***Official Scotland v Georgia Match Day Thread***

rmreido

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Absolutely.  Could never figure out why the coaches at Chelsea and Brighton wouldn't give him a game.  He was a bit unfortunate in that every time he moved, the coach who wanted him, moved on too.

Full marks to Steve Clark for sticking by him and making him a much better player.

He wasn't going to get in ahead of Brighton's first choice midfield but he'll be a force this season

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• periodictabledancer

• Hearts007

• Naisys Tackle

Just back in the house.  What a ****ing carry on.

Tell you what, that groundsman with the ponytail / ‘man-bun’ put in some shift.  He was doing the work of half a dozen.

6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

well done Scotland. Proud to be a Scotsman sorry person tonight................ :) 

:jjyay:

6 hours ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Gilmour was as good as anyone I've seen play for Scotland tonight. Super wee player.

He was superb.

Incredibly, we had someone on here last summer saying Connor Ronan was as good a player.

Apologies if discussed earlier but purely for interest - if Georgian players had remained in their dressing room and refused to play would points have been awarded to Scotland? 

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Apologies if discussed earlier but purely for interest - if Georgian players had remained in their dressing room and refused to play would points have been awarded to Scotland? 

3-0 walk over, supposedly. But I remember Estonia.

Presumably yes.
I think they were lucky they were allowed the full ten minutes warm up after it appeared they’d chosen to remain in the dressing room?

Shooter McGavin

Turns out the guy that was with that lassy, and grabbed her t** on national telly, has a girlfriend and they’re expecting their first child…

Plastered all over social media.

:vrwow:

skinnybob72
11 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’ve never seen rain like it in fairness. 

Wasn’t even forecast either. 

I checked the forecast when we got to the Weej at about 5pm and there was zero rain forecast - just 2 hours later we get about 2 months worth of rain in about an hour!!

The Met Office should be shut down, folk can look at the sky if they want an idea of the weather. A blind man running for his life could see what was coming. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

It's a great Scotland team. If we only had a Haaland upfront we'd be one of the best around. 

If only his ancestors had settled in Shetland or Orkney all those centuries ago :sadrobbo:

Presumably the "Georgian Maradona" earned his nickname based on his coke habit rather than his footballing ability.

Dick Dastardly
7 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Absolutely.  Could never figure out why the coaches at Chelsea and Brighton wouldn't give him a game.  He was a bit unfortunate in that every time he moved, the coach who wanted him, moved on too.

Full marks to Steve Clark for sticking by him and making him a much better player.

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

He wasn't going to get in ahead of Brighton's first choice midfield but he'll be a force this season

Didn't he have some stalker problems last year? I remember reading something about a mental woman harrasing him and his friends 

Edit

Up in court yesterday! 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/devil-baby-influencer-who-stalked-30281269#amp-readmore-target

Edited by Dick Dastardly

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Turns out the guy that was with that lassy, and grabbed her t** on national telly, has a girlfriend and they’re expecting their first child…

Ooft :lol:

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

8 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

:worthless_thread:

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

I checked the forecast when we got to the Weej at about 5pm and there was zero rain forecast - just 2 hours later we get about 2 months worth of rain in about an hour!!

The Met Office should be shut down, folk can look at the sky if they want an idea of the weather. A blind man running for his life could see what was coming. 

I was driving south through Northwest England yesterday and it was a monsoon. I thought this has Hampden as a destination written all over it. 

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

There is a slightly longer clip of that where he totally smiles at the camera after he grabs her. 

19 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Poor kid . When he grows up he/she is going to see clips of his dad feltching another lassies tits 

Edited by GBJambo

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The Internet is wonderful and cruel at the same time.

Boy has been captured. 

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Gilmour is fantastic. I also think with Brighton moving on players in his role he will shine this year in the Premier League.

Same with Hickey. Thought he looks great and yet looks like he can go so much further. 

remember the experts who on here telling us he was nothing special 🤣

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The Internet is wonderful and cruel at the same time.

Boy has been captured. 

I pointed that out last night 😂

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

He was first choice by the end of the season. Started all but a couple of the last ten games.

De Zerbi rates him very highly now.

Couple of observations - I was in the West Stand where the opposite screen is largely blocked by the one above the West, but I couldn’t see any information on it re suspension / abandonment (there was a thing about the last train from Mt. Florida).

The Tannoy is p**h.  Couldn’t make out anything that was being said.

The conditions made the match a lottery but great result.

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Reminded me of the Estonia game in 96. They decided not to play (albeit there were some pretty weird decisions from uefa around it) and we were given a 3-0 win. 

1 minute ago, jamboj said:

Reminded me of the Estonia game in 96. They decided not to play (albeit there were some pretty weird decisions from uefa around it) and we were given a 3-0 win. 

Nope, it was replayed in Monaco. 0-0 draw.

Just now, DC_92 said:

Nope, it was replayed in Monaco. 0-0 draw.

Eventually, initially we were awarded the 3-0.

Who was it punched the air when the ref blew to finish about a second after he blew to kick off?

:vrface:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 hours ago, db211833 said:

Obviously I'm biased too but agree. Shanks was the better choice given we were holding it up at that point. 

I’ll grit my teeth here. Nisbet is more mobile so if you wanted your 9 to hassle and Harry for the last 10 I’d go Nisbett over Shanks. If you needed a goal it’s Shanks over Nisbett. We didn’t need a goal.

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Gilmour is fantastic. I also think with Brighton moving on players in his role he will shine this year in the Premier League.

Same with Hickey. Thought he looks great and yet looks like he can go so much further. 

In a year or so from now Hickey will be to our right hand side what Robertson is to our left hand side. That’s both mental, scary and potentially starts to lift us into an era of relative success we didn’t think possible.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Who was it punched the air when the ref blew to finish about a second after he blew to kick off?

That's right, I mind on Off the ball they said McCoist claimed a hat trick

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I think precedence says the head of their FA woukd make sure he is involves in the meeting, and get the game played in Monaco.

3 hours ago, FWJ said:

Collins iirc 

LochcarronJambo

Home at dawn after a quite surreal nite, one of most bizarre football matches ever been tae, well pleased with result , up now so gonna watch highlights 😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿….. only blot was Nisbet coming on instead of Shanks, didn’t quite get that but hey ho 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Quite surreal supporting Scotland and feeling like we're actually good. Weird feeling. I love the spirit and how together they all seem. You can see it in the way they are with each other - no egos at all - top players from Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd bonding totally with squad guys from clubs like QPR, Norwich and Watford. Huge credit to Clarke and the coaches for that. That's the kind of thing that put a wedge in the England dressing room for years. 

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Quite surreal supporting Scotland and feeling like we're actually good. Weird feeling. I love the spirit and how together they all seem. You can see it in the way they are with each other - no egos at all - top players from Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd bonding totally with squad guys from clubs like QPR, Norwich and Watford. Huge credit to Clarke and the coaches for that. That's the kind of thing that put a wedge in the England dressing room for years. 

Our top players are also the most passionate about playing for Scotland.  Want to be in every squad. A far cry from the days of Barry Ferguson.

1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

Our top players are also the most passionate about playing for Scotland.  Want to be in every squad. A far cry from the days of Barry Ferguson.

So true. And before that as well, when Johnston and McCoist were our strikers, and Graeme Souness used to pull them out of crucial qualifying ties with ‘injuries’ which magically cleared up in time for them to play for Rangers the following Saturday.

OmiyaHearts

According to met office, 6 days of rain fell during that 'shower' last night - 22mm of rain!

Amazing job from everyone who got that game back on.

12 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

So true. And before that as well, when Johnston and McCoist were our strikers, and Graeme Souness used to pull them out of crucial qualifying ties with ‘injuries’ which magically cleared up in time for them to play for Rangers the following Saturday.

I totally agree. We had the issue in the 70s and 80s but our players were of such a standard it didn't matter for the most part (less games too).

But come the 2000s we suddenly had a bunch of nobody's who thought because they sat on the bench for Rangers or Celtic or played for a team who happened to be in the English prem they were better than Scotland.

The attitude of this bunch is brilliant.

will-i-am-a-jambo
14 hours ago, FWJ said:

John Collins.

will-i-am-a-jambo
23 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Norway only have 12 points to play for and are 8 behind. They’d need some set of results to finish above us now. And we still have to play Cyprus twice. Jobs done 👍

We played Cyprus in the first game. We only play them once more away which is the next game. Win that and l think we can get the passports out!

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Daveandal said:

MF2qY14.thumb.png.36036dd89f041c42f2340cd3645b1d52.png

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

McTominay too, he came across as an excited laddie

Sweetie shop mate.  Fantastic to see. 

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

MF2qY14.thumb.png.36036dd89f041c42f2340cd3645b1d52.png

Everything that has been wrong with football in this country for years. Media still sooked their boabys. Scott Broon's 'retirement' too. Fortunately, this crop of players seem to have a lot more about them. 

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Everything that has been wrong with football in this country for years. Media still sooked their boabys. Scott Broon's 'retirement' too. Fortunately, this crop of players seem to have a lot more about them. 

Aye , hopefully a depressing era and attitude consigned to history . Huns man , they really do ruin every thing 

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Those players saw themselves as above everyone else so thought they were the ones who got to dictate things. Hence when players like Barry Ferguson and McGregor faced punishment they could not handle it. Kris Boyd quit international football as he thought he should always play despite limits in his game. The players now want to do better and more crucially want the team to do well so they pull together.

One bonus for Scotland (though I know some wont see this as bonus) is that it will help us get players who could play for other countries as well as Scotland to choose us. Especially as there is a lot of young players who can play for Scotland or England.