Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Thanks for posting that.  Absolutely loved it.  Along with beating Hibs,  the highlight of my season to date 

Many thanks to yourself and 3fingers in particular for posting so regularly and keeping me updated.  It's hugely appreciated.

highlandjambo3

Excellent........might be a bit cheesy but, would a lap of honour at our next home game be appropriate?................standing by to be shot down.

35 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Excellent........might be a bit cheesy but, would a lap of honour at our next home game be appropriate?................standing by to be shot down.

This is a good idea. Get the lassies out at half time too.

scott herbertson
42 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

A think a presentation by Ann pre match with AB would be a good idea. I never see half time stuff as pre match pub juice working its way through, + age and the need to gibber to mates at half time all mean I'm lucky tyo make it back to my seat before the restart

59 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Whilst I don't think the club should be providing financial support to the women game I do think it would be correct to recognise success. A HT appearance with the trophy would work and would be inline with the support we have provided to other community projects. We did the same with the walking football team.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Congrats to 3fingersreid. Proud moment for you. 

Thank you , much appreciated 👍🏻

25 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

3fingers great post, apologies for being a numpty as regards women's football, respect where its due from now on.

:thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

3fingers great post, apologies for being a numpty as regards women's football, respect where its due from now on.

No need to apologise , you’re entitled to your opinion . I’m glad you’ve wavered a bit about it tho 😄

alicante jambo

Brilliant stuff. Got to be chuffed for them seeing them at the end. The men , woman or the boys and girls if theyre winning leagues and cups and they wear a hearts strip thats good enough for me. Championeees.

I thought the wee Hearts number 11 yesterday had a cracking game. Wasnt scared to get stuck into the Partick no 14 who was the equivalent of uche in build.

Nucky Thompson
5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

A bit cringeworthy IMO considering they only won the 2nd division.

Hibs have been at the top of the Women's game in Scotland for years yet you don't hear them going on about laps of honour :lol:

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Hibs have been at the top of the Women's game in Scotland for years yet you don't hear them going on about laps of honour :lol:

Hibs women have regularly done presentations at Easter Road. 

They have made a big deal about it including both teams winning the Cup in 2016. 

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Well hibs haven’t won the league for 12? years but they have won the cup for 4 years on the bounce . They do however parade it at the first available home game . 

5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I recall the Hearts men's team doing a lap of honour after we won the Championship - made quite a big deal of it in fact :thumbsup:

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I thought the wee Hearts number 11 yesterday had a cracking game. Wasnt scared to get stuck into the Partick no 14 who was the equivalent of uche in build.

That's our mates lassie. Dad was with us yesterday on our way back from Barcelona and he was grinning like a Cheshire cat all the way home

23 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That's our mates lassie. Dad was with us yesterday on our way back from Barcelona and he was grinning like a Cheshire cat all the way home

I’ll bet you Gordon bought bugger all drink tho . 
Wee Jenny had a great game yesterday , coincidence he wasn’t there ? I don’t think so 😂😂😂

Edited by 3fingersreid

On 17/11/2019 at 19:26, 3fingersreid said:

So , I know there are some who doubt the future of women’s football and all that goes with it . However I say this from the heart , my young daughter has played every minute of every game mainly at right back but occasionally at centre half . 
She played against Hutchy two days after we laid my mum to rest in April , a woman that was very close to her . 
Today was a very hard day for her and not just on the field but also in her mind , she is the only Hearts fan in the team and before the game she looked over to the memorial garden  where we have a plaque and asked her grandad Bob to to help her through the game . 
Personally I thought she had a good game -I’m biased- and the team done what they had to do , 

We finish the season as Champions , can’t ask for better than that . 
What would be the icing on the cake is if those who doubt it ( I respect your opinions ) but all I ask is give them support , don’t doubt the plans and give them a chance . 
Well done ladies I am proud of every single one of you 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🏆

I do apologise as I’ve had a few to celebrate 

You’ve every right to your bias and your pride, the ladies did really well yesterday.👏

It’s a little disappointing there’s only one Hearts fan in the team, how can so many people be so badly brought up? 😄

7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They couldn’t win the top division, as good as they are, they can’t win a competition they aren’t in. 😉
The club is still in its infancy as far as the women’s game is concerned, but IMO the achievement is still one to be recognised and celebrated. 
Unless of course you didn’t recognise or celebrate the 2015 Championship win, in which case at least you’d be consistently curmudgeonly.

2 hours ago, Pistol1874 said:

You’ve every right to your bias and your pride, the ladies did really well yesterday.👏

It’s a little disappointing there’s only one Hearts fan in the team, how can so many people be so badly brought up? 😄

The one Jambo in the team makes enough noise and gets the rest of them told as if there were ten of them 😂😂

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

The one Jambo in the team makes enough noise and gets the rest of them told as if there were ten of them 😂😂

Are most of the girls from the Edinburgh area? I take it it's the usual mix of Hibs, Celtic and Rangers fans?

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Are most of the girls from the Edinburgh area? I take it it's the usual mix of Hibs, Celtic and Rangers fans?

Yeah usual mix with the majority being hibs ( at the minute 😉)

most are from Edinburgh and the Lothian's 

strangely though the hibs women’s team is full of Hearts fans 🤔

13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Maybe a few transfers on the cards shortly.

Forever Hearts
29 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

👍

On 17/11/2019 at 19:26, 3fingersreid said:

So , I know there are some who doubt the future of women’s football and all that goes with it . However I say this from the heart , my young daughter has played every minute of every game mainly at right back but occasionally at centre half . 
She played against Hutchy two days after we laid my mum to rest in April , a woman that was very close to her . 
Today was a very hard day for her and not just on the field but also in her mind , she is the only Hearts fan in the team and before the game she looked over to the memorial garden  where we have a plaque and asked her grandad Bob to to help her through the game . 
Personally I thought she had a good game -I’m biased- and the team done what they had to do , 

We finish the season as Champions , can’t ask for better than that . 
What would be the icing on the cake is if those who doubt it ( I respect your opinions ) but all I ask is give them support , don’t doubt the plans and give them a chance . 
Well done ladies I am proud of every single one of you 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🏆

I do apologise as I’ve had a few to celebrate 

Superb. You must be so proud. Need to get my daughters along next season to light the flame.

Is your girl no 2? Looked great in highlights, set up good chances incl 2nd goal.

Scotland RB Smith, i thought possibly a weak link at world cup. Ambitions and a chance to go that far mate?

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

As Jimmy Greaves once said, it's a funny old game.

24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Superb. You must be so proud. Need to get my daughters along next season to light the flame.

Is your girl no 2? Looked great in highlights, set up good chances incl 2nd goal.

Scotland RB Smith, i thought possibly a weak link at world cup. Ambitions and a chance to go that far mate?

She certainly harbours international ambitions but she’s never been selected at any level for her country (yet)🤞🏻🤞🏻.
Her main aim is to keep herself and Hearts progressing and trying to challenge the top teams anything else is a bonus . 

I won’t lie there were tears in my eyes , but happy and proud ones 😂😂

FBAD9BFE-5B93-4837-B347-4AA7E92D4640.jpeg

40 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

She certainly harbours international ambitions but she’s never been selected at any level for her country (yet)🤞🏻🤞🏻.
Her main aim is to keep herself and Hearts progressing and trying to challenge the top teams anything else is a bonus . 

👍👍👍👍

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Superb buddy. Well, away from all that emotional stuff, i hope she makes you millions!!!!

fabienleclerq

That's a great picture. 

mate , proper chuffed for ya. 🙌🏻🙌🏻

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

That's a great picture. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Thank you 👍🏻

Edited by 3fingersreid

• 2 weeks later...

Trials for the girls age groups took place last night. My daughter attended with some of her team. 

Well organised from Hearts. Coaches seems great and made all the girls feel welcome and relaxed. Some potentially good young players out there from what I seen. 

The second set of trials take place on Friday, with those progressing from last night being notified today. I can speak for my daughter that she thoroughly enjoyed the experience regardless of whether she will progress or not. 

6 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just read on facebook that the league winning ladies team will be taking a bow at tonights game, well done to them.

Before kick off

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Before kick off

22 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just read on facebook that the league winning ladies team will be taking a bow at tonights game, well done to them.

i said in jest to I8 that they would yesterday after he claimed he’s going. I await the 100 threads and abuse about girls/women being in a football stadium for him.

that aside they should do it at HT and really let them milk it , its well deserved and a great achievement.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday