Decision Vindicated

Jambo On Fire

Jambo On Fire

I want to start by saying that I was, in no way, in the “Neilson Out” camp but I think today’s performance suggests that it was the right call for him to go.

That was our best performance of the season and the type that most of us thought we would get with this team but never did. Naismith has got that out of the players within 2 weeks of stepping in and I really don’t think we were going to get that kind of display this season with Neilson at the helm.

I know Ross County were poor but it is so pleasing to see us mix the play up, being more direct and having a shoot-on-site policy. Onwards and upwards.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a bold move. But it shows the ambition of club and hopefully that will be shown in choice of new manager and building squad beyond today's starting 11.

4 minutes ago, Jambo On Fire said:

I want to start by saying that I was, in no way, in the “Neilson Out” camp but I think today’s performance suggests that it was the right call for him to go.

That was our best performance of the season and the type that most of us thought we would get with this team but never did. Naismith has got that out of the players within 2 weeks of stepping in and I really don’t think we were going to get that kind of display this season with Neilson at the helm.

I know Ross County were poor but it is so pleasing to see us mix the play up, being more direct and having a shoot-on-site policy. Onwards and upwards.

The stats are bonkers!!!

Screenshot_20230422_222210_Gallery.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jambo On Fire said:

Where im at. Robbie had my support but i was always HOPING wed play like we did today. There were occasional mements where it looked like we wanted to but they were fleeting. Hes not a defensive coach, thats not the thing. But hes a careful one.

What we saw today - albeit against pish - is what we want.

Put it this way. Would Robbie have won at ER? No chance. In fact, i think we did better than we might have.

Woukd Robbie have won today? Possibly. Probably. Like that? No way.

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The stats are bonkers!!!

Could a statto @Dayman

possibly find our touches in oppo box stats by game for season? Would be very interested.

Especially in comparison to maybe Aberdeen and Hibs as closest to us in league.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Let's see what he does in his next job, with no money. 

There’s no pleasing some folk, there really isn’t.  We win 6-1 with our best performance in years and some are trying to put a dampener on it.  Mental. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

5 minutes ago, Jambo On Fire said:

Agree 100% 

what a don’t like is everyone saying that Ross county are poor and never turned up yet when Celtic do it it’s all about how good Celtic are and they get all the credit. 

The question is did county just not show up or was it hearts that pressed them in to rushing play and making mistakes and they just could not cope with it or is the truth somewhere in the middle 

2 minutes ago, jackal said:

1 shot for every 2% of possession roughly. 

Would be happy with that every week. 

I think it works out at 1 shot every three minutes.

It really should have been 10. 🤣

10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Let's see what he does in his next job, with no money. 

No words for you.

Just none.

Great result today and performance.

Hope we can start producing them like that away from home too.

That will be a target to improve after our away performances under Ranieri.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Morgan said:

No words for you.

Just none.

To be clear, i was meaning Neilson, not Naismith.

Rocky jamboa

I think a team plays the way their manager played. Neilson and levein were defenders so naturally have a defensive, cautious approach to a game. Naismith was an attacking, high tempo, entertaining player and we saw that way of playing come across in the team today. It's like Keegan. He was an attacking, adventurous, swashbuckling player, the same as his Newcastle team.

You could see the energy Naismith had on the touchline today. Night and day to Neilson. 

One swallow doesn't make a summer but the way Naismith had us playing today, the pace and movement, was very impressive. See how he does in the last 5 games but I'd be keen for him to get the role beyond the summer.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That makes more sense, will be interesting to see. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

To be clear, I know.  

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I think a team plays the way their manager played. Neilson and levein were defenders so naturally have a defensive, cautious approach to a game. Naismith was an attacking, high tempo, entertaining player and we saw that way of playing come across in the team today. It's like Keegan. He was an attacking, adventurous, swashbuckling player, the same as his Newcastle team.

You could see the energy Naismith had on the touchline today. Night and day to Neilson. 

One swallow doesn't make a summer but the way Naismith had us playing today, the pace and movement, was very impressive. See how he does in the last 5 games but I'd be keen for him to get the role beyond the summer.

Absolutely, teams also usually play with the same style and personality of the manager. 

I liked Robbie as most did but he was done. Today it was forward passing and was a joy. Albeit against a poor side but can only beat what’s in front of you. That was as dominant a performance as I’ve seen. Just a shame I wasn’t there 😢

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Apologies, I thought you meant Naismith too. 

