Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

We have full time managers and coaches  - ex players too so they would not come cheap.

Only Kirk is getting paid

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

John it’s not as simple as that, they are amateurs playing professionals our girls work, school kids, mothers and students

Yes i know, the vast majority of footballers are amatuers in this country. To me personally it is as simple as that. Amatuer or professional, your mindset shouldnt change.

Stendelnator
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

At least 200K of FoH money has went in since 2014.

£200,000 in seven years. 

Stendelnator
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We have full time managers and coaches  - ex players too so they would not come cheap.

None of them bar Andy Kirk are paid currently. They all volunteer. The players don’t get expenses for travel as far as I know either. 

Stendelnator
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

If that was to be the case, then i would humbly suggest their heart was never in it to begin with.

They certainly seem to have good attitudes from what I’ve seen, heads rarely go down 

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

They certainly seem to have good attitudes from what I’ve seen, heads rarely go down 

Then despite results, they should not be getting as judged as harshly as they are by some in here. Then those that are judging harshly are the ones that havent seen them play and have seldom played the game themselves.

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Then despite results, they should not be getting as judged as harshly as they are by some in here. Then those that are judging harshly are the ones that havent seen them play and have seldom played the game themselves.

Oh dear, not the old "unless you played the game your opinion is worthless" 🙄

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Oh dear, not the old "unless you played the game your opinion is worthless" 🙄

To a certain extent yes, especially when that opinion is always criticism, never constructive at that.

17 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

None of them bar Andy Kirk are paid currently. They all volunteer. The players don’t get expenses for travel as far as I know either. 

This is the case, the girls attitude is first class, training 3 nights a week plus game day, my daughter and others also train on there own time, but the truth is other clubs have far better players, we have a few players who have played internationally at younger levels, but in my opinion we need better quality, the younger ones will improve, but it will take time, alternatively we could bring in better quality by paying them

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Got a link to twitter , never saw anything over the weekend

I’ll get frozen boots to send it to you , I don’t do Twitter 👍🏻

Howdy Doody Jambo

At the end of the day if the ladies team want to be run successfully then it has to be done professionally not as an  amatuer outfit 

We would have to probably treble the budget, employ proper ladies football coaches and seasoned player's with a track record of playing in the top league 

You can't expect success with the way it is being run as it is 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

6 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

At the end of the day if the ladies team want to be run successfully then it has to be done professionally not as an  amatuer outfit 

We would have to probably treble the budget, employ proper ladies football coaches and seasoned player's with a track record of playing in the top league 

The players could at least turn up looking fit and trying to look after themselves.

God knows what the coaches think when they see them turning up each week.

Does not look a serious venture to me at all.

3fingersreid
4 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

How is the season looking and expectations for the squad?  From what I've observed the team has took a bit of a hit from Murphy moving onto Rangers and some of the better players leaving - is that a fair assessment? 

What Murphy did was come in and tear up the team that won the league the season before . Certainly a few players were retiring but a couple of the experienced ones we had were contemplating one more season which would’ve helped the younger players . It would’ve given us a bit more of a streetwise position in games .
He also signed players that were coming back from long term injuries ( sound familiar?) . 
I personally didn’t get on with the coach prior to Murphy but what he did was install in the team a fantastic team spirit and an incredible fitness level , Murphy didn’t need that he wanted stats , nothing but stats . 
Training and playing under Murphy wasn’t a happy experience for a lot of the girls/women . 
Team spirit is much better , a couple of wins would be great to help it along , so Andy Kirk and his unpaid coaches deserve praise for that . 

I’ll also mention that whilst I think the team position may well come under criticism I think it’s unfair to judge individuals on their “size” , was that sort of thing not what the media blackouts were about from sport last week ? 

Forever Hearts
28 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

What Murphy did was come in and tear up the team that won the league the season before . Certainly a few players were retiring but a couple of the experienced ones we had were contemplating one more season which would’ve helped the younger players . It would’ve given us a bit more of a streetwise position in games .
He also signed players that were coming back from long term injuries ( sound familiar?) . 
I personally didn’t get on with the coach prior to Murphy but what he did was install in the team a fantastic team spirit and an incredible fitness level , Murphy didn’t need that he wanted stats , nothing but stats . 
Training and playing under Murphy wasn’t a happy experience for a lot of the girls/women . 
Team spirit is much better , a couple of wins would be great to help it along , so Andy Kirk and his unpaid coaches deserve praise for that . 

I’ll also mention that whilst I think the team position may well come under criticism I think it’s unfair to judge individuals on their “size” , was that sort of thing not what the media blackouts were about from sport last week ? 

They're meant to be athletes playing a sport where it's a massive advantage being as fit as you can be. If they're not, then it deserves to be highlighted.  

