New season new leader?

200milesfromgorgie

Who should be captain this season?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who should be captain this season?

• Berra
    • Banks
    • Neilson
    • Kingston
    • Stewart
    • somebody else

200milesfromgorgie

Do you think Berra should still be captain (if he stays) or do you think we need somebody else?

Went for Neilson on the basis of experience, time at the club and position.

Drylaw Hearts

Berra.

But Csaba needs to sign another 2 or 3 guys who are Captain material.

The more leaders on the park the better.

Commander Harris

I don't rate Neilson as a player but sadly he's probably the most appropriate choice for captain there. so that'll be somebody else then.

I opted for someone else.

Berra should just concentrate on his game at the moment, imho.

I agree with Drylaw Hearts comment re sigining players of captain quality.

I opted for someone else.

Berra should just concentrate on his game at the moment, imho.

I agree with Drylaw Hearts comment re sigining players of captain quality.

Totally agree, I went for Robbie as he was the best option there. We need to sign a few guys who are leaders in waiting ...... **cough cough** Russell Anderson

Jambof3tornado

I went for Banksy Banksy swing on da bar!!! Although I dont think it would be appropriate to de-throne the young french lad Berra,when he appears to be committed to us,it may knock his confidence.

for the record i voted kingston(crazy i know),

but where as it has stunted berra progress i feel it would give someone like kingston the motivation to really turn it on for the jt's

I voted Stewart but what I really meant is that we need someone like Stewart, but who we can rely on to play decent football every week and not get us in trouble with the ref...or with the fans....or anyone at all really.... :)

Berra had a tough job, he's done his best. No shame in handing over the reins to someone else. But really, it's probably going to have be someone entirely new....

rumbles1874
for the record i voted kingston(crazy i know),

but where as it has stunted berra progress i feel it would give someone like kingston the motivation to really turn it on for the jt's

i agree that kingston would prob pull his finger out if he was handed it but i went some one else, i fell berra has to get back to being the player we all know he can be, i would be a shame if it knocked him if we took it off him but he is just to young for it just now, i also feel it would not be fair to bring in some one and hand them the captains arm band.

Karipidis is a clear leader imo.

You think?

That's interesting. I've never really noticed him being particularly vocal on the pitch or anything like that but he does seem quite unflappable. Which is handy for a defender, obviously....

You think?

That's interesting. I've never really noticed him being particularly vocal on the pitch or anything like that but he does seem quite unflappable. Which is handy for a defender, obviously....

It was something that stuck out in particular when Thomson came in at right back last season. Karipidis always seemed to be talking him along and helping similar to how Pressley used to coach Neilson along.

Seymour M Hersh
You think?

He was captain of the Greek team he joined us from. I voted someone else however.

rossthejambo

if banks is going to be csaba's no. 1 then i think it should be him. he is a leader and has IMO the most respect in the team.

i wouldnt complain about neilson or berra getting the armband though.

stewart and kingston are no-goes for me.

tartofmidlothian

Banks has the leadership qualities, but he'd just be a temporary measure. Stewart, Berra and Neilson have the attachment to the club, but they all need to get their own game right first. I've voted Someone Else, in the hope that we sign a Cameron/Pressley style leader with the necessary experience, plenty of dig and ability, and the club at heart. But where to find such a being?

Riccarton 3

I voted someone else and agree with others that we should sign someone who has much stronger leadership qualities. Im not a big fan of goalies being captain either.

I would say that none of the current squad are particularly good in terms of possessing the qualities of a good captain.

I would also agree that Karapidis is about as close as we've got to anything remotely resembling someone close to filling the void. A captain needs to have a certain "presence" about him - and he's the only player in the current squad who i think has that presence.

Definately a gaping whole that needs filled though.

joe.gausden

Went for Neilson because of his experience, time at club and he is not scared to open his mouth.

I would say that none of the current squad are particularly good in terms of possessing the qualities of a good captain.

I would also agree that Karapidis is about as close as we've got to anything remotely resembling someone close to filling the void. A captain needs to have a certain "presence" about him - and he's the only player in the current squad who i think has that presence.

Definately a gaping whole that needs filled though.

Karipidis is scared of getting hurt when he plays. He is reasonably good on the ball but hates heading the ball and tackling as he might get hurt.

Never a captain. Well not a proper captain anyway. I hope we will sign a dominating centre half to play beside Berra.

Drylaw Hearts
I thought he was why don't you think he was?

I'm not sure.

But I've since checked and Theo Zagorakis appears to have been PAOK's captain in 2006.

christhejambo

Don't think we should upset the applecart unneccessarily. There's a new man in- perhaps we should wait until he has had time to fully assess the squad before changing major role in the team, which would have the potential to cause rifts in the squad

Drylaw Hearts
Neilson shouldn't even be in the team nevermind be captain. Total huddy.

Agreed.

Seymour M Hersh
I'm not sure.

But I've since checked and Theo Zagorakis appears to have been PAOK's captain in 2006.

Fair enough just had it in my head that t the time we were getting him (slightly protracted again iirc) he was captain but maybe not. Tried to check myself but no joy on wikipedia.

Berra has been through the worst of it so I think we should let him do the job when Hearts are doing better.

It would shatter him to be dropped after making it through last season.

I don't think he is old enough yet but I think he will surprise us all this season.

Archived