Uganda threaten to report Hearts

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

From today's (Wednesday's) Record:

"Furious Uganda officials last night threatened to report Hearts to FIFA. The Africans are looking for ?100,000 as compensation for losing their manager. The Ugandans are angry over claims they will not receive any money as they breached their coach's contract by not paying him for the past two months."

I think the key phrase here is "breached their coach's contract by not paying him for the past two months."

EDIT: More at http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-to-stand-firm-over.4291390.jp

DigitalTwisted

If the Ugandan FA breached Shabba's contract then the contract becomes void, so they will get sod all and love it.

tartofmidlothian

Found this bit interesting:

"Such contractual obligations possibly explain why Fufa, even when overtly expressing a lack of faith in Csaba, did little to end what was mostly an unhappy affair in 2008."

But, y'know, who cares whether they loved him or didn't. What matters is how he does for us.

Found this bit interesting:

"Such contractual obligations possibly explain why Fufa, even when overtly expressing a lack of faith in Csaba, did little to end what was mostly an unhappy affair in 2008."

But, y'know, who cares whether they loved him or didn't. What matters is how he does for us.

Yeah, and then you read things which suggest he had a better relationship with Mulindwa than most such as this...

http://www.monitor.co.ug/artman/publish/MarkSsali/Life_after_Csaba_68266.shtml

and claims that they referred to him as the 'Miracle Man' here...

http://www.monitor.co.ug/artman/publish/sports/Search_for_Csaba_replacement_on_68220.shtml

...and you're no better off...god knows what we've got. One thing is clear though, they are sorry/bitter to see him go. I take that as a good sign. :laugh:

rumbles1874

i think he will do a great job for us and if they had no paid him for the last 2months, then as it was said its brech of his contract by fufa. i think that fifa would have to look in to the claims but only thing might be the fact that didn't he had talks before we got promsion to speak to him????

shaun.lawson
Yeah, and then you read things which suggest he had a better relationship with Mulindwa than most such as this...

http://www.monitor.co.ug/artman/publish/MarkSsali/Life_after_Csaba_68266.shtml

and claims that they referred to him as the 'Miracle Man' here...http://www.monitor.co.ug/artman/publish/sports/Search_for_Csaba_replacement_on_68220.shtml

...and you're no better off...god knows what we've got. One thing is clear though, they are sorry/bitter to see him go. I take that as a good sign. :laugh:

He certainly improved them. Not quite by the 76 places Wkipedia has attributed to him (hmm - wonder if he wrote that himself to help his CV? :)), but they went from bottom of their previous African Nations qualifying group to beating Nigeria and coming within a whisker of making it this time around. Of course, most managers seem to depart from jobs amid acrimony nowadays - but if they've not been paying him, they won't have a leg to stand on in terms of any compensation demands.

Reading the piece, apparently his two years with Uganda make him the longest serving European manager ever in African football! No wonder he has no problem coming to us, eh? :wacko:

i think he will do a great job for us and if they had no paid him for the last 2months, then as it was said its brech of his contract by fufa. i think that fifa would have to look in to the claims but only thing might be the fact that didn't he had talks before we got promsion to speak to him????

No, don't think Hearts spoke with him directly until after having asked FUFA for permission. There was some news thing about a conference call between FUFA/Mulindwa and Hearts...things were all okay then. Hearts did speak with his agent before that...I think...

Uganda are denying they breached contract, acccording to the Hun. I hope this is not the case.

Either way, as long as two parties disagree, FIFA will not do anything, I suspect, until, if they believe there is a case, they investigate it, and then delivwer an outcome. Say they rule in Uganda's favour, they would probably give a deraline to pay the money, if it is in our favour, then no issue.

Seem to be a lot of these wrangles on contracts at Hearts. But sometimes these things happen when managers/players move clubs.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm guessing that a Ugandan branch of a Hearts supporters club is not forthcoming just now then :D

Patrick Bateman

Price for compensation: ?173,000.

Price for Csaba to terminate his contract: ?60,000.

The Ugandan FA allowing such a moronic discrepancy: Priceless.

John Findlay

The Hearts have a manager again. Time to get our stories out to try and unsettle them. One pre season friendly played and the Weegia mafia are twitching.

John

grumpyjambo
The Hearts have a manager again. Time to get our stories out to try and unsettle them. One pre season friendly played and the Weegia mafia are twitching.

John

Best post on this thread. :thumb:

John

Yes I am sure they are quaking in their boots.

:rofl:

jamboinglasgow

John

did think that, they have got their story from papers in Uganda yet when they said he was tynecastle bound in these papers the scottish papers said nothing. THey rather have a story of this then hearts close in on new boss.

I'm guessing that a Ugandan branch of a Hearts supporters club is not forthcoming just now then :D

I would guess not.

It's what big teams do, they fall out with whole countries... :biggrin:

Woops.

Guess Shabba will be a bit bemused by the hacks questions after the Dunfy game tonight then. Why no questions about the game, why you want to know about compensation?

Rudolf's Mate

Thought this was intersting:

'Now Mulindwa can continue to consummate that relationship by negotiating a link with Hearts'.

Maybe, just maybe the really rank ones will bypass Kaunas and end up in Uganda ;)

Miller Jambo 60
If the Ugandan FA breached Shabba's contract then the contract becomes void, so they will get sod all and love it.

They can GTF world war 3 .

They want to feed their own.

A nation of poverty and rich MUPPETS:mad:

tartofmidlothian

You mean Third World, surely?

Although I'm not sure if it's the Hubs you're really describing. "A nation of poverty"? Sounds about right! ;)

Miller Jambo 60
You mean Third World, surely?

Although I'm not sure if it's the Hubs you're really describing. "A nation of poverty"? Sounds about right! ;)

Now thats the connection HIBS FESTER RD THIRD WORLD :)

True Bud

Dr. Bapswent

3361307.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=5C1929E78F851DD2491554E7CD61E59BA55A1E4F32AD3138

Seem to be a lot of these wrangles on contracts at Hearts. But sometimes these things happen when managers/players move clubs.

These wrangles happen all the time at numerous Clubs all over the world.

Most of it goes unreported however when it's Hearts...........:rolleyes:

Archived