Belfast, The sober thread.

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Had a terrible time in Belfast tho it was good to put some faces to names. I don't know how I managed it but I booked us into a hotel (Renshaws) with no bar as they're demolishing it in 8 days time. I just had to stay sober for the duration and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Hotel breakfast was only fit for veggies but at ?78 for 2 nights for us both I shouldn't complain too much.

Going on the Belfast Eye was not my brightest move either as I suddenly found out I don't have a good head for heights.......when we were at the top!

The game, well the least said about that the better but I did manage to miss the goal cos I'd found something interesting on the ground to watch!

I've heard people complaining about the prices of drink so I'm glad I was having a teetotal time, almost ?7 for a double vodka apparently, and thats without the small bottle of Lemonade to go with it!

Anyway, thanks again to Scotty for the lift home from Prestwick, much better than the train.

:)

Had a terrible time in Belfast tho it was good to put some faces to names. I don't know how I managed it but I booked us into a hotel (Renshaws) with no bar as they're demolishing it in 8 days time. I just had to stay sober for the duration and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Hotel breakfast was only fit for veggies but at ?78 for 2 nights for us both I shouldn't complain too much.

Going on the Belfast Eye was not my brightest move either as I suddenly found out I don't have a good head for heights.......when we were at the top!

The game, well the least said about that the better but I did manage to miss the goal cos I'd found something interesting on the ground to watch!

I've heard people complaining about the prices of drink so I'm glad I was having a teetotal time, almost ?7 for a double vodka apparently, and thats without the small bottle of Lemonade to go with it!

Anyway, thanks again to Scotty for the lift home from Prestwick, much better than the train.

Sounds like you had a whale of a time.

Nice meeting you and as you say putting names to faces, i also was on the same sober train as you so dont listen to what anyone says;);):P had a ball of a time and thanks to the Glens fans for a good time.

chester copperpot
Nice meeting you and as you say putting names to faces, i also was on the same sober train as you so dont listen to what anyone says;);):P had a ball of a time and thanks to the Glens fans for a good time.

Heard you were singing some rather 'Fruitful' songs. :rolleyes:

Tsk Tsk.

Sounds like you may have a bit of an alcohol problem if you can't enjoy yourself without getting steaming.

Tsk Tsk.

I think they're known as folk songs.;)

Was it just me or did anyone else wonder why the game was played with 2 balls:confused:

CornhillHearts

All was great for 4 days i was there for apart from the 90 minutes of the game, met Bill McMurdo, saw poor Hurricane Higgins and went up to Windsor Park this morning.

Good luck the blues tomorrow.

Nice meeting you aswell. I appreciated your better half smuggling pints out the pub for me!!!

Aye it was hard work eh:p

Good to meet you and Nikki:)

Doctor FinnBarr
I think they're known as folk songs.;)

Was it just me or did anyone else wonder why the game was played with 2 balls:confused:

Folk songs? Nikki assures me that the worst I sung involved Dicky-di-dums.

:confused:

Aye it was hard work eh:p

Good to meet you and Nikki:)

I don't know about you but I'm not looking forward to work tommorrow:(

Tsk Tsk.

Thats right he stood there middle of the pub doing a solo. Not one other person sang or sing they songs:mad: eh!!!

The Old Tolbooth

Tee total indeed!!! Your a radge lol!!! :D

Great to meet you and your missus BJ, but I was a tad worried about you last night outside the Chinese, I'm sure at one point you were almost face down in a chips and curry sauce almost unable to get back up again, I could do nowt for laughing or I would have helped you lol!!! :laugh:

Met some cracking blokes on the trip including Cobblers (how the hell you got home on Sunday night is a mystery, top bloke though), Upthehill, Drylaw Hearts, PTBCAL, and erm I'm sure there were others I met for the first time also but the mind is a wee bit hazy :confused:, all really nice guys though and easy to chat to.

A top weekend only ruined by the football as per usual. :)

Tee total indeed!!! Your a radge lol!!! :D

Great to meet you and your missus BJ, but I was a tad worried about you last night outside the Chinese, I'm sure at one point you were almost face down in a chips and curry sauce almost unable to get back up again, I could do nowt for laughing or I would have helped you lol!!! :laugh:

Met some cracking blokes on the trip including Cobblers (how the hell you got home on Sunday night is a mystery, top bloke though), Upthehill, Drylaw Hearts, PTBCAL, and erm I'm sure there were others I met for the first time also but the mind is a wee bit hazy :confused:, all really nice guys though and easy to chat to.

A top weekend only ruined by the football as per usual. :)

Never mind Sunday night, I'm still not sure how I managed to drive back from the Airport:confused:

Good to meet you all, no doubt we'll have to do it all again sometime soon.;)

Doctor FinnBarr
Sounds like you may have a bit of an alcohol problem if you can't enjoy yourself without getting steaming.

Thanks mum, I'll know to come to you when I need advice about enjoying myself.

PS. I do have an alcohol problem, 2 hands 1 mouth, boom boom

Doctor FinnBarr
Thats right he stood there middle of the pub doing a solo. Not one other person sang or sing they songs:mad: eh!!!

Nikki tells me I didn't do it unless she missed it when having a fag, but my sincere apologies if I offended anyone. I am now off to beat myself with a piece of rusty barbed-wire, that'll teach me!

:rolleyes:

Doctor FinnBarr

We got home then the wife asked me why you were called Ten P.

LOL:)

chester copperpot

You fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

People, can we all just calm down a bit here please.

JKBMod 5

Yeah - come on, lads. Rules are rules.

I don't know about you but I'm not looking forward to work tommorrow:(

not back to work for another 6 weeks:)

You might have sobered up by then.;)

I did wonder what you'd look like in a school uniform:dribble:

chester copperpot

I'm not back until Monday at the earliest. Damn the weegie courts. ;)

I'm not back until Monday at the earliest. Damn the weegie courts. ;)

Have you not been found guilty yet:)

portobellojambo1

He's not found the court room yet, he has been wandering about Glasgow since Monday morning.

The Old Tolbooth

:zip:

chester copperpot

Not yet no, my defence lawyer is dang good.

PAH.

Doctor FinnBarr
People, can we all just calm down a bit here please.

JKBMod 5

No probs here Mod 5, just run of the mill slaggings.

chester copperpot
No probs here Mod 5, just run of the mill slaggings.

I think people have taken offence at the fact you lied about being sober, when clearly the evidence points to the fact that you were not.:rolleyes:

You can tell I've spent the last 3 days in a courtroom eh?

Doctor FinnBarr
I think people have taken offence at the fact you lied about being sober, when clearly the evidence points to the fact that you were not.:rolleyes:

You can tell I've spent the last 3 days in a courtroom eh?

Good God, you have been paying attention, in court that is!

chester copperpot
Good God, you have been paying attention, in court that is!

Yes of course. ;)

Doctor FinnBarr
Yes of course. ;)

Whats the case anyway? or are you not allowed to discuss it until the end?

chester copperpot
Whats the case anyway? or are you not allowed to discuss it until the end?

Not allowed to discuss it full stop, but lets just say its went on 3 days, and will be going on until monday at the earliest, so there you go.

Doctor FinnBarr
Not allowed to discuss it full stop, but lets just say its went on 3 days, and will be going on until monday at the earliest, so there you go.

I'll faithfully scan the papers tomorrow for a trial thats lasting that sort of timescale, got 1 or 2 in my head, just need to check what court they're in!

Goodnight John Boy.

:(

chester copperpot
I'll faithfully scan the papers tomorrow for a trial thats lasting that sort of timescale, got 1 or 2 in my head, just need to check what court they're in!

Goodnight John Boy.

:(

You wont. But good night nonetheless. ;)

it was left in Edinburgh, along with the car keys;)

Doctor FinnBarr
Yeah - come on, lads. Rules are rules.

Maybe you would care to enlighten us which rules were actually being broken.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Maybe you would care to enlighten us which rules were actually being broken.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Undirected comment, certainly not aimed at bikerjambo : There are some stupid, stupid people in this world.

Doctor FinnBarr
Undirected comment, certainly not aimed at bikerjambo : There are some stupid, stupid people in this world.

Yes I'm sure, when do you actually go back to school?

Archived