Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The Umbro sponsorship announcement spoke of more sponsors for the women's section being rolled out next year.

It's all looking extremely positive.

All credit to Hibs for seeing the future of women's football well before us and doing particularly well.  When they look over their shoulder now though they'll see us and that's great for the city and great for the game.

Oh have a word with yourself. :cornette:

Congrats to the team - good momentum to carry forward 👍🏻

Coburg Hearts
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

proper delighted for them , Congratulations to our Women’s team on their first proper trophy , hopefully its the first of many. 

Seconded.

3 hours ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

It why woman's football attendance will grow and grow. Not many can afford to take a family of 5 to a man's game.

Been watching the crowd go in and it's refreshing to see so many family groups.

Definitely,  entertain the kids and the parents will bring them along , over a 1000 there today brilliant for the team and nice end to their season , 3 or 4 excellent young players plus the keeper was very assured with great distribution, last 30 mins Hearts were very very disciplined kept a great shape while causing all sorts of problems for Patrick defence 

Enjoyed the match , first timer.

Club store and food kiosks generated a few bob today,

well done to the Hearts woman they have opened up the 1874 bar for a wee celebration too, all extra revenue in our coffers.  

34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Superb!!!

How big is the jump up in divisions? Next season about staying up or we looking to be top half?

There’s a big gulf between Hibs and Hearts Women at the moment , more about staying up I’d imagine Celtic Rangers Glasgow city and Hibs all investing in the Women’s game and they have a head start 

42 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Superb!!!

How big is the jump up in divisions? Next season about staying up or we looking to be top half?

The ladies played well, some really good stuff at times. 
It will be tougher next year and I expect the  squad will need reshaped, but in Jenny Smith we have a real talent, she was outstanding today.

As solid a performance as you’re likely to see from a side who had to avoid defeat to clinch a title. Never really overwhelmed Thistle but at no stage did Hearts look in any danger. The full backs were tremendous. I know the RB is the daughter of @3fingersreid and he knows I’ve rated her since I saw her play Glasgow City. 

Is the LB the loanee from Hibs? I hadn’t seen her before but was very impressed. 

Well done to all of them. A massive achievement in such a short time for them.

Hearts investing in the women's team can only do good for the club at large. Interest in the women's game is huge right now and a successful women's side would be beneficial for the stature and exposure of the club in general.

And it's slightly belated congratulations from me.

Well done girls.  :clap: 

Edited by Morgan

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well done to everyone involved. Great news for the club and trophies are what we should be about for both the men's and woman's teams, congratulation girls! Hopefully the men will step up to the plate now too!

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

As solid a performance as you’re likely to see from a side who had to avoid defeat to clinch a title. Never really overwhelmed Thistle but at no stage did Hearts look in any danger. The full backs were tremendous. I know the RB is the daughter of @3fingersreid and he knows I’ve rated her since I saw her play Glasgow City. 

Is the LB the loanee from Hibs? I hadn’t seen her before but was very impressed. 

Yep she is 👍🏻

So , I know there are some who doubt the future of women’s football and all that goes with it . However I say this from the heart , my young daughter has played every minute of every game mainly at right back but occasionally at centre half . 
She played against Hutchy two days after we laid my mum to rest in April , a woman that was very close to her . 
Today was a very hard day for her and not just on the field but also in her mind , she is the only Hearts fan in the team and before the game she looked over to the memorial garden  where we have a plaque and asked her grandad Bob to to help her through the game . 
Personally I thought she had a good game -I’m biased- and the team done what they had to do , 

We finish the season as Champions , can’t ask for better than that . 
What would be the icing on the cake is if those who doubt it ( I respect your opinions ) but all I ask is give them support , don’t doubt the plans and give them a chance . 
Well done ladies I am proud of every single one of you 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🏆

I do apologise as I’ve had a few to celebrate 

ScandinavianJambo
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Good stuff.

Hopefully more investment in the ladies team next season to push for the league

:)

This!

19 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

So , I know there are some who doubt the future of women’s football and all that goes with it . However I say this from the heart , my young daughter has played every minute of every game mainly at right back but occasionally at centre half . 
She played against Hutchy two days after we laid my mum to rest in April , a woman that was very close to her . 
Today was a very hard day for her and not just on the field but also in her mind , she is the only Hearts fan in the team and before the game she looked over to the memorial garden  where we have a plaque and asked her grandad Bob to to help her through the game . 
Personally I thought she had a good game -I’m biased- and the team done what they had to do , 

What would be the icing on the cake is if those who doubt it ( I respect your opinions ) but all I ask is give them support , don’t doubt the plans and give them a chance . 

Chuffed for you, Claire and all the squad. They’ve come a long way since Scott (from The Bonds Clinic) and I came up to Dalkeith to see them lose 0-7 to Glasgow. I sat with Scott today and I’m chuffed for him, too, as he’s been up and down from Skipton on many an occasion (I believe you’ve met him?) to show his support and he was a real mixed bag of emotions today. Proud as he could be and a bit sad his sponsorship looks like it’s coming to an end. I’m sure he’ll come up to watch as often as possible next year. As a bonus he took me and my Dad into The Heritage Lounge today for a post match tea where we met the lovely Shelley Kerr, who we spotted deep in conversation with Ann Budge as we left. Cue the odds shortening...😁

Edited by Shaggy2

19 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

🇱🇻 ❤️🇱🇻 

Coburg Hearts
29 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Eloquently put, 3fr.

29 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Some family you’ve got, mate. You should be very proud of your ancestor and your daughter. 

10 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Chuffed for you, Claire and all the squad. They’ve come a long way since Scott (from The Bonds Clinic) and I came up to Dalkeith to see them lose 0-7 to Glasgow. I sat with Scott today and I’m chuffed for him, too, as he’s been up and down from Skipton on many an occasion (I believe you’ve met him?) to show his support and he was a real mixed bag of emotions today. Proud as he could be and a bit sad his sponsorship looks like it’s coming to an end. I’m sure he’ll come up to watch as often as possible next year. As a bonus he took me and my Dad into The Heritage Lounge today for a post match tea where we met the lovely Shelley Kerr, who we spotted deep in conversation with Ann Budge as we left. Cue the odds shortening...😁

Scott is an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to have met and class as a friend , thanks to him were where we are now 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

41 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hear hear 

53 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Occasionally you see a post like this one that's worth dealing with all the nonsense on here for - hope you all had a great time today and are very proud! 

58 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Great post. 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Superb post, and rightly you are celebrating 👏👍

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday