Shankland

girvanjambo

girvanjambo

Rumours the huns are making official enquiries and a £1m bid. I would hope Hearts will tell them to GTF. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Luckies1874

• Naisys Tackle

• Sherbet

Gordon_1874

I don't think we'd entertain less than £3m, he's got years left on his contract and unlike years gone by we aren't desperate for cash.

heartsfc_fan
Just now, Cruyff said:

We must have paid 750k for him. No danger are we selling him for £1million. Nonsense stuff.

I thought I read somewhere it was about half that amount we paid? Anyway, whatever it was he's been a great purchase.

We'll not lot him go for less than £2 million.

2 years left after this season. I've been wanting to see us lock him down into his 30s because he's a huge talent that is a joy to have here. 

I was reading the huns forum earlier and they're basically wanting him as a squad player to boost up their home grown numbers. They don't really want him or see him as a core part of their team. He is a rangers fan though, so might get all misty eyed at the prospect. Hopefully he wants to stay and we can have a look at his contract and come to an arrangement that commits his career here. He's well liked and could very well be our long term captain. 

I hate when this happens, they start leaking to unsettle the player whilst tabling utterly offensive bids. 

TBH they should be looking at Nisbet, far younger and probably still got some development to do. 

Edit: Or McBurnie, again younger and won't do huddles which they seem to lap up. 

Edited by OTT

I was sure I'd seen on Sky Soccer Saturday that Shankland was sent off recently. Did I imagine it? Will he be fit for the big one on Saturday?

6 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

Rumours the huns are making official enquiries and a £1m bid. I would hope Hearts will tell them to GTF. 

Started by the "4th Official" a Rangers supporting twitter account which pretends to be a serious ITK account but was outed as a bigot last year.

Rumours are coming based off of an article from this guy on Twitter. No idea how credible he is and won't be subscribing to his Patreon to find out what his article says but I'm calling bullshit on this and it's probably just a quick cash grab so that folk will pony up a few quid to read his article. 

Regardless, we won't be selling Shankland this summer unless someone offers frankly silly money. Which they won't. 

Edited by Jamboross

heisenberg86

They’re far more likely to wait a year when he’s down to a year left on his contract, it’s what they do

4 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

I was sure I'd seen on Sky Soccer Saturday that Shankland was sent off recently. Did I imagine it? Will he be fit for the big one on Saturday?

I think it was a momentary confusion when Snodgrass was sent off. How big a miss will Snodgrass be next weekend?

2 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Rumours are coming based off of an article from this guy on Twitter. No idea how credible is and won't be subscribing to his Patreon to find out what his article says but I'm calling bullshit on this and it's probably just a quick cash grab so that'll folk will pony up a few quid to read his article. 

Regardless, we won't be selling Shankland this summer unless someone offers frankly silly money. Which they won't. 

Remember that guy giving it laldy during the reconstruction/demotion period .

I hung on his every word as I wanted it to be true but it was a load of slavers. 

gorgierulesapply88
5 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Rumours are coming based off of an article from this guy on Twitter. No idea how credible is and won't be subscribing to his Patreon to find out what his article says but I'm calling bullshit on this and it's probably just a quick cash grab so that'll folk will pony up a few quid to read his article. 

He's usually pretty good.

Just now, heisenberg86 said:

They’re far more likely to wait a year when he’s down to a year left on his contract, it’s what they do

The rangers way.... 

FWIW wouldn't want us selling him to them period. Time is always the issue in football, and whilst they might want him to boost up their home grown numbers, they might also have Morelos do a 180 ala Goldson and stay, or find some other striker that they want more. In 2 years time, who knows where they'll be. They might not fancy Shankland at 30. 

From reading their forum, their fans don't think much of him and it would be 3rd choice striker. I would be extremely disappointed if Shanks tried to force a move through there for that. Lafferty's career hardly took off after we revived his career and he bumped us for the huns. 

I think its really important that Savage sits down with him ASAP and gets a new bumper deal ironed out. We can build the next 5 years around Shankland easy, if he's prepared to commit. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, ROKERITE said:

I think it was a momentary confusion when Snodgrass was sent off. How big a miss will Snodgrass be next weekend?

Probably more now the managers gone.

P.S  Tell the huns to **** off.

2 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

How big a miss will Snodgrass be next weekend?

Fekked up the last reply. 

None whatsoever. 

£1m for our top scorer and captain when we have no need to sell. Sure.

The 4th official boy is an absolute slaver.

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Shankland has no desire to go to Rangers. 

Thats nice to hear, but it would be a lot nicer if we had that in writing with a 3 year extension attached 😛 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Shankland has no desire to go to Rangers. 

Why not?  He supports them, get a lot more money and play at a higher level in Europe and win trophies?

He would be mental not to want to go.

Got to sell surely ??

My only thinking would be JKB over the past weeks. Board are Shitebags, Savage is an idiot and Supergran couldn't give a **** about the club as long as her "family connections" get a payday.

Shanks will be away for a skydiver and a bag of Cheese and Onion.

Edited by Bull's-eye

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

He won’t be missed at all.  Been a big part of our recent problems. 

