Van Veen

Cameronstheman

54 minutes ago, King prawn said:

31 year old having a purple patch for Motherwell? No thanks.

I'm not sure he'd fit our style and he'd not be happy being a sub so I'd probably not be bothered about going for him, but it's not a purple patch. He has 35 in 78 for Motherwell. A very healthy return, clearly an effective player in Scotland.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

R

Rangers and Celtic always target out fixture.  They treat it the same way they do a derby.  They are rarely as off it as they were yesterday 

No they don’t, we’re no threat to them at all.   We just don’t turn up and the manager comes up with crackpot team selections like this. 

30A790A2-ACD4-4F16-AEA4-E4FC7F358CBC.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Am I the only one that doesn't rate him? Doesn't do it often enough for me and he may have goals but against who? 

Against the same teams we play against. 

Who do you think Motherwell are playing week in week out?

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

R

Rangers and Celtic always target out fixture.  They treat it the same way they do a derby.  They are rarely as off it as they were yesterday 

Yes. Up to us to change the script though. The machinations of Celtic having presumably won the league by our match may figure though.

40 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'm not sure he'd fit our style and he'd not be happy being a sub so I'd probably not be bothered about going for him, but it's not a purple patch. He has 35 in 78 for Motherwell. A very healthy return, clearly an effective player in Scotland.

Scored 9 in the league last season and has struggled to score goals in anything higher than League 2 in England before signing for Motherwell. I really don’t think 1 very good season at 31 years old is what we need to take us forward. 

Turns 32 in a few weeks, I'm sure he'd do a job for a year or two but given we already have a 32 year old Boyce and are probably about to lose Ginnelly I'd much rather we spent money on someone significantly younger and quicker. 

way out west jambo

He’ll be looking for his last big pay day and will venture south or sit on the bench with the old firm. 
with the season he’s had and the fact he’s available on a free, he’ll pick up a decent contract. We would need to put him among the top earners to get him. Not sure if there’s value in that for us. 

Lone Striker
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

On 🔥 just now, think he had injury problems before he came here. Will surely have some great offers this summer. 

I think he came here because Graham Alexander had been his manager somewhere.   Kettlewell is getting an impressive response from him and the team in general. 

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, way out west jambo said:

He’ll be looking for his last big pay day and will venture south or sit on the bench with the old firm. 
with the season he’s had and the fact he’s available on a free, he’ll pick up a decent contract. We would need to put him among the top earners to get him. Not sure if there’s value in that for us. 

As pointed out already, he isn't available on a free. He signed an extension until June 2024.

Here is the confirmation from Motherwell.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/07/26/kevin-van-veen-signs-one-year-contract-extension/

Ex member of the SaS
23 hours ago, milky_26 said:
Livingston 6
Ross County 6
Aberdeen 6
ICT 3
Hibs 3
St Mirren 2
Killie 2
St Johnstone 2
Rangers 1
Dundee Utd 1
Celtic 1
Morton 1
Raith 1

Never disputed he scores and said so but he doesn't do enough when off the ball for me .

avhudtheteeshirt

Watching this guy week in week out, he seems to me to be the perfect foil for Shankland!

I wonder how much it would take to bring him to Tynecastle???

RustyRightPeg
19 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Turns 32 in a few weeks, I'm sure he'd do a job for a year or two but given we already have a 32 year old Boyce and are probably about to lose Ginnelly I'd much rather we spent money on someone significantly younger and quicker. 

He’s rapid in fairness, but younger yes. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Wheres Ginnelly going?

Fitzroy Pointon
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

There’s already a thread about him and a transfer thread

This. 

Is he really good enough to warrant two threads. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Been a very good player for Motherwell, and a clever one. I wouldnt complain if he rocked up suspect we may be looking at longer term options

6 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Wheres Ginnelly going?

He's out of contract and the whispers are that he's not interested in renewing. Hopefully nonsense and he can be persuaded to stay. 

A great season by all accounts, but file under Sam Cosgrove, Louis Moult and others. A striker having a one off great season who'll no doubt get a decent move off the back of it, and fade off into relative obscurity.

The Old Tolbooth

I thought he always looked like a cracking player when we've played them, and if he was a couple of years younger then I'd deffo say go and get him, but at 31, he might only have 2 years left at a push and it would be a gamble spending transfer money on someone with his profile, fair play to the lad for the season he's having though, you can't knock that.