3fingersreid
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They're meant to be athletes playing a sport where it's a massive advantage being as fit as you can be. If they're not, then it deserves to be highlighted.  

I guess it depends on how that’s worded 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ll get frozen boots to send it to you , I don’t do Twitter 👍🏻

Haha , she sent me it , was expecting something worse , havent seen our red though. It was def reckless though and would have expected it to be a red the other way around. 

3fingersreid
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Admire 3digits & sadjy fighting the corner, especially in fingers' case, with his teenage daughter involved.

Pissing against the wind, gentlemen, I'm afraid. Genuinely don't know why you waste your time on some posters.

Thanks , thing is I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion so I try and discuss it with everyone , yes some will discuss some won’t , that’s life I suppose . 

If the figure of £200K has been put into the women’s section , I reckon that’s near to what I’ve spent on the club in my years supporting Hearts 😀

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Admire 3digits & sadjy fighting the corner, especially in fingers' case, with his teenage daughter involved.

Pissing against the wind, gentlemen, I'm afraid. Genuinely don't know why you waste your time on some posters.

Indeed , teenage though 🤔 Said daughter is getting on now....🤣

9 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Thanks , thing is I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion so I try and discuss it with everyone , yes some will discuss some won’t , that’s life I suppose . 

If the figure of £200K has been put into the women’s section , I reckon that’s near to what I’ve spent on the club in my years supporting Hearts 😀

I assume that at least £199.99k is just on the therapy to cope with being a jambo. 

With some it is the rationale of why they are against it that annoys me. Some I guess just want to moan constantly but others genuinely believe its a drain , a waste of time and has no positive aspects.

34 minutes ago, sadj said:

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

21 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I think some of these jokers think Hearts are going to bin the women’s team if they whinge and whine enough 

Sorry chaps but the women are here to stay, be here long after most of us are pushing up daisies 

All progressive football clubs the world over have a women’s team, and guess what I doubt more than a handful run any type of profit

Here to stay

3fingersreid
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed , teenage though 🤔 Said daughter is getting on now....🤣

I assume that at least £199.99k is just on the therapy to cope with being a jambo. 

With some it is the rationale of why they are against it that annoys me. Some I guess just want to moan constantly but others genuinely believe its a drain , a waste of time and has no positive aspects.

Sadly as she gets older it means I’m getting really experienced in life 😂😂

there’s a second £200K for Hearts supporting therapy 😂😂

8 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

And worse, she had 2 attempts at the stamp before eventually catching the Motherwell player's knee.

Just seen it, brutal

Edited by Hesh

3fingersreid

Hearts appealing our keepers sending off and we’ve got a loan keeper in too 

Stendelnator
41 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hearts appealing our keepers sending off and we’ve got a loan keeper in too 

Any idea who the loan keeper is? Might as well play her based on how the current goalie has been struggling 

3fingersreid
9 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Any idea who the loan keeper is? Might as well play her based on how the current goalie has been struggling 

I’ve not been told her name , I’ll need to beat that out of my daughter when I pick her up ( she’ll hit me back mind ) 😀

she’ll need to play as both our keepers are out as it stands , one injured and the other suspended until the appeal 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Hesh said:

Just seen it, brutal

It would appear their women's team get the same preferential treatment as their male counterparts. That could have easily have led to a broken leg.

3fingersreid

Will wonders never cease , appeal has been successful , our keeper can play tonight . 
Does that count as a success in the Budge era 🤔

Stendelnator
34 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Will wonders never cease , appeal has been successful , our keeper can play tonight . 
Does that count as a success in the Budge era 🤔

They are playing Rangers tonight though so hopefully we do have another goalie just in case. 

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

They are playing Rangers tonight though so hopefully we do have another goalie just in case. 

What could you possibly be implying 😂😂😂

Jambo in Bathgate
On 11/05/2021 at 15:18, 3fingersreid said:

Well put. It seems that the jump up in league is hard going. Most of the other teams have settled senior squads. Then the old firm just hire professional players. Hopefully we’ll see an improvement over the next few seasons. 

Tommy Brown
On 11/05/2021 at 16:35, jbee647 said:

I think some of these jokers think Hearts are going to bin the women’s team if they whinge and whine enough 

Sorry chaps but the women are here to stay, be here long after most of us are pushing up daisies 

All progressive football clubs the world over have a women’s team, and guess what I doubt more than a handful run any type of profit

Here to stay

:clap: well said.

That tackle is ridiculous. Im surprised the referee never gave the yellow to the Hearts girl for simulation.

