Ange for Spurs

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

When he first came on the scene I quite liked him. He was pretty honest even when it didn’t agree with the Celtic narrative.

Now I think he’s become a typical Celtic manager and his rallying against VAR and other nonsense he has spouted has put me right off him.

Now he is off to Spurs and I just can’t see him being of that level. Leicester went down with a squad valued at £400 million and I can’t see his tactics of signing a few Japanese players being enough for Tottenham in the Premier League.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• jamboj

• Naisys Tackle

• BlueRiver

Good. I'll be glad to see the back of him. I don't dislike him, but his team is too dominant. It makes the league look shite. 

Spurs is a mental move though, the Hibs of the EPL. If Mourinho couldn't turn them round, he's got no chance. 

Just now, OTT said:

Good. I'll be glad to see the back of him. I don't dislike him, but his team is too dominant. It makes the league look shite. 

Spurs is a mental move though, the Hibs of the EPL. If Mourinho couldn't turn them round, he's got no chance. 

It’s a squad that needs handled properly. Poch could do it, Mourinho couldn’t as his is too big an ego to handle players properly and needs them to worship him. I’m conflicted about it as I’d like Spurs to get a manager who isn’t an optimistic project. 

Overall I think its an okay appointment.

It does show a bit the state Spurs are in. He's about their 4th choice at best. 

Unknown user

I thought he was a wonker from day 1, but I actually think he'll do a decent job at spurs if appointed (their fans are going tonto at the prospect apparently)

Just now, Smithee said:

I thought he was a wonker from day 1, but I actually think he'll do a decent job at spurs if appointed (their fans are going tonto at the prospect apparently)

The fans are split over it, some totally against it and some accepting it due to the Levy factor. 

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Swan back home with a big bag of loot though when it does go pear shaped. 

I think he's a genius. It isn't like me to actually like any manager from the OF but I honestly do like the guy for his ability as a manager.

Came in and you could see he had certain views that might not go down well with the support. Quickly locked them away and pandered to the support. Got them on side.

Knows exactly how to work the transfer market. Built a squad that works exactly to the system he wants to play. 

You can see he commands the respect of every single player at the club. They play for him and they play for the fans. 

He's exactly the sort of manager I'd like to see with us.

And after all that I think he'll bomb at spurs because they're a basket case and I think any manager going in there is doomed unless they are given license to punt the entire squad and rebuild.

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think he's a genius. It isn't like me to actually like any manager from the OF but I honestly do like the guy for his ability as a manager.

Came in and you could see he had certain views that might not go down well with the support. Quickly locked them away and pandered to the support. Got them on side.

Knows exactly how to work the transfer market. Built a squad that works exactly to the system he wants to play. 

You can see he commands the respect of every single player at the club. They play for him and they play for the fans. 

He's exactly the sort of manager I'd like to see with us.

And after all that I think he'll bomb at spurs because they're a basket case and I think any manager going in there is doomed unless they are given license to punt the entire squad and rebuild.

Bring in a couple of decent defenders and a creative midfielder to play next to Bentancur and you’ve got a very good team there. Yet somehow Levy has given Eric Dier a new contract 🙄

He better have them flairing and swashbuckling from day 1.

Those Tottenham fans, like the Hibby, demand, cherish and hold on tight to their 50-60 year old fantasies of footballing purity.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Hopefully.  Good manager even though hes a tosser.

Exactly where I am

56 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

When he first came on the scene I quite liked him. He was pretty honest even when it didn’t agree with the Celtic narrative.

Now I think he’s become a typical Celtic manager and his rallying against VAR and other nonsense he has spouted has put me right off him.

Now he is off to Spurs and I just can’t see him being of that level. Leicester went down with a squad valued at £400 million and I can’t see his tactics of signing a few Japanese players being enough for Tottenham in the Premier League.

I was the same but he’s totally bought into the paranoia. Used to ignore var but speaks out all the time. Took Michael beales lucky comment out of context and never stops banging on about it

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Lets hope so, and they can get that mug Moyes once he’s sacked next weekend.

He's staying at West Ham. Another couple of years then Scotland job.

henrysmithsgloves

Spends £40+ million, allegedly, just to win our Mickey mouse league and cups and they hail him as the greatest 🤣🤣

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just brilliant all the Celtic fans saying they are the bigger club. 

I'd say they are, I've never once seen a Spurs bar abroad

Edited by Smithee

cosanostra
55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They probably are. Just not wealthier.

Hopefully he leaves, This weakens Celtic and they genuinely might struggle to find a decent replacement, thus in turn potentially increasing our chances of getting a long overdue win against them next season. Preferably he leaves before the Cup final.

BangkokHearts

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I've even seen tramps wearing Celtic tops in Asia (no joke).

4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He'll do well at Spurs. Lots of experience and he won't take any crap from Levi etc. 

He was a decent coach long before he went Celltic.

Can't wait for Moysie to join the alpha arse cheek of the West.....!

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably are....!

Horatio Caine

If he is departing that could explain the chat about Kennedy coming to us. Next Celtic manager will defo want his own staff.

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Spends £40+ million, allegedly, just to win our Mickey mouse league and cups and they hail him as the greatest 🤣🤣

Yip. That's where I am at. 

If his record in Europe is anything to go by I doubt he will be all that great without battering other teams with his wage bill. 

Allowayjambo1874
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'd say they are, I've never once seen a Spurs bar abroad

There’s one in Valletta, I actually double took when I walked past it as it’s so unusual. As for Celtic bars you are right, they are everywhere 🤮

Just seen his interview from yesterday 

He’s away after the cup final for sure 

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I’d say they are. Hate them with a passion but can’t deny the two OF clubs are bigger than most clubs down there. The PL is the bigger name/brand but Spurs themselves are a nothing club pretending to be a big team, with a trophy haul that rivals the embarrassing numbers by most of the league up here.

Doesn’t mean they’re a worse side, or that they don’t have more power due to the finances & playing in a better league, but bigger? No chance

4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Hopefully he leaves, This weakens Celtic and they genuinely might struggle to find a decent replacement, thus in turn potentially increasing our chances of getting a long overdue win against them next season. Preferably he leaves before the Cup final.

If he goes I think a new manager might struggle to get the same consistency with a squad that is bloated by far too many players from the far east, Ange knew how to get a tune of these players having worked in that part of the world for many years, a new coach will more than likely have a different style of coaching and playing style that hopefully doesn’t suit these style of players.

indianajones

I really hope he goes. 

As others have said he was pretty unoffensive and honest on arrival but quickly turned into a Celtic minded scumbag. Arrogant arsehole. 

7 hours ago, OTT said:

He'll go, someone else will come in, Celtic will still be dominant. League will still look shite.

Has it been confirmed?  I thought it was just a plot by the ICT media to unsettle their opponents prior to a big game.

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Zero chance of that. Probably announced early next week though, feel like it's practically a done deal. 

Bungalow Bill

Spurs have an impressive stadium, but they’re still Spurs. I can’t see them being in the top 4 again regardless of who is the manager. Ange will be there one year tops. 

BangkokHearts

He would have been on decent money at Celtic, but he'll get more at Spurs and have the chance to play against the big boys. 

He's achieved everything he's ever going to in Scotland, and he knows fine well that another abysmal failure in the CL awaits.

Leaving when his stock is high and to Spurs, a difficult job at a club with problems. If he doesn't have success there it won't really affect his career longer term, as long as he doesn't mess up too badly. 

Very clever move on his part. 

StirlingJambo

Kane will be off then. He likes to come deep and get involved in the play where Ange gets his strikers to stand 5 yard offside, gets played out to high wide players  resulting in a cut back and tap for the striker.

Dick Dastardly
45 minutes ago, Haken said:

Has it been confirmed?  I thought it was just a plot by the ICT media to unsettle their opponents prior to a big game.

👏 👏 👏 👏 

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Spurs have an impressive stadium, but they’re still Spurs. I can’t see them being in the top 4 again regardless of who is the manager. Ange will be there one year tops. 

I really dislike their stadium, it represents everything that's wrong with elite level football.

A micro brewery ffs!

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I really dislike their stadium, it represents everything that's wrong with elite level football.

A micro brewery ffs!

Their stadium looks magnificent. 

Apart from the absurd and obscene finances, what else is wrong with "elite level football"

One thing that is right is great facilities and stadia for supporters to watch football.

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic are comfortably bigger than spurs, just not as much money.

Always came across as a fud in my opinion . Dont think that it’s solely down to who his employers are , but I accept it is a possibility 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, H2 said:

Their stadium looks magnificent. 

Apart from the absurd and obscene finances, what else is wrong with "elite level football"

One thing that is right is great facilities and stadia for supporters to watch football.

That's exactly what's wrong with elite level football, and the stadium represents it 🤷‍♂️ 

Elite level football's moved a long way from punters supporting their local team, how many low income supporters get along to a game with the cheapest Cat B ticket in the ground priced at £43?

The Real Maroonblood

I must be one of the lucky ones as I’ve never listened to any of his interviews.

Skivingatwork

Spent £47m to win a 2 horse race and hailed as some sort of genius.

Failed miserably in Europe when on a level playing field in terms of spend and refereeing.

Will be found out in England, Spurs expectation is top 4 and he be well outside that as Liverpool and Chelsea will be stronger next year, plus the current top 4 will continue to strengthen.

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unfortunately, they are. 

If you go anywhere and someone asks where you're from, if they know anything about football they'll ask you "Hurr hurr Celtic or Rangers?" 

I doubt anyone is asking "Tottenham or Arsenal" for English people.

If he goes, can he take Kyogo with him? I'm sick of his cheat code of being offside for 99% of the match, and cutting back on just before the ball is played to him to score.