Jambojames1874123

We did well, great performance…but I noticed how much time and space we had on the ball within the first five minutes of the game. True test will come after the split, but hopefully the players are up for it! 

18 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That seemed obvious to me 🤷‍♂️

GorgieFifeLife
39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was a bold move. But it shows the ambition of club and hopefully that will be shown in choice of new manager and building squad beyond today's starting 11.

Naismith gets us 3rd and the job will be his. 

36 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The stats are bonkers!!!

Shoot on sight. I'm all for that.

Robbie was a defender. Naismith was a forward...... 🤔

Edited by Mister T

Diadora Van Basten

Naismith spoke well but I wasn’t happy with his decisions and thought maybe he was all mouth.

Today after hearing the team selection I felt confident we would win all be it I didn’t think by that amount.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season now and hope we continue to progress.

Naisys Tackle

Thank goodness the board made the correct decision.  Todays a baby step but it shows what we can do and build on. 

Jambof3tornado
39 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Passing and moving forward, pressing when not in possession, night & day from Bobs team. Long May it continue 👍

Unshackled full backs!! Some of the positions, cochrane especially, found himself in would have had neilson tutting in the dugout!!!

Lovely to watch a Hearts team play without the shackles of Levein/Neilson. 

The decisions to sack RN and appoint Naismith temporarily were vindicated in spades today.

Too early to know if Naismith is a long term possibility but it would be excellent if he stakes a claim over the next 5 games and gives the club a decision to make.

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Shoot on sight. I'm all for that.

Robbie was a defender. Naismith was a forward...... 🤔

Discussed this with junior at the match. Tried to think of ex defenders now in management that like playing an attacking game!

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Discussed this with junior at the match. Tried to think of ex defenders now in management that like playing an attacking game!

JJ and Burley are two but a rare breed no doubt. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, martoon said:

Lovely to watch a Hearts team play without the shackles of Levein/Neilson. 

The decisions to sack RN and appoint Naismith temporarily were vindicated in spades today.

Too early to know if Naismith is a long term possibility but it would be excellent if he stakes a claim over the next 5 games and gives the club a decision to make.

Spot on, another 3 wins and good performances against the uglies and he deserves the job. 

hmfc_liam06

Ross County, despite recent results, have been playing well. They also don’t tend to concede many goals away from home.

Yes they might be bottom but that was some win today. 6 goals v anyone is great going.

18 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ross County, despite recent results, have been playing well. They also don’t tend to concede many goals away from home.

Yes they might be bottom but that was some win today. 6 goals v anyone is great going.

That's true. For all they're bottom and not very good this season I don't think teams have really skelped them. Even the OF. Most of their defeats are by 1 or 2. 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

30 shots, and we only scored 6?

NAISMiTH OUt! Booooo 

...and we conceded.

Boooo.

I feel better now for getting it out. 😊 

42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, another 3 wins and good performances against the uglies and he deserves the job. 

A GBH-ing of Hibs at Tynecastle, third place and Stevie will be in with a shout.

Great dilemma to have if it comes to pass.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, martoon said:

A GBH-ing of Hibs at Tynecastle, third place and Stevie will be in with a shout.

Great dilemma to have if it comes to pass.

Sounds like a plan 👍🏽

SectionDJambo

The team spirit and togetherness looked to be back today. Much talking and encouraging each other. Players being substituted getting recognition from the staff, coaches and other players as they went off.

The crowd responded to the positive approach with great backing. All those backward passes gone. Taking risks with forward passes to put pressure on our opponents.

Only Ross County some will say. We’ve been outfought and outplayed by 3 teams in the bottom 6 recently. The big test comes when we play away. Hopefully the players are more relaxed and confident about getting stuck into any opponents, anywhere. 
Altogether much more encouraging, for me, than the last few weeks.

It looked like a different team today. I think Naismith just has a better grasp of the game than Robbie. Putting teams to sleep with the same predictable crap is easy to set up against. 

30 shots, 2 off crossbar and 2-3 glaring misses....

Today was night and day from RN's team and whilst I still don't think Naismith is the man to take us forward today was a good example of what that group of players can achieve by not playing safe. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

No words for you.

Just none.

Oh there are words.

Its just not worth the ban.