'Broken Hearts' STV News Article

Daktari

Nerja Jambo

Every time I read the stories of young children emptying their piggy banks brings a tear to my eye. What we all achieved was simply incredible and I can say that my wife has only seen me cry twice in 45 years. When we won the cup in '98 and when it was announced on twitter we were saved. I was actually shaking with relief.

kingantti1874

Not that I would ever wish to go back to that, however this club, our support has never been more United.  On the pitch, off the pitch every single person did what they could.  Brought out the best of this club. Would be good if we could get rid of the constant bickering.

Diadora Van Basten

I think one of my favourite memories of that time was on Kickback. People were selling memorabilia to raise money for the club and someone was selling a Hearts stereo in the shape of a coke can and a Kickbacker said I’ll give you £50 for it even if it’s F*****.

Konrad von Carstein

In some way this was almost a cathartic experience that made us realise what we were close to losing and galvanised the support and that has resulted in where we are today, fan owned, money coming in every month.

We just need to hit the sweet spot with signings, managerial vision of how we play and consistency of performance....