Todays game & 4th place

Ian Black 8

Ian Black 8

I’ll try keep this short and sweet 👍

77 mins with 10 men and coming out with a draw is a great result in my eyes, 1 point was all that was needed for 4th.. the sending off definitely changed the game. So credit to the lads for digging in. Hibs for me had a couple chances some good saves but apart from that the long ball tactics were shocking having the man advantage. The fans who got involved with the Hibs players pure daft behaviour there’s cameras all over the place wouldn’t surprise me if there was a ban for them

4th place bitter sweet for me should of been 3rd totally unacceptable dropping all those points and letting Aberdeen overtake us then Hibs getting so close with the gap we had over them. It happens in football at times I’ve been there myself disputes and divides can ruin the morale etc in the dressing room but the lads got the job done that was needed today. Big summer ahead on and off the pitch I can see a few ins and outs happening but will be like new signings seeing Gordon hopefully, Halkett, Beni and Boyce all back again 🇱🇻👌

Incident with the Hibs player was the Hearts fan refusing to give the ball back and holding onto it? Hibs player leans over barrier and starts trying to yank it off him. Didn’t see much else from my seat but a load of nonsense to waste time that Hibs tried to escalate. Their statement shows how petty they are. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

77 mins with 10 men and coming out with a draw is a great result in my eyes, 1 point was all that was needed for 4th.. the sending off definitely changed the game. So credit to the lads for digging in. Hibs for me had a couple chances some good saves but apart from that the long ball tactics were shocking having the man advantage. The fans who got involved with the Hibs players pure daft behaviour there’s cameras all over the place wouldn’t surprise me if there was a ban for them

4th place bitter sweet for me should of been 3rd totally unacceptable dropping all those points and letting Aberdeen overtake us then Hibs getting so close with the gap we had over them. It happens in football at times I’ve been there myself disputes and divides can ruin the morale etc in the dressing room but the lads got the job done that was needed today. Big summer ahead on and off the pitch I can see a few ins and outs happening but will be like new signings seeing Gordon hopefully, Halkett, Beni and Boyce all back again 🇱🇻👌

Shame you weren't 15 years younger. Could do with player like you in midfield. Good to see your posting style calmer than your playing one!

Ian Black 8
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shame you weren't 15 years younger. Could do with player like you in midfield. Good to see your posting style calmer than you’re playing one!

Don’t jinx it yet mate there’s still time 😂 If it was a loss today that we had I’d probably get banned off here 👍 The result and finishing above Hibs have chilled me out 

Ian Black 8
2 hours ago, kila said:

Incident with the Hibs player was the Hearts fan refusing to give the ball back and holding onto it? Hibs player leans over barrier and starts trying to yank it off him. Didn’t see much else from my seat but a load of nonsense to waste time that Hibs tried to escalate. Their statement shows how petty they are. 

Few photos look like there was hands on the Hibs players. If that’s the case it’s a ban most likely pal. The point is when cameras are all over the place your never getting away with that 

Its a real shame about the sending off, was looking like it would have been a really good end to the season with a derby win, but regardless job done! Huge fan of the team under Naisy, seem much more positive. Don't think the team needs masses of work over the summer either, which after the Levein years is a relief :D - Would like to see some experienced players that can come into the starting 11, especially at CB. 

Watching that 2nd half was ****ing stressful though, my god :D The incident with the Hibs player was a bit silly, hopefully the fans don't get banned or anything. Looked like they were just trying to hold onto the ball and obviously he's steamed in to yank the ball back and the fans have reacted. Not great to see, but if Čabraja doesn't get involved, then there is no incident. If he did that at Ibrox or Parkhead, would he still have escaped a booking? Bit cheeky of Hibs issuing a statement about it though, especially considering the Bobby incident a few years back (where he actually got punched!!) 

It was silly but Hubs statement is ridiculous for a club who have had so many problems with fans throwing stuff at players, not forgetting the Zlamal incident.

Great to see you posting on here Blackie

Ricardo Quaresma

Is it not absolutely true that players are not permitted to touch opposition fans, never mind their own fans, in any way whatsoever?

If so, only one case to answer

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Clarity

3 hours ago, lou said:

It was silly but Hubs statement is ridiculous for a club who have had so many problems with fans throwing stuff at players, not forgetting the Zlamal incident.

Great to see you posting on here Blackie

It’s pure deflection from Hibs. 

You'd think there was only one ball. But he is right, you can't put your hands on players.  Did some not take a swing at him.

Hearts1975
7 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Absolutely loved you as a player Ian but are you honestly saying that In your time playing, you would have hurtled the top half of your body over the barrier with Hibs fans at ER and try and grab the ball away from them ? In a fixture as volatile as that 

Two wrongs don't make a right but surely in a game like that you would pull back and get another ball from the ball boy .... The player has to take some responsibility, surely. That's just provoking an unwarranted outcome, utter madness on the players part, for me anyway 

The fact that club are making a song and dance around what happened, given the events at the end of the game, and also when they have the worst fans in Scotland that chuck stuff, every single time, at our players and when we go to ER says everything about them. 

Despicable 2 faced institution that point fingers at everyone else rather than front up and sort out their own shite 

Shankland has a pop at Elie Youan at the full time whistle, mimicking Youan's goal celebration ritual of pretending to sleep....... wonderful stuff.

