milk cup squad v raith rovers tonight

swiftboy

I believe the milk cup squad are playing raith rovers tonight at riccarton at 7.00pm in preparation for ireland

I believe the milk cup squad are playing raith rovers tonight at riccarton at 7.00pm in preparation for ireland

Will we see the cream of the youngsters there?

Hopefully they'll give Raith a shake.

grumpyjambo

Im cheesed off that I can't go to the game. I am now in a sour mood.

Hope the wingers skim the full backs and whip in some good crosses to the buttery fingered goallie....

flogelisgod

hopefully the game will be so good that it goes pasteurise quickly...

(know its not the best but i think we can do somrhting here...):)

jamboinglasgow

was looking at the draw for the Foyle cup in which our U12's and U14's are playing and among the many irish teams in the U14 section there were one or two non-irish teams. Hearts obviously, Sheffield United and most surprisingly Csaba's old team Ferencvaros:eek:

grumpyjambo
hopefully the game will be so good that it goes pasteurise quickly...

(know its not the best but i think we can do somrhting here...):)

You are just milking this thread now!!!!!!!

grumpyjambo
Did anyone pop along? (was there a game, nothing on official website)

Game was postponed due to Hearts not being able to play the cream of their players.

CornhillHearts

David Cowan now put in charge of under 17s (not impressed) we can fairly churn them out, although he does look like the cat that got the cream.

We_are_the_Hearts
David Cowan now put in charge of under 17s (not impressed) we can fairly churn them out, although he does look like the cat that got the cream.

And this is why the Academy system will fail.

Why not ex-players? Ex-Jambos? Rangers have had the likes of Brown and Durrant in this role. Celtic had Willie McStay and Tommy Burns. We get David Cown and John Murray.

Charlie-Brown

Why not ex-players? Ex-Jambos? Rangers have had the likes of Brown and Durrant in this role. Celtic had Willie McStay and Tommy Burns. We get David Cown and John Murray.

What ex-Jambo's are qualified and motivated enough to want to coach Hearts young players? Previously Frail coached the U19's and I believe Stevie Fulton & Darren Jackson now coach some of the younger age groups - but who else would or should get involved?

Seymour M Hersh

He's not with the squad or you're not with him? If the latter why?

We_are_the_Hearts
What ex-Jambo's are qualified and motivated enough to want to coach Hearts young players? Previously Frail coached the U19's and I believe Stevie Fulton & Darren Jackson now coach some of the younger age groups - but who else would or should get involved?

Are Hearts beyond approaching them? Make them an offer? Joe Bloggs can become qualified.......that is the problem with the game in this country.

What is David Cowans CV?

Seymour M Hersh

Appointing ex-players is no guarantee of success. Why would you think it would?

We_are_the_Hearts
Appointing ex-players is no guarantee of success. Why would you think it would?

There is no such thing as guarantee of success.

15 and 16 year olds need good coaching and direction. I don't think they are getting it at Hearts. Ex-players know what it takes as they have been there before.

It's like a virgin trying to teach the Kama Sutra ;)

Charlie-Brown
Are Hearts beyond approaching them? Make them an offer? Joe Bloggs can become qualified.......that is the problem with the game in this country.

What is David Cowans CV?

I've no idea who David Cowans is but you don't get to coach professional players or elite youth players without the proper badges and I assume Cowan's has been interested and motivated enough to get involved in youth coaching as have Futon, Jackson & previously Frail.

Iam surprised Gary Mackay has not got more actively involved though - but what other ex-players are coaching at this level at other clubs? Tommy Wilson ex-SFA and now at Rangers, Brian Hamilton is also involved in youth coaching but who else?

The ex-players need to have the motivation and interest to WANT to do it.

We_are_the_Hearts
I've no idea who David Cowans is but you don't get to coach professional players or elite youth players without the proper badges and I assume Cowan's has been interested and motivated enough to get involved in youth coaching as have Futon, Jackson & previously Frail.

Iam surprised Gary Mackay has not got more actively involved though - but what other ex-players are coaching at this level at other clubs? Tommy Wilson ex-SFA and now at Rangers, Brian Hamilton is also involved in youth coaching but who else?

The ex-players need to have the motivation and interest to WANT to do it.

Hearts could make it worth their while.

In my opinion you can have all the badges in the World but actual experience is worth a lot more. Same in most walks of life.

