Hearts LIve -Cancelled

GBJambo

Hearts have had to cancel the live event due to players not able to attend . 

Money will be refunded 

LarrysRightFoot

I’d held off from buying a ticket but was planning on going - quite disappointed it’s cancelled. Would’ve preferred a more central location but that’s a different argument. 

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why can't 1st team players attend ?

Is there potentially a Conference league qualifier around that date? 

Edited by neilnunb

20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why can't 1st team players attend ?

The cancellation email just says 'Unfortunately, there has been an alternation to the first-team’s pre-season training schedule which means that the players can no longer attend the event.'

been here before

Pre covid a free event held for the Jnr Jambos in the Gorgie Suite.

This year 60+ sheets for family of 4 held out at Ingliston and looking utter shite.

Surprising its been cancelled...

Edited by been here before

PapaShango

I couldn't go with being on holiday but it did look quite an expensive day out although kids would have loved it. 

RustyRightPeg

I think they’re airing on the side of caution that we don’t get 3rd. We’ll need to be back in earlier with potential European qualifiers. 

1 minute ago, Black Swan said:

Was it to be run by Hearts or a third party?

Third party - LMG Live

Always seemed a bit bizarre that we arranged this on a Saturday, when Europe was far from a foregone conclusion, meaning we could have had a League Cup group game that day.

Although, if we do in fact get to Europe, I've been told by someone very much involved at Hearts, that there were plans to play Wolfsburg in a friendly over there. Maybe Wolfsburg can only do the 19th July or thereabouts? Time will tell.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I think they’re airing on the side of caution that we don’t get 3rd. We’ll need to be back in earlier with potential European qualifiers. 

Our qualifiers won't take place until after the league starts (assuming Inverness don't win the cup and Hibs don't overtake us) but this was arranged for two weeks before our first league game so I think it's quite likely we've taken up an offer of a preseason game on the same date. 

Edited by Jamboross

RustyRightPeg
17 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Our qualifiers won't take place until after the league starts (assuming Inverness don't win the cup and Hibs don't overtake us) but this was arranged for two weeks before our first league game so I think it's quite likely we've taken up an offer of a preseason game on the same date. 

Motherwell played European qualifiers before the league started last season. They sacked Alexander before the first league game. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Motherwell played European qualifiers before the league started last season. They sacked Alexander before the first league game. 

Aye they entered at the 2nd Qualifying Round by finishing 5th though. Unless Hibs overtake us or Inverness win the cup, both of which are pretty unlikely, we'll either be 3rd Qualifying Round (10th & 17th August) or EL Playoff Round (24th & 31st August). If we did somehow end up in the 2nd QL that would be 27th July and 3rd August so still only a week before the league kicks off on 5th August. 

17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Our earliest possible European involvement would be July 27. Don’t know when the league starts. Either that following weekend or the weekend before, bearing in mind it’s a Euro year in 2024 which generally means the leagues and cups are all wrapped up early doors.

Edit - League appears to start 5th august

Edited by JimmyCant

14 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Aye they entered at the 2nd Qualifying Round by finishing 5th though. Unless Hibs overtake us or Inverness win the cup, both of which are pretty unlikely, we'll either be 3rd Qualifying Round (10th & 17th August) or EL Playoff Round (24th & 31st August). If we did somehow end up in the 2nd QL that would be 27th July and 3rd August so still only a week before the league kicks off on 5th August. 

beat me to it and all correct as above 👍

Armageddon

Not sure why we couldn't have held this in the stadium and Community pitch - used the food kiosks, drawn people to spend some time in the stadium.  Anyway, pumped out.

Pasquale for King

It did seem like a strange day to have this, the Sunday may have been better and at the stadium to save on costs. 

10 hours ago, Locky said:

Although, if we do in fact get to Europe, I've been told by someone very much involved at Hearts, that there were plans to play Wolfsburg in a friendly over there. Maybe Wolfsburg can only do the 19th July or thereabouts? Time will tell.

I was at the last Wolfsburg friendly. A midweek 0-0 draw in front of about 5000 fans, including 3 Wolfsburg fans - and I'm not even joking :lol:

A tragic penalty miss was about the only highlight, although I did think their player Evseev looked quality.  Unfortunately, his career stats don't seem to agree with my assessment, as he went on to spend time at Holsten Kiel, Hansa Rostock, and SV Meppen :lol:

Edited by tian447

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

I was at the last Wolfsburg friendly. A midweek 0-0 draw in front of about 5000 fans, including 3 Wolfsburg fans - and I'm not even joking :lol:

A tragic penalty miss was about the only highlight, although I did think their player Evseev looked quality.  Unfortunately, his career stats don't seem to agree with my assessment, as he went on to spend time at Holsten Kiel, Hansa Rostock, and SV Meppen :lol:

Remember it well. :lol: I was sat in lower N, just below their fans. Although IIRC they were doing the 5-1 with us. :lol: 

I remember Evseev looking good too. We winger I'm sure. I thought big Bas Dost looked like a donkey, which is amusing because I'm sure he was linked with Newcastle a year or 2 ago. I didn't realise it was Daniel Caligiuri who missed the penalty for them. He went on to be a pretty decent player for Schalke, as was Naldo who was on the bench for Wolfsburg that night.

So the story is, if we get to Europe again, the club want to branch out and play foreign teams in pre-season to help us prepare, and as a gesture of goodwill for that match, we're keen to try and play them over there in the summer. The person who told me said he'd slipped up and maybe shouldn't have said it so I won't name him. :lol: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It was a good idea and thinking outside the box. The venue was more than likely chosen to attract potential supporters as well as current supporters, and had "big" team written all over it.

Unfortunately it has backfired, and it did seem a bit expensive, given the current climate

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Remember it well. :lol: I was sat in lower N, just below their fans. Although IIRC they were doing the 5-1 with us. :lol: 

I remember Evseev looking good too. We winger I'm sure. I thought big Bas Dost looked like a donkey, which is amusing because I'm sure he was linked with Newcastle a year or 2 ago. I didn't realise it was Daniel Caligiuri who missed the penalty for them. He went on to be a pretty decent player for Schalke, as was Naldo who was on the bench for Wolfsburg that night.

We must have been right next to each other, but everyone was because the Wheatfield was closed that night.  I remember their fans being well up for it, even though it was rubbish. Pretty sure they came down from the upper bit for the second half because it was a bit pointless being on their own :lol:

That's the one for Evseev, he seemed pretty quick and good on the ball, but doesn't seem like it ever worked out for him. Probably easy to look good in a kickabout friendly though. 

7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

We must have been right next to each other, but everyone was because the Wheatfield was closed that night.  I remember their fans being well up for it, even though it was rubbish. Pretty sure they came down from the upper bit for the second half because it was a bit pointless being on their own :lol:

That's the one for Evseev, he seemed pretty quick and good on the ball, but doesn't seem like it ever worked out for him. Probably easy to look good in a kickabout friendly though. 

Looking at his Wikipedia, he's been at clubs at a not bad level but barely played a game his whole career. One of those players I remember thinking 'he could go far'. Shows what we know!

Had this been cancelled due to low ticket sales or cos we were likely preparing for conference league qualifiers