3fingersreid

A 4-0 defeat tonight away to rangers , going by Twitter the keeper has had a blinder . 
6-0 last time so it’s better , lots of youngsters played to get game time , doesn’t get any easier though , got the celtic women on Sunday and by christ their manager is an absolute knob 

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

A 4-0 defeat tonight away to rangers , going by Twitter the keeper has had a blinder . 
6-0 last time so it’s better , lots of youngsters played to get game time , doesn’t get any easier though , got the celtic women on Sunday and by christ their manager is an absolute knob 

In context thats not a bad result at all. How did Frozen Boots do she back to her self now after the derby? Have her feet healed up at all. 

3fingersreid
6 hours ago, sadj said:

In context thats not a bad result at all. How did Frozen Boots do she back to her self now after the derby? Have her feet healed up at all. 

Her feet are still a bit of a mess but not as sore.

Ive not seen any of the game but she takes the blame for switching off and allowing their player to get in front of her at one of the goals , something she’s been told not happen 😡.

She certainly seems to be happier with her form at the minute .

The team also seemed to be more ready to give them a game rather than be in awe of their opponents . 
No one likes to get beaten but I think/hope that they’ll take some lessons from the game and use it against celtic on Sunday . 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
On 11/05/2021 at 14:42, The Maroon Pound said:

Spot on!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
On 11/05/2021 at 15:18, 3fingersreid said:

What Murphy did was come in and tear up the team that won the league the season before ...Team spirit is much better , a couple of wins would be great to help it along , so Andy Kirk and his unpaid coaches deserve praise for that . 

Respect @3fingersreid, this kind of insight is helpful for uninformed casual poster(ior)s :wink: like me.

If we can pay AK full-time then we should also be paying our players IMO.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Respect @3fingersreid, this kind of insight is helpful for uninformed casual poster(ior)s :wink: like me.

If we can pay AK full-time then we should also be paying our players IMO.

Where's the money coming from for that? 

We're only paying Andy Kirk because Neilson didn't want him near the mens set up.  

Sub4TiddlerMurray
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Where's the money coming from for that? 

We're only paying Andy Kirk because Neilson didn't want him near the mens set up.  

The club has income, it's just a question of priorities. And FOH should be making this a key goal to support. For me, this is an investment that could lead to new income if we had a team capable of going head to head with the old firm, Hibs and Glasgow. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

The club has income, it's just a question of priorities. And FOH should be making this a key goal to support. For me, this is an investment that could lead to new income if we had a team capable of going head to head with the old firm, Hibs and Glasgow. 

Income from where? The crowds they attract don't match the outlay and I'd be surprised if the tv companies paid decent money to televise any league.  

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Income from where? The crowds they attract don't match the outlay and I'd be surprised if the tv companies paid decent money to televise any league.  

And they never will draw crowds or earn TV money without the investment to kick start it. The English league is now being televised on Sky, ten years ago it was a nonentity. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

As I said, we have income.

But, new income could come from: our own PPV TV; playing big matches at Tynecastle; sponsorship; hospitality; etc..

There is no question that there will be a long lead in before any meaningful return on investment. But, if Hearts Women qualify for the Champs League for example (as per Glasgow) I would def watch on PPV and sponsors would come forward.

This is something we should all support and champion IMO rather than see it as somehow detracting from the men's team.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

And they never will draw crowds or earn TV money without the investment to kick start it. The English league is now being televised on Sky, ten years ago it was a nonentity. 

Sky give the mens game up here peanuts. I can only imagine what they'd give the womens game. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Exactly!

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

It's a chicken and egg situation. For some reason, down south the TV companies invest and that gives the football clubs the finance to improve - they did this with the EPL and now the WSL.

Up here, the TV companies give us **** all and then complin the product is not good enough to invest more in.

Are Sky (or BT Sport etc) going to invest much more in scottish women's football? Unlikely they will do more than pay lip service to it as they will be too busy pushing the WSL and Women's Champions League.

It seems the boat has already left in terms of Hearts becoming a force in women's football.

The Apprentice
On 11/05/2021 at 18:28, Hesh said:

Just seen it, brutal

In fairness to the Motherwell player I've not seen anyone shepherd a ball that well since Jose Goncalves! 

Tommy Brown
33 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's a chicken and egg situation. For some reason, down south the TV companies invest and that gives the football clubs the finance to improve - they did this with the EPL and now the WSL.

Up here, the TV companies give us **** all and then complin the product is not good enough to invest more in.

Are Sky (or BT Sport etc) going to invest much more in scottish women's football? Unlikely they will do more than pay lip service to it as they will be too busy pushing the WSL and Women's Champions League.

It seems the boat has already left in terms of Hearts becoming a force in women's football.

Pretty well summed up.

The best Scottish  talent will go south or the uglies. Within a couple  of years they will be shouting to get into the WEPL or WESL.

A UK league set up would certainly help grow the Scottish sides.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hibs 2 Hearts 0