Seymour M Hersh
There is no such thing as guarantee of success.

15 and 16 year olds need good coaching and direction. I don't think they are getting it at Hearts. Ex-players know what it takes as they have been there before.

It's like a virgin trying to teach the Kama Sutra ;)

You can't say that as they could be a good study!!;)

I still disagree however as ex-players may know or think they know but that does not mean they can get the message across clearly and well.

The Laughing Goalie

Iam surprised Gary Mackay has not got more actively involved though -

Gary McKay was coaching some of the younger teams I believe, however, I'd be wary of this as he has his players agency to run. I think there would be a conflict of interests there with him coaching youngsters for Hearts and also acting as their agents should they go to him.

We_are_the_Hearts
You can't say that as they could be a good study!!;)

I still disagree however as ex-players may know or think they know but that does not mean they can get the message across clearly and well.

Just need to agree to disagree here. I suppose in an ideal world we would have an ex-player who has shown good coaching. I just think youngsters would aspire when coached by an ex player rather than someone who seen coaching as a hobby/job and had time and money to sit their badges.

The Laughing Goalie

Jose Mourinho never played at any decent level and Sir Alex Ferguson was not a George Best or Pele.

Seymour M Hersh
Just need to agree to disagree here. I suppose in an ideal world we would have an ex-player who has shown good coaching. I just think youngsters would aspire when coached by an ex player rather than someone who seen coaching as a hobby/job and had time and money to sit their badges.

One last attempt.

Do great players always make great managers because they know what's required? I think we know the answer to that is only very rarely. i just think the same applies at youth level as well.

We_are_the_Hearts
Jose Mourinho never played at any decent level and Sir Alex Ferguson was not a George Best or Pele.

And your point is? He still played for years and would have experience of positive and negative experiences during his career as well as breaking through.

The Laughing Goalie

If you compare Alex Fergusons playing career to any of the players that he manages now they are all better than him, he had a fairly unspectacular career. It is his managerial sense that has got Manchester United to where they are today, very little to do with his playing career. There are players who play for their Sunday League teams for years and would have had numerous managerial experiences etc, that doesn't make them a good manager.

Mourinho is a better example, he hardly even broke into a first team that often and did not have a protracted playing career. He has a superb managerial brain and great man management skills.

People who have paid out their own expenses to go through coaching badges would appear on the face of it, to be more committed than those who get their training paid for by a club. These people are taking their own time out and paying from their own money.

jamboinglasgow

I think having one or two ex-hearts people in the youth section helps but I would rather have the best coaches rather than coaches who have not great abilty but played for Hearts. These are important stages in these players development and I dont think most will have diffuculty bringing passion to the team they play for.

Guest Dipped Flake
Gary McKay was coaching some of the younger teams I believe, however, I'd be wary of this as he has his players agency to run. I think there would be a conflict of interests there with him coaching youngsters for Hearts and also acting as their agents should they go to him.

Gary is a coach at Tynecastle club (not allowed to call it Tynecastle Boys club anymore as there is a girls team).

Davie Cowan has been in charge of the 17's all year, I think at most clubs the best coaches should be placed with the younger age groups. Don't know anything about this guys background.

Does anybody know what the score was ?

The Laughing Goalie
Gary is a coach at Tynecastle club (not allowed to call it Tynecastle Boys club anymore as there is a girls team).

Can't they call the girls team Tynecastle Girls?:confused:

Only net David Cowan once, seems a genuine guy with a good reputation in coaching.Albeit a lower levels.i think he'll do well.(hope)

His wife also works at Tynecastle as Player Liason Officer or some title.

jamboinglasgow
Only net David Cowan once, seems a genuine guy with a good reputation in coaching.Albeit a lower levels.i think he'll do well.(hope)

His wife also works at Tynecastle as Player Liason Officer or some title.

Thank goodness Pinigols gone or he may misunderstand that title.

Can't they call the girls team Tynecastle Girls?:confused:

I'm sure it was when I played there!

:confused:

Davie Cowan has been in charge of the 17's all year, I think at most clubs the best coaches should be placed with the younger age groups. Don't know anything about this guys background.

Does anybody know what the score was ?

3-2 to Raith 19's the Raith team consisted of last year 19's players while the 17's played what should be their Milk cup team.

Scorers for Hearts I believe were D Thompson and Wood

Archived