seeing a share of that.

If we are going to do it then do it right, also expand the medical team for instance so they don’t have to wait to get treatment until the men are fit. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The team are part time and playing investment will be needed if they’re going to compete with full time players of the other teams. 
I wouldn’t describe Kirk and Hughes as doing a great job as far as I’ve been told. 

From the players mouths he has been 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pasquale for King
Just now, sadj said:

From the players mouths he has been 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not any more, he wouldn’t speak to them after the Formantine game. 

3fingersreid
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m guessing you mean Forfar ? Which he did speak to them , buying them pizza and wraps . 
Kirk and Hughes are very popular with the team 

Scottie Wanshot.
On 29/04/2019 at 08:28, i8hibsh said:

Hilarious goalkeeping. 

maybe its Pereira sister that's in goals.

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We shall have to agree to disagree R 👍🏻

51 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Eh, we're rooted at the bottom of the league. That, my friend, is "utter horseshit." We can't have one standard for the men's team and another for the women's. You finish bottom of the league, you get pelters not excuses.

At this moment in time the standards are different as time goes on they won’t be. Massive first season in the top flight and lessons have been learned. There is a ceiling though without investment and another one without serious investment. As it happens I would not be chastising them for where they finished nor do I disagree we should be investing more. I do as I have said though think that needs to wait and not be thrown in straight away. Its a busted flush to try and compete with Rangers , Celtic and GC right now. 

chuck berrys hairline

Pizza and wraps, how professional! 😂 no wonder we are at the bottom if thats the standards being set. Either take it serious or don't bother at all

Stendelnator
3 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Pizza and wraps, how professional! 😂 no wonder we are at the bottom if thats the standards being set. Either take it serious or don't bother at all

It’s fairly common for men’s teams to eat similar after a game. The carbohydrates are essential after a game. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Hearts men used to get Dominos after games, the chef now makes them a better variety for after home games. It was in the documentary. Standard procedure for a lot of teams, has been for years. Remember Fabregas throwing a slice of pizza at Ferguson?

https://www.sportbible.com/football/reactions-news-take-a-bow-the-story-behind-the-pizzagate-scandal-at-old-trafford-15-years-on-20191024

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

How pathetic it is that your measure is ‘never to accept a lower standard than hibs, team just got promoted ffs, 

Edited by Hesh

On 27/05/2021 at 10:42, Niemi’s gloves said:

Not so sure about that. A superior goal difference of 9 is not that huge in the women’s game with two games to go. Glasgow have relatively tough games against Spartans and Rangers to come; Celtic have games against two of the three weakest teams, Forfar and Motherwell. If Glasgow win against Spartans but lose by a similar margin versus Rangers, they could quite easily be caught on GD. You could see on Scott Booth’s face last night that he wasn’t a very happy man: I’d guess he expected to win by a lot more than 4-1. 

Still all to play for. Celtic improved goal difference by 6 and now just 4 goals behind Glasgow now. Glasgow just need a draw versus Rangers next Sunday. Rangers out of it but can help Celtic win the league. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m guessing you mean Forfar ? Which he did speak to them , buying them pizza and wraps . 
Kirk and Hughes are very popular with the team 

Sorry yeah I typed Forfar then wasn’t sure. 
Not what I’ve been told. As I said, were popular. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, sadj said:

We shall have to agree to disagree R 👍🏻

At this moment in time the standards are different as time goes on they won’t be. Massive first season in the top flight and lessons have been learned. There is a ceiling though without investment and another one without serious investment. As it happens I would not be chastising them for where they finished nor do I disagree we should be investing more. I do as I have said though think that needs to wait and not be thrown in straight away. Its a busted flush to try and compete with Rangers , Celtic and GC right now. 

All very fair points Sadj. I do believe every single player has given her all and I would applaud them for that.

As a Hearts fan with no inside knowledge, I just want to see us up at the top rather than at the foot. And, I do believe it is possible to put a very good team together quickly with the right investment.

I would definitely pay an extra £5 a month to FOH if it went to the women's team.

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Clearly know feck all about football and the nutrition involved.

Edited by sadj

3fingersreid
59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

And as I said , still are popular 😂😂

this could go on and on 😂😂😂

30 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

All very fair points Sadj. I do believe every single player has given her all and I would applaud them for that.

As a Hearts fan with no inside knowledge, I just want to see us up at the top rather than at the foot. And, I do believe it is possible to put a very good team together quickly with the right investment.

I would definitely pay an extra £5 a month to FOH if it went to the women's team.

I think we all want to see the womens team achieving high finishes and competing in the cup/cups. I also believe we will. It is def possible I just think for the long term sustainability and competitiveness we need to do it the right way. Celtic and Rangers have thrown money at it and much as id love us to do that I think waiting until there is a better Euro route or better rewards it makes sense to continue to do it slowly imo. 

Well worth debating or maybe the club can look at a different approach for raising funds. Possibly worth funding the strip or boots of individuals to try and put money into the womens team too

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still all to play for. Celtic improved goal difference by 6 and now just 4 goals behind Glasgow now. Glasgow just need a draw versus Rangers next Sunday. Rangers out of it but can help Celtic win the league. 