FxKVmARWcAAVRSY.jpeg

Burford Jamtart

Firstly, great to have 2012 Cup winners posting, it’s really interesting having thoughts and views from those that have done it in the maroon shirt.

Holding on and ensuring the bragging rights remained was a great effort and as a fan that’s what we want from the players - that it means something.

Hopefully next season we can find a formation and style that suits the players.  Those coming back from injury will help, new additions brought in with thought and purpose and of course those not good enough or surplus to requirements moved on.

Middle of the park is my biggest concern.  Kio, Haring, Devlin, Grant, Halliday - just isn’t good enough for me.  

Finlay James
10 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Thanks Ian.

I agree with your point on 4th being bittersweet.  We completely messed up 3rd place and to only finish 2 points above Hibs is embarrassing.  That said, the club reacted to the situation and started to address the divide in the dressing room.  

I think there will be some surprising outgoings this summer.  Incomings will be interesting and depending on what we are doing with the manager, we may already have deals in place to get going and ensure we compete in Europe.

11 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

https://youtu.be/6v1gcbEQbOU

Ian Black 8
3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Absolutely loved you as a player Ian but are you honestly saying that In your time playing, you would have hurtled the top half of your body over the barrier with Hibs fans at ER and try and grab the ball away from them ? In a fixture as volatile as that 

Two wrongs don't make a right but surely in a game like that you would pull back and get another ball from the ball boy .... The player has to take some responsibility, surely. That's just provoking an unwarranted outcome, utter madness on the players part, for me anyway 

The fact that club are making a song and dance around what happened, given the events at the end of the game, and also when they have the worst fans in Scotland that chuck stuff, every single time, at our players and when we go to ER says everything about them. 

Despicable 2 faced institution that point fingers at everyone else rather than front up and sort out their own shite 

Agree 100% everything you have said there pal 👌My main point was your have dozens of cameras on you any altercation your no getting away with it. You are right.. no danger would I have leaned over any barrier at Easter Road for a ball in a derby game but my point is your giving them the ammo to make these statements after their fan was punished for the attack in Zlamal at Tynie a few years back. 
Players do need to take responsibility aswell that’s just my opinion though that’s what the ball boys are their for but again it’ll be said Hibs were in a rush chasing the game etc 🤷‍♂️ canny win 

2 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Agree 100% everything you have said there pal 👌My main point was your have dozens of cameras on you any altercation your no getting away with it. You are right.. no danger would I have leaned over any barrier at Easter Road for a ball in a derby game but my point is your giving them the ammo to make these statements after their fan was punished for the attack in Zlamal at Tynie a few years back. 
Players do need to take responsibility aswell that’s just my opinion though that’s what the ball boys are their for but again it’ll be said Hibs were in a rush chasing the game etc 🤷‍♂️ canny win 

A word of advice. This place is mental, don't let yourself become mental. 🤪

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, kila said:

Ball goes into crowd and crowd keeps ball.....never an issue. Player decides to grapple for ball and fans react. Only person at fault is the hibee player.

Remember Robertson booked Jimmy Hill for going to his own support to celebrate Odas goal but took no action against the hibs player.

Always great to hear from an ex player and cup legend.

If only we had a 2012 Ian Black this season. 

Harry Potter

Drawing with 10 men for over an hour is good work, well done lads, considering our end to the season form, 4th place was a reasonable finish.

Hearts1975
35 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

For sure. Was a separate point I was making anyway. You were right with your original point. There will be bans for the fans that were involved and they will be bang to rights. 

I just get really annoyed at times when we will obviously act on something like this but then that mob come out with a statement demanding action, but at the same time let their own lot away, Scot free.

That east stand at ER is the worst I have seen in Scotland, yet they turn a blind eye to it all, every single time. 

Quite happy to demand bans for our support but at the same time happy to keep their own animals in the zoo. 👍

12 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Well said!

When comparing to other recent seasons (relegation, demotion, 6th place finishes), this season wasn't a disaster. But because of the success of last season, the investment in the squad, the lead we had in 3rd, the prize at stake, it definitely has the feel of frustration, disappointment, and a missed opportunity.

Agree, any team in the league outside the OF would love to sign Gordon, Halkett, Beni, Boyce, fingers crossed they all come back fit and are able to contribute like they did before injury!

ScandinavianJambo

Good to hear your thoughts on the game Ian (and we needed a player like you in the midfield yesterday!) and yes it definitely felt like a win, even though I hated watching the second half lol. Loosing third is a soar one, and not really acceptable considering where we were, but all we can do now, I suppose, is to look forward and re-build. The heat of the moment between Hibs and the Hearts supporter, will be dealt with from Hearts I am sure (as it should be). However, it can't  deter from what happend in front of the dugout and that is where it feels like a deflection from Hibs side. I hope Hearts do come out with a statement that highlights this.

When our injured players do come back, our midfield and backline will be a completely different beast, it is quite an exciting though really!

I was reflecting on the game and aftermath this morning. At the start of the season we’d all be raging with a draw at home to that mob to secure 4th. 

After the grit and determination shown, not to mention getting stuck right in about them and a fair bit of bamming up, it was actually a decent way to finish a disappointing season !

Onwards and upwards, FTH !