Oriam safety risk/health hazard.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

According to the Scotland assistant manager the surface the players trained on was safety risk and Scotland have moved to lesser hampden to train.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Naisys Tackle

• davemclaren

• John Findlay

Ive said for four years that Hearts get a disproportionate amount of injuries compared to other SPFL teams. I queried if this was only a coincidence that would soon change or if there was a reasoning re where we trained and what on. It may well be that our four years of many injuries is just a bad run of luck.......but this must make folk wonder. A person would be stupid to just presume it was a coincidence and not to at least do some studies just to make sure.......or is it maybe too easy to think that our injury lists each year were bad luck and will soon be reduced ? (Not damning anyone/anything - just keeping an open mind for once......the injury lists speak for themselves) 

indianajones

I dont know anything about the pitch at the Oriam but I can guarantee it's less of a safety concern than both the Livingston and Kilmarnock carpets. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, indianajones said:

I dont know anything about the pitch at the Oriam but I can guarantee it's less of a safety concern than both the Livingston and Kilmarnock carpets. 

100% this

11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

shouldnt be allowed....dig them up.....apart from changing all visiting teams game plans due to strange bounces etc etc it gives a distinct home advantage as theyre used to the farcical conditions., 

40 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

According to the Scotland assistant manager the surface the players trained on was safety risk and Scotland have moved to lesser hampden to train.

Well isn't that convenient, given the SFA have been making noises about moving west...

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I’ve trained on the indoor surface at the Oriam numerous times and did my knee on it.

Was doing a passing drill and my studs just got caught in the surface and opened up my MCL and as tendons knackered as a result - didn’t play for nearly 6 months after. Totally innocuous.

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Ive said for four years that Hearts get a disproportionate amount of injuries compared to other SPFL teams. I queried if this was only a coincidence that would soon change or if there was a reasoning re where we trained and what on. It may well be that our four years of many injuries is just a bad run of luck.......but this must make folk wonder. A person would be stupid to just presume it was a coincidence and not to at least do some studies just to make sure.......or is it maybe too easy to think that our injury lists each year were bad luck and will soon be reduced ? (Not damning anyone/anything - just keeping an open mind for once......the injury lists speak for themselves) 

How many of Hearts serious injuries happened at the Oriam?

Heartsofgold
Just now, davemclaren said:

But how many of them have had tendon/ligaments weakened by training on its surface Dave.  We don't really know but we do have a disproportionate amount of ligament injuries at the club, and have had for several years now under different managers.

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’ve trained on the indoor surface at the Oriam numerous times and did my knee on it.

Was doing a passing drill and my studs just got caught in the surface and opened up my MCL and as tendons knackered as a result - didn’t play for nearly 6 months after. Totally innocuous.

So wasn't a serious injury then?

11 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Well isn't that convenient, given the SFA have been making noises about moving west...

Did the SFA not put money into building the Oriam ?

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Probably not many as Neilson would have added that to his excuse list.

Midloth_Iain
16 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

It could be that the concerns were raised by Carver and the physios, then relayed to the SFA, who have subsequently decided against using Oriam for this reason.

15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Who with Hearts ❤️or Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

🤦‍♂️

The Old Tolbooth
11 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

But how many of them have had tendon/ligaments weakened by training on its surface Dave.  We don't really know but we do have a disproportionate amount of ligament injuries at the club, and have had for several years now under different managers.

This was my first thought too

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

And then I read this reply and thought yeah, fair enough :lol: 

iain ferguson

Hearts don”t even use the pitch he is slavering on about. The pitch is only for use by the SFA. Should tear it up, lay new Astro and Hearts should pay for exclusive use as part of the new agreement. Would solve a lot of the training time issues with Hearts/Oriam.

Edited by iain ferguson

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Definitely something not right 

iain ferguson
Just now, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Thought we trained outside on grass.

We do but not the same pitch as Scotland used.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, iain ferguson said:

Hearts don”t even use the pitch he is slavering on about. The pitch is only for use by the SFA. Should tear it up, lay new Astro and Hearts should pay for exclusive use as part of the new agreement. Would solve a lot of the training time issues with Hearts/Oriam.

And another twist to the story... 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, iain ferguson said:

Fair point but would all the pitches not be slightly slippery under foot? 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

13 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

It's a fair question to ask. The grass pitches at Oriam have however been an issue for years and there may well be a correlation with our high number of injuries.

iain ferguson

Different drainage and no idea what the Scotland pitch is like. Not seen the Hearts pitches breaking up under foot as Carver said they have seen and all the players have complained about!

iain ferguson
4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It's a fair question to ask. The grass pitches at Oriam have however been an issue for years and there may well be a correlation with our high number of injuries.

Could be but not related to Scotland. If anything the grass pitches Hearts use get a bit heavy with water which seems the opposite of what Carver is saying?

Edited by iain ferguson

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It is a fair question  

Carl Fredrickson

I thought I read on previous thread that Clark wanted to move training to Glasgow due to traffic congestion getting to Hampden from Edinburgh.

Is Carver not towing the party line or has he been told to say something different? 

As already mentioned, will be interesting to hear what the owners of Oriam have to say abou ti

Can’t remember where I read it but Clark said move to Glasgow was due to issues around hotel accommodation and need to move players through to Glasgow ahead of games causing too much hassle 

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I thought I read on previous thread that Clark wanted to move training to Glasgow due to traffic congestion getting to Hampden from Edinburgh.

Is Carver not towing the party line or has he been told to say something different? 

As already mentioned, will be interesting to hear what the owners of Oriam have to say abou ti

And the SFA, considering they are and Oriam partner.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Wee Hammy said:

Can’t remember where I read it but Clark said move to Glasgow was due to issues around hotel accommodation and need to move players through to Glasgow ahead of games causing too much hassle 

Maybe thst wasn't seen as enough justification?

Dennis Reynolds

Quite an accusation to come out with. Not sure the Oriam bosses will be too pleased.

Edited by Dennis Reynolds

gorgierulesapply88

Scotland use/used the pitch located next to the outdoor astro. Which looks absolutely fine on the eye, but obviously plays shite.

Hearts use, the 'public' pitches.

Edited by gorgierulesapply88

gorgierulesapply88
10 minutes ago, Wee Hammy said:

There is a Marriott at Riccarton. 

RustyRightPeg
39 minutes ago, Firefox said:

So wasn't a serious injury then?

Well passing a ball and jogging to a next cone I wasn’t expecting in that moment to not kick a ball for the rest of the season, so fairly innocuous yeah. 

If NHS waiting lists weren’t a thing I’d have had surgery already. I said tendon but meant meniscus. 

44 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Do they not train on the grass pitches?

Tayside Jambo

The grass pitches round the back are not in great shape. Very sandy and very firm, even with the rainfall we had. My hip and knee are still sore after being on their this weekend. And only recently back to full training since picking up a niggle from the outdoor astro in mid Novemeber. All non impact injuries.

Edit: the grass pitches will not be the one that Scotland train on. More so the ones next to the Hearts outdoor one at the back.

Edited by Tayside Jambo

gorgierulesapply88
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Another fair question  😄

The grass pitch located next to the astro is the one they use. They do not use the astro. 

The outdoor astro needs re-done. 

The indoor one the ball glides along the blades of 'grass' and plays really well.

13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Well passing a ball and jogging to a next cone I wasn’t expecting in that moment to not kick a ball for the rest of the season, so fairly innocuous yeah. 

If NHS waiting lists weren’t a thing I’d have had surgery already. I said tendon but meant meniscus. 

innocuous
adjective

UK 

/ɪˈnɒk.ju.əs/ US 

/ɪˈnɑː.kju.əs/

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

The grass pitch located next to the astro is the one they use. They do not use the astro. 

The outdoor astro needs re-done. 

The indoor one the ball glides along the blades of 'grass' and plays really well.

So Hearts and Scotland don't use the same pitches?

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Firefox said:
innocuous
adjective

UK 

/ɪˈnɒk.ju.əs/ US 

/ɪˈnɑː.kju.əs/

Sorry, it looked completely innocuous to the naked eye. 

If you’d have seen me running you’d have thought nothing happened.