Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Dortmund fans staged a protest at the weekend against rumours tickets for Bundesliga games would see their masses have to pay more than €15! 

Meanwhile in Scotland clubs are charging £30 for cup games that are lunchtime kick offs! 

There will be plenty empty seats for this one. Wonder if the alleged 3000 peeps on the season ticket list will be given any incentive to attend?! 

The German fans are quite political, good on them. 
Unfortunately the other team has to agree to the pricing so we might not have had much option. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The German fans are quite political, good on them. 
Unfortunately the other team has to agree to the pricing so we might not have had much option. 

It would be quite good to hear the reasoning behind the pricing.

If it was due to Celtic being dixx then tell us. If not then our club should be taking a bit of flack tbh.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

It would be quite good to hear the reasoning behind the pricing.

If it was due to Celtic being dixx then tell us. If not then our club should be taking a bit of flack tbh.

Yeah definitely, strange that the padded seats are the same price as the rest too. 

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thats ok If you don’t have mobility issues, don't see the need to move the ultras from where they normally go.

It's widely known that the ultras want a permanent area, most seem to think that the lower Gorgie is the best option. 

This could be the club testing the water with a view to making it permanent. 

I'm sure anyone being asked to move that have reasons not to be able to move to the upper section will be accommodated if they contact the club 

Similar to the rangers game in 2020?only 11500ish turned up for that.no way will it sell out now.should have made it £20 for everyone and dug our heels in.should have made Celtic out to be the bad guys if they didn't agree.

The pricing, the kick off time, the fact people having to move seats and most improbably our awful record against the old firm will result in there being plenty tickets available prior to kick off, cannot see this selling out whatsoever and even with the waiting list that we have this won’t look too good for us !

28.3 Subject to the terms of this Competition Rule 28, the charges for admission for matches shall be agreed by the Clubs competing in that particular match. If the competing Clubs are unable to agree, the charges which are normally made for the 
regular fixtures of the Home Club will apply.
---‐-------------

Screenshot_20230221_184848_Chrome.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

The Hogfather
23 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

30 quid for a Scottish Cup quarter final 3rd place v 1st place.

Perfectly fair 

No game in Scotland should be more than £25. Pricing in this country is way off the mark. 

I don’t think the pricing is too bad. It’s about what I thought it would be.

If the post from Detty29 is anything to go by I’ll be saving money..

36 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Not a chance this selling out. There’s more chance of us winning this game & even that’s  almost certainly not gonna happen.

Good news every one who wants to can get a ticket. 

Maybe a more committed, noisy support. 

11 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

for those who fancy the Rugby the following day the prices are about £70 to £125 (face value) with no concessions

Egg chucking is for the rich of society. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree ! I'm sure it'll be a sell out

Not much chance I’m afraid!  What makes you think that?  We never get close to selling out home cup games against Celtic and £30, lunch time kick off, live on tv isn’t going to help. 

23 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

for those who fancy the Rugby the following day the prices are about £70 to £125 (face value) with no concessions

My sister in laws taking her hubby and 2 kids and the cost of the tickets, train tickets and food will mean about £500 😱😱 utter madness

Just now, EH11 2NL said:

Decent price that. If your no happy there's 3,500 on a waiting list so I'm sure we'll still sell out 👍🇱🇻

Course it'll sell out,  its the same names that hate everything and predicted 8000 season tickets sold every season.

Joy vacuums.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Decent price that. If your no happy there's 3,500 on a waiting list so I'm sure we'll still sell out 👍🇱🇻

The 3,500 waiting list is for season tickets not a one off cup game that is live on tv.  When was the last time we sold out a cup game at home to Celtic?  Could have probably got away with only opening 3 stands the last time.  I suspect it will be a bigger crowd this time as the team is doing better but will likely be loads of empty seats unfortunately.

4 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

International rugby which doesn’t happen often 

bit different to a cup game agains someone we are Likely going to lose to 

The Treasurer

If, in the unlikely event we get through and are drawn against someone like ICT, will all those who say they won't pay £30 for this game do the same when the SFA charge the same for Hampden ?

Nah, didn't think so.

Anytime we play an arse cheek in a cup game there is an endless stream of posters giving their "reasons" for not going.

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

International rugby which doesn’t happen often 

bit different to a cup game agains someone we are Likely going to lose to 

So would it be "value for money" if you thought we might win 

11 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Great price. Another sell out no problem at all.

Perfect game time for me as well.

Cant wait.

This equates to Bull raging over price, knows it won’t sell out and won’t be there due to Ko time 👍

11 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Great price. Another sell out no problem at all.

Perfect game time for me as well.

Cant wait.

The price is pretty much as expected. I much prefer drinking before a game than after sp the time is shite

Bazzas right boot

£30 is fine.

No idea why folk think £20/£25 is ok but £30 is a deal breaker.

Surley if you can spunk £20 on a game, then you can spend £30.

If it was £28/29 folk wouldn't have batted a eye, start with a 3 and suddenly the difference is massive.

Strange how the mind works.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

My sister in laws taking her hubby and 2 kids and the cost of the tickets, train tickets and food will mean about £500 😱😱 utter madness

Ooft, that's called all in.

£20 or £25  a ticket would have made that  about £50 cheaper.

£20/£25 or £30  shouldn't be a deal breaker, if it is- maybe spending £20 on a ticket in the first place isn't a great idea!

17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

£30 is fine.

No idea why folk think £20/£25 is ok but £30 is a deal breaker.

Surