Hacks, hints and tips

Ribble

Cmon kickback let’s have your best hacks, hints and general tips that most folk won’t know about?

I’ll start with, if you want to series link a tv programme on Sky to record all episodes, link the middle of the night re-run and not the first airing at prime time. Broadcasters are only allowed an average of x mins per hour for adverts and will overload prime time hours, record the middle of the night re-run and you’ll have far less adverts to fast forward through!

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Never put yer hand where ye wouldn't put yer cock.

I don’t get that 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I don’t get that 

If you've worked in or.around plant,rope ,finger traps ..it's just a mental note I made after having my hand trapped.

Close one.

But healthy reaction and the fact I had good glove protection .

Anyway my mate said it to me after I got out it.

The truth is I'd never have put my cock anywhere near the situation.

14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Last time I hold the hand of the auld boy who lives across the road from me when he needs help getting in his car. 

😄

Simple diet hack. After you have prepared any meal or ordered any dish at a restaurant immediately cut it in half and move one half to the edge of your plate.

Eat only one half with the satisfaction that you have in an instant cut out half the calories you would have eaten.

As you have halved your calorie intake you can then treat yourself by eating twice as much.

Portable Badger

When you are crashing at your pal’s spare single bedroom, that’s recently had a cheap nylon carpet fitted, and you pull a bursd to take back.......... keep your Dr Marten’s on for ‘greater traction’ !!

Edited by Portable Badger

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Gamble, gamble, gamble!!!!!! Beautiful game. 

Is that a tweet from some boy…ringing a bell now :lol: 

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

not sure but this is a good one 😂

The very one I was thinking about 😂

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Never gamble. Mugs game. 

Point proven 👍

5 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Rather than giving your partner your last Rolo meaning you get 1 less, simply turn the tube 180 degrees and eat the last one first.

10 hours ago, Irufushi said:

If you've exhausted all the other options, and just aren't feeling the same thrill anymore, try a new gambling experience and simply send yourself £50 in the post by Royal Mail. 

11 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Simple diet hack. After you have prepared any meal or ordered any dish at a restaurant immediately cut it in half and move one half to the edge of your plate.

Eat only one half with the satisfaction that you have in an instant cut out half the calories you would have eaten.

As you have halved your calorie intake you can then treat yourself by eating twice as much.

What a complete waste of food. 

A real one just to break things up. 
Pringle’s lids fit the top of Gü desert glass containers and make them into good little storage jars. 

On a PC - use Shift-Win-S to open the snip tool.  Lets you copy parts of the page very easily.  I use it all the time. 

Also - When you paste after using the above or ctrl-c .   Don't use Ctrl-V  use Win-V  (windows key) - This gives you access to a list of all the things that you have copied over the last little while.  Means you can copy 3 or 4 bits from one place at one time rather than going back and forward.   This is life changing stuff guys! 

Dick Dastardly

Get a dog. It saves you having to do any washing up. Just leave plates, pans etc on the floor and they'll lick them clean. 

13 hours ago, Ribble said:

Cmon kickback let’s have your best hacks, hints and general tips that most folk won’t know about?

I’ll start with, if you want to series link a tv programme on Sky to record all episodes, link the middle of the night re-run and not the first airing at prime time. Broadcasters are only allowed an average of x mins per hour for adverts and will overload prime time hours, record the middle of the night re-run and you’ll have far less adverts to fast forward through!

On Sky, when it comes to the adverts hold the microphone button on your remote and say 'skip three minutes' and it saves you winding forward anything.... 👍

If the boss loans you his diesel car to get home whilst yours is getting repaired. Don't fill it up with petrol then drive it down the motorway :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Daktari said:

On Sky, when it comes to the adverts hold the microphone button on your remote and say 'skip three minutes' and it saves you winding forward anything.... 👍

Only works at certain times of day though, my original point was that broadcasters are only allowed an average of 7mins per hour over the course of a day with each ad brake a maximum of 3mins 50 seconds, for public channels (STV, Ch4  and Ch5) they can run upto 8mins per hour between 7-9am and 6-11pm, all other channels can have a maximum of 9 mins per hour. During those 'peak hours you'll have more adverts and then less when re-runs are shown in the middle of the night to claw back the average to 7mins.

Save your self expensive trips to the zoo by standing in front of the mirror making animal noises, scratching your bum and knocking one off.

1 hour ago, Bigsmak said:

On a PC - use Shift-Win-S to open the snip tool.  Lets you copy parts of the page very easily.  I use it all the time. 

Also - When you paste after using the above or ctrl-c .   Don't use Ctrl-V  use Win-V  (windows key) - This gives you access to a list of all the things that you have copied over the last little while.  Means you can copy 3 or 4 bits from one place at one time rather than going back and forward.   This is life changing stuff guys! 

Your first tip I've always used. The second tip though, I wish I'd known about this years ago, would save a lot of time.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Never ask for a “ black man “ at the ice cream van now . 

I had that issue a few years ago at Luca’s.  I did explain what I wanted had a name I probably shouldn’t use these days. I ended up trying to describe it to the teenage assistant before someone else in the queue blurted out the name

What do they call them these days I’ve forgotten? Is it a Nougat wafer?

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

I had that issue a few years ago at Luca’s.  I did explain what I wanted had a name I probably shouldn’t use these days. I ended up trying to describe it to the teenage assistant before someone else in the queue blurted out the name

What do they call them these days I’ve forgotten? Is it a Nougat wafer?

No sure but I do know what a black man is though , now I’m all grown up

😂

ps maybe it’s Called a “ slider “ ? 

JudyJudyJudy
40 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Save your self expensive trips to the zoo by standing in front of the mirror making animal noises, scratching your bum and knocking one off.

😂😂😂 

Fold your socks together before slam dunking them in the washing basket. No more searching for odd socks when they come out the machine. 

If your ever stuck at a set of traffic lights flashing your lights usually triggers them to turn green.

If you want to watch a video on your phone and don't want to hold it, a pair of (sun)glasses make a good stand.

Portable Badger
56 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No sure but I do know what a black man is though , now I’m all grown up

😂

ps maybe it’s Called a “ slider “ ? 

Nah a Slider was two normal wafers.

43 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

If your ever stuck at a set of traffic lights flashing your lights usually triggers them to turn green.

Not always though! Some of them use induction loops on the surface of the road. You'll have probably seen these sort of markings at some point:

induction-loop-traffic-lights-sensor.jpg

The sensors are laid down, and then tarred over. Your car on top of them is what tells the sensor you are there. 

Now, don't get me started on the tits that sit too far back from the lights, so their car doesn't set off the sensor, or the new bike spaces at the front which mean cars don't sit over the sensor at all now! 

6 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

That might be a game changer for me. The win-v one

6 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Get a dog. It saves you having to do any washing up. Just leave plates, pans etc on the floor and they'll lick them clean. 

It also reduces the chances of you being a fat bassa as you have to walk it

18 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

When you are crashing at your pal’s spare single bedroom, that’s recently had a cheap nylon carpet fitted, and you pull a bursd to take back.......... keep your Dr Marten’s on for ‘greater traction’ !!

And less burns on the top of your feet 

6 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

To open the Snipping Tool to take screenshots with the “PrtScrn” key, use these steps:

1. Open Settings on Windows 10.

2. Click on Ease of Access.

3. Click on Keyboard.

4. Under the “Print Screen shortcut” section, turn on the “Use the PrtScn button to open screen snipping” toggle switch.

Dick Dastardly
29 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

That might be a game changer for me. The win-v one

It also reduces the chances of you being a fat bassa as you have to walk it

Win win

Dick Dastardly
4 hours ago, KG1874 said:

Fold your socks together before slam dunking them in the washing basket. No more searching for odd socks when they come out the machine. 

Only buy socks of one colour, if you lose one you now have a spare instead of an odd. 

When watching Man City v Arsenal on bt , there is a mute button when you realise some burd s doing a cliche every sentence🤮

This is still my favourite ever Viz Top Tip.

EMPLOYERS: Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half the CVs into the bin.

I was at a considerably advanced age before realising you could use any card in the socket to keep the power/air con etc. on when leaving the room.

Yeah yeah I know 

If you have a tedious task at work that takes time to complete. Give it to a good but lazy employee, they will find a quicker way if doing it 

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

I was at a considerably advanced age before realising you could use any card in the socket to keep the power/air con etc. on when leaving the room.

Yeah yeah I know 

You can use cardboard as well so you don’t even need to use any card.

A colleague of mine did use a card so he could continue the ACon while we went downstairs for dinner. Very early the next morning we left Kuala Lumpur to return home. Wasn’t till we landed at Heathrow he remembered he’d used his bank card and had left it in the socket.

32 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

You can use cardboard as well so you don’t even need to use any card.

A colleague of mine did use a card so he could continue the ACon while we went downstairs for dinner. Very early the next morning we left Kuala Lumpur to return home. Wasn’t till we landed at Heathrow he remembered he’d used his bank card and had left it in the socket.

Ha ha ouch.