berra stays as captain

Guest jambo200491

I am pleased about that.

not because he is a great captain but because:

1- no one else is even close to having any leadership qualities

2- hopefully this will be a sign of the stability that Laszlo will bring to the club

Greedy_Jambo

berra was on the way out.. he's been persuaded to stay.. if the captains arm band was ripped from his scroaney arm he would be hard pressed to show his face and therefor would be offsky.

Hopefully Berra can "step up to the plate" so to speak in his captain's role. It may be easier now with Csaba in charge i.e. a more unified dressing room to begin with.

Rick Grimes

no other options and anyway, the problem isn't that we lack a credible captain but the fact that we need several leaders on the pitch. in a stable dressing room i can see Stewart being one of those, but we need more.

Drylaw Hearts
Csaba's first mistake if he retains Berra as captain IMO.

His options were limited.

Drylaw Hearts
no other options and anyway, the problem isn't that we lack a credible captain but the fact that we need several leaders on the pitch. in a stable dressing room i can see Stewart being one of those, but we need more.

Stewart shouldn't even be playing for Hearts never mind captaining them.

He is an awful footballer.

Rick Grimes
Stewart shouldn't even be playing for Hearts never mind captaining them.

He is an awful footballer.

not as captain, just a vocal organiser on the pitch. if he can get back to the form of early last season then he's worth a place.

CornhillHearts

"Csaba's first mistake if he retains Berra as captain IMO".

So says the oap whom said Belfast was a slum, ie knows nowt.

Guest JamboRobbo

It's a toughy. Don't think Berra is really captain material. But don't think he had many other viable options either.

The captaincy situation at our club is exposing the lack of leadership throughout the squad.

marshallschunkychicken

Berra WAS desperate to leave.

He's now happy to stay.

That says a lot about Csaba in my opinion.

I think Berra will captain Scotland one day.

For me, he is Hearts most valuable player.

MVP, do we play baseball nowadays:confused:

It's a toughy. Don't think Berra is really captain material. But don't think he had many other viable options either.

The captaincy situation at our club is exposing the lack of leadership throughout the squad.

Yeah agree with that.

Although I would have preferred if he didn't say anything and looked to bring in someone who would take over the captaincy. It would maybe raise a few eyebrows especially with Berra but in the long run I think it would be much better for him and the club.

But if it was anyone at the club now it would be Berra or Banks. I remember Charlie Mann and Foulkes both saying Stewart. NO.

H J Simpson
I think Berra will captain Scotland one day.

For me, he is Hearts most valuable player.

:wave1: Hi Christophe, did you get broadband from uncle Vlad for agreeing to stay another year :P

Archived