Can you imagine 🤣

Stendelnator

I mean we have a parent of a key player saying the coaches are very popular so unless the alternative voice is another parent or player then I think it’s a safe bet that only one is right 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Without going into who said that , what happened that they arent popular? As i said its not my understanding. I do know one father who makes waves but the daughter doesnt could be something like that

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think we all want to see the womens team achieving high finishes and competing in the cup/cups. I also believe we will. It is def possible I just think for the long term sustainability and competitiveness we need to do it the right way. Celtic and Rangers have thrown money at it and much as id love us to do that I think waiting until there is a better Euro route or better rewards it makes sense to continue to do it slowly imo. 

Well worth debating or maybe the club can look at a different approach for raising funds. Possibly worth funding the strip or boots of individuals to try and put money into the womens team too

£10 admission would kick start it (once crowds are allowed in)

There is clearly a market for it 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think there is too. Hopefully if the pitch is in good nick and we can it would be great to use Tynie regularly. 

3fingersreid
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Bugger off it’s costing me a fortune in petrol as it is 😂😂😂😂

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I think there is too. Hopefully if the pitch is in good nick and we can it would be great to use Tynie regularly. 

See above 😂😂😂😂

Stendelnator

Perhaps someone should approach the foundation with a resolution that a percentage of money is given to the women’s team each month. Or a separate fund started 

13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Bugger off it’s costing me a fortune in petrol as it is 😂😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣 Its fine we can do the campaign through FoH just to fund your backdated petrol bill or give her a swear jar and rental charge for the freezer 💁🏻‍♂️

13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

See above 😂😂😂😂

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

And as I said , still are popular 😂😂

this could go on and on 😂😂😂

As I’ve said three times not anymore, straight from someone in the team. Must be different opinions within the group. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

15 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Perhaps someone should approach the foundation with a resolution that a percentage of money is given to the women’s team each month. Or a separate fund started 

Would that not require a certain percentage of us to vote in favour. Is it within the remit of the club just to utilise a percentage of the funds? Im not clued up on that stuff.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

Without going into who said that , what happened that they arent popular? As i said its not my understanding. I do know one father who makes waves but the daughter doesnt could be something like that

Just as I said he didn’t speak to them straight after a game because they lost a late goal, but 3 fingers said he bought them food. Only going by what I’ve been told, maybe it’s just the one player that’s not keen. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I mean we have a parent of a key player saying the coaches are very popular so unless the alternative voice is another parent or player then I think it’s a safe bet that only one is right 

It’s a player all right, and I think she’s know more than another’s player father to be brutally honest. 

3fingersreid
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a player all right, and I think she’s know more than another’s player father to be brutally honest. 

Of that there will be no doubt but does she know more than another player ? 
 I think I get the info second hand I think you get it third hand , would that be fair to say ? 

Pasquale for King
Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Of that there will be no doubt but does she know more than another player ? 
 I think I get the info second hand I think you get it third hand , would that be fair to say ? 

Definitely.
That’s why I think there’s maybe different opinions in the dressing room which is fair enough. The info isn’t lost in translation it’s basic stuff. 
The fact they’re having to work, train, play, work and train during the week seems to be unpopular. Play a Wednesday game, home after midnight, don’t get to sleep until 4, up for work at 7, full day at work then go to training. Tough going for them. 
Being PT seems to be holding them back a bit. They need more investment but when you have folk money about any money going to them doesn’t help. 
Once again though if the first team were doing well then funding the women’s team wouldn’t be an issue. 

3fingersreid
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely.
That’s why I think there’s maybe different opinions in the dressing room which is fair enough. The info isn’t lost in translation it’s basic stuff. 
The fact they’re having to work, train, play, work and train during the week seems to be unpopular. Play a Wednesday game, home after midnight, don’t get to sleep until 4, up for work at 7, full day at work then go to training. Tough going for them. 
Being PT seems to be holding them back a bit. They need more investment but when you have folk money about any money going to them doesn’t help. 
Once again though if the first team were doing well then funding the women’s team wouldn’t be an issue. 

There’s no doubt it’s tough , combining work, training and playing.

For those of us who know what the girls / women put into their football the comment that winds me up the most isn’t the league position, results or even the debate about the funding but the comments on the shape of the girls/women physically and to an extent their fitness .

The effort that Hearts women put in is the maximum that they as part time players can do . 
From a personal point I watch my daughter and admire the work she puts in for the team and her university work and her part time job .

From a supporters view I fully appreciate the commitment the women’s section put in from the head coach to the youngest player especially given that each week must be at times soul destroying, but they just keep picking themselves up and carrying on .

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

There’s no doubt it’s tough , combining work, training and playing.

For those of us who know what the girls / women put into their football the comment that winds me up the most isn’t the league position, results or even the debate about the funding but the comments on the shape of the girls/women physically and to an extent their fitness .

The effort that Hearts women put in is the maximum that they as part time players can do . 
From a personal point I watch my daughter and admire the work she puts in for the team and her university work and her part time job .

From a supporters view I fully appreciate the commitment the women’s section put in from the head coach to the youngest player especially given that each week must be at times soul destroying, but they just keep picking themselves up and carrying on .

I think there’s a general misunderstanding of how dedicated they are, and obviously seeing they are bottom without knowing the whole story is disappointing. 
You obviously have a fair level of dedication yourself so you deserve praise for that and I’m sure your daughter appreciates it.

Some of them might not want to go full time either if they’ve got good jobs or prospects. 
Let’s hope they keep progressing and more funding can be given to them. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Glasgow City 2 Hearts 0