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

Are they even allowed to do that when it’s not a transfer window?  

Can’t see it myself to be honest, although if he is of that persuasion (no idea if he is) then it could be another Lafferty situation.  

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

If Rangers offer 2m+ then Hearts will sell. Guaranteed. 

A 20 goal a season striker for £2m? 

If we sold, we should just pack things up. Wait 30 years for a striker to hit 20 and basically give him away to the huns? Nah. No chance. 

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Why not?  He supports them, get a lot more money and play at a higher level in Europe and win trophies?

He would be mental not to want to go.

They'll win the same amount of trophies as Hearts this season, a big fat zero

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Of course.  Especially if we don't come 3rd.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Can’t see it myself to be honest, although if he is of that persuasion (no idea if he is) then it could be another Lafferty situation.  

Yeah you can buy players outwith the window they can't be registered though.

15 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

A miss?? It will be a positive advantage!

Tynecastle Valhalla
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

this is just not true 

think about what you are saying 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, airthjambo said:

They'll win the same amount of trophies as Hearts this season, a big fat zero

Next season is when they want him.  They will have much more of a chance than us in doing so.    Shanklands been away with Scotland which is up a few levels with better players.  He might more of a taste of that club wise.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Of course. Transfer windows are really just registration windows, offers can be made and deals done at any time you just can't be registered with your new club until the window opens. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

this is just not true 

think about what you are saying 

We buy for £500k or less, sell for £2m+ a year later.  Good business. 

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

A 20 goal a season striker for £2m? 

If we sold, we should just pack things up. Wait 30 years for a striker to hit 20 and basically give him away to the huns? Nah. No chance. 

Wait and see. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Absolutely terrible for morale though. 

Not worth it. Fans are buying in right now and if we hand off our best player to a domestic rival then it will deflate many. Christ, they don't even see him a regular starter, they're talking about him as a 3rd choice that would be nice to have. 

Smarter thing to do is start speaking to Shanks about an extension. We should have been doing this already. Get him tied up on a good deal into his early 30s. 3 year extension. Club is moving in the right direction and we should be aiming to make sure Shanks sees himself as a key part of that. Rather than being an afterthought squad player. 

Edited by OTT

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Absolutely terrible for morale though. 

Not worth it. Fans are buying in right now and if we hand off our best player to a domestic rival then it will deflate many. Christ, they don't even see him a regular starter, they're talking about him as a 3rd choice that would be nice to have. 

Smarter thing to do is start speaking to Shanks about an extension. We should have been doing this already. Get him tied up on a good deal into his early 30s. 3 year extension. Club is moving in the right direction and we should be aiming to make sure Shanks sees himself as a key part of that. Rather than being an afterthought squad player. 

Yeah true.    They bid the £2m though and offer him treble his wages we could end up with an unhappy captain.  

The club I trust will know what the best thing to do is though. 

18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We must have paid 750k for him. No danger are we selling him for £1million. Nonsense stuff.

We didn't pay anything like £750k for him.  His club wanted £500k and it was reported at the time when our interest in him became known that we weren't prepared to meet that fee.

You only have to consider the time it took to get a deal over the line,  If we had been prepared to pay the £500k asking price the deal would have been over the line very quickly.  Instead, we said we'd made an offer, which was presumably rejected as later on we said we'd made a final offer and the ball was in Beerschott's court.

The reality is that Shankland was aware of our interest, wanted to come back to Scotland and was keen to team up with Robbie again who had signed him for United.  He still had 2 years on his contract at Beerschott and I'm sure his people would have made it clear to them that the only club he was prepared to sign for was Hearts.  That pretty much eliminated any negotiation stance that Beerschott had.

They wanted him off their wage bill as he was one of their highest earners, if not their highest.  They were holding out for a £500k fee as that is the amount they still owed Dundee Untied.  Ultimately, their options were reduced to a simple choice...

1. Agree a reduced transfer fee with Hearts, get him off the wage bill and get some contribution to the money they owed United

2. Refuse the Hearts offer, be saddled with his wages for 2 years and pay United £500k

I'd be very surprised if we paid any more than £250k for him, maybe £300k at a push, but nowhere near the £500k they were hoping to get.  

Lot going on at this minute in time but thinking about it, we should be looking at 2.5 mill (bare minimum) ... The only saving grace would be that it might free up some funds up for the new manager as like all managers, they are happier when they can bring some of their own targets to a new club 

I certainly wouldn't be promoting this type of strategy and it should only be considered if Lawrence states that he wants to go to the Hun and won't accept staying. 

WheatfieldWarrior
38 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

if we could just shell out £500K and get another 20-goal a season striker, then I'd agree, but when factor in the failed attempts, that is all the cost of all the players we've gone through to get that elusive 20-goal a season striker, I'd say probably not tbh.

Glamorgan Jambo

After watching John Souttar’s perfectly weighted pass to Jota for Sellleck’s third goal yesterday I’d speculate there’s only one player moving between Hearts and Rangers this coming summer and it will be an eastwards drive along the M8.

Haven’t read any of the 4th official’s stuff for a few years but I seem to recall he was a fully paid up member of the Govan Sons of William.