Lazio Question (NHC)

SupaJT

Anyone have a link to an article with the lazio squad that sven built at lazio in the late 90's or remember who was in it. Have googled and wiki'd but can't find it. Much appreciated!

shaun.lawson

Here you go mate:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.zanziball.it/en/28/253d.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=4&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DLazio%2B1999/2000%26hl%3Den

While I generally have no time at all for SS Nazio, I had a lot of time for that team. I remember watching them take apart Juventus in Turin the year before they won the scudetto (fantastic winning goal by the poacher extraordinaire, Marcelo Salas), and being massively impressed. They're still my favourite Italian club side ever (I became interested in Italian football just after the great Milan side of the late '80s), and played some unbelievable stuff at times - and I was ecstatic when they finally got what they deserved and nicked the title from choking Juve in 2000.

Lombardia Jambo
Anyone have a link to an article with the lazio squad that sven built at lazio in the late 90's or remember who was in it. Have googled and wiki'd but can't find it. Much appreciated!

Roberto Mancini, Sinisa Mihaijlovic, Alen Bocsic, Marcelo Salas, Hernan Crespo, Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Favalli, etc.....

A very good team.

Cheers folks! What a midfield that was! I'm really more of a juve man but have liked lazio and roma since my folks got me fake shirts for both of them on holiday many years ago.

My favourite italian side would have to be the juve team of 2005/06 - amazing. Why they felt they needed to cheat is beyond me.

No Nonsense

Remember that team well- some midfield consisting of Simeone in the holdin role, Veron in the centre with him and then Stankovic and Nedved operating in the wide midfield slots. Now that season ticket would have been value for money the season they won the Scuddetto.

My favourite Italian team would have to be the mid-90s vintage Fiorentina, with Rui Costa running the show and Batistuta banging them in.

Don't think they ever won anything though...

The Parma team from around that time was also fantastic. Serie A at it's peak was far better than la liga or the EPL is now IMHO, I don't think we will ever see anything like it again, sure there are a lot of great players and good teams around but nothing as classy as the great Serie A line ups of the past 2 decades.

How did he keep all those stikers happy?!?

Fabrizio Ravanelli (from 01/05/2000), Kennet Andersson, 21 Simone Inzaghi, 9 Marcelo Salas, 10 Roberto Mancini, 8 Alen Boksic, 27 Giampiero Pinzi

The Parma teams from 94 to 97 had some great italian players like Dino Baggio, Benarrivo, Buffon, Cannavaro, Chiesa, Fiore, Inzaghi, Zola mixed with the foreigners like Crespo, Sensini, Brolin, Couto, Thuram, Stoichkov and Asprilla!! Really shows the strenth of Serie A at the time when that talent couldn't win the league!!

How did he keep all those stikers happy?!?

Fabrizio Ravanelli (from 01/05/2000), Kennet Andersson, 21 Simone Inzaghi, 9 Marcelo Salas, 10 Roberto Mancini, 8 Alen Boksic, 27 Giampiero Pinzi

Pinzi is a midfielder and he wasn't involved at the time, Kennet Andersson only played a couple of games at the start and was out of picture later on. That still meant 5 attacking players but they all kept being rotated. Anyway it's what makes up a winning team I guess, such options at your disposal.

Archived