'Players who get Hearts"

trotter

I know there is multiple threads on this, but I think it's warranted to start another. 

I'm not going to say Skacel because that's a given on anyone's list. 

But Cammy. He's immersed himself right into it. Dragged halfway across the world and it looks like he's been here his entire life. 

Who else have you got?

3 hours ago, lmc1 said:

Current team (generally playing) - Cochrane, Devlin, Shankland, Gino, Haring, Sibbick, Clark. 

🤐🫣WuM

17 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Steven Naismith.

Absolutely, so animated in the dugout yesterday, he never sat down and celebrated every goal. 🇱🇻

4 hours ago, red said:

Scott Crabbe & Gary Locke

Locke?!  I never detected much passion from him.  He always seemed to be going through the motions.  Pretty sure he grew up as a Motherwell fan.

1 hour ago, poultry said:

Absolutely, so animated in the dugout yesterday, he never sat down and celebrated every goal. 🇱🇻

I remember pointing out to my two sons at a time SN played for Kilmarnock at a game at Tynecastle, keep your eye on that laddie, he plays to win, and he’ll not be at Killie for long.

20 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Locke?!  I never detected much passion from him.  He always seemed to be going through the motions.  Pretty sure he grew up as a Motherwell fan.

😂😂😂

Bindy Badgy
27 minutes ago, Blackie the Cat said:

I’m sure the ref booked him for doing that. Good old SFA 👍🏻

He got a second booking later in the game for booting the ball away.

doctor jambo
18 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

I remember pointing out to my two sons at a time SN played for Kilmarnock at a game at Tynecastle, keep your eye on that laddie, he plays to win, and he’ll not be at Killie for long.

Everybody in Kilmarnock knew it. He was a superstar long in the making before he really appeared.

58 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

👍

34 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Andy Thorn 

Perhaps the most famous cameo appearance in a Hearts shirt (testimonials aside) - albeit he actually played the following game against Motherwell too.

49 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Everybody in Kilmarnock knew it. He was a superstar long in the making before he really appeared.

Definitely 👍 

5 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

OIP.3WSAXxiIGjMT2vamu9B7ZgAAAA?pid=ImgDe

Definitely one of the most talented players ever to wear a Hearts jersey but also so disappointing how few games he actually ended up playing.

Cool thread idea, here's my 11 of players I remember that I felt really 'got' the club (Robbo and the 90s I don't remember very well as too young)

Gordon

McGowan Zaliukas B.McKay Grainger

Black Devlin

Stevenson Hartley Skacel

S.Elliott

Not meant to be the best team in the world (although I kind of like it), really struggled with CBs, Zal an obvious one but Pressley and Webster both left under a bit of a cloud, Albeit Webster came back as a cup winner. Ended up going with Brad McKay as he's a big jambo and gave his all when in the jersey which is all we can ask for really. I think older folk are probably more able to include guys like Naysmith, Levein, Jardine, Cameron, Locke etc. 

I know Stevenson also left under a cloud, but it wasn't to engineer a move West, he wasn't getting paid and had his family to take care of. Hard to grudge that, plus his commitment following his return gave us hope in the Locke season that we might have stayed up. Also, helped drag Hibs down with us :) 

Went with Stephen Elliott because despite not being a prolific goal scorer, he never stopped running for his teammates and a bit similar to Devlin and Stevenson, that sort of work rate and attitude is first class.

An interesting one would be players that you don't feel ever quite got it - Danny Wilson for example, despite captaining the club, I don't think he ever really got invested in the club or what its about. Always felt like he was looking for his next move and to not even give the season following promotion a shot with us so he could go West to play in the Championship again despite having his whole career in front of him was hugely disappointing. 

Plenty of honourable mentions too - Eckersely, Paterson, Kevin Kyle, Naismith, Jamie MacDonald

Craig Beattie seemed to love his time here at the club. Wish we had him earlier in his career as he was a real player. 

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Cool thread idea, here's my 11 of players I remember that I felt really 'got' the club (Robbo and the 90s I don't remember very well as too young)

Gordon

McGowan Zaliukas B.McKay Grainger

Black Devlin

Stevenson Hartley Skacel

S.Elliott

Not meant to be the best team in the world (although I kind of like it), really struggled with CBs, Zal an obvious one but Pressley and Webster both left under a bit of a cloud, Albeit Webster came back as a cup winner. Ended up going with Brad McKay as he's a big jambo and gave his all when in the jersey which is all we can ask for really. I think older folk are probably more able to include guys like Naysmith, Levein, Jardine, Cameron, Locke etc. 

I know Stevenson also left under a cloud, but it wasn't to engineer a move West, he wasn't getting paid and had his family to take care of. Hard to grudge that, plus his commitment following his return gave us hope in the Locke season that we might have stayed up. Also, helped drag Hibs down with us :) 

Went with Stephen Elliott because despite not being a prolific goal scorer, he never stopped running for his teammates and a bit similar to Devlin and Stevenson, that sort of work rate and attitude is first class.

An interesting one would be players that you don't feel ever quite got it - Danny Wilson for example, despite captaining the club, I don't think he ever really got invested in the club or what its about. Always felt like he was looking for his next move and to not even give the season following promotion a shot with us so he could go West to play in the Championship again despite having his whole career in front of him was hugely disappointing. 

Plenty of honourable mentions too - Eckersely, Paterson, Kevin Kyle, Naismith, Jamie MacDonald

You have to have Pressley in that team. Yes, I know some like to portray him as a hate figure, but he didn’t just ‘get’ the club, he embodied it. The media used to call him ‘Mr Hearts’.

I think we need to accept that the Romanov era was a chaotic period for the club, and we should give senior players who were caught in the middle of it a break.

2 hours ago, Nikoliunas said:

Danny Grainger 

Having met the man I can deffo confirm this, he loves The Hearts, as does his son, who's fav player is Craig Gordon.

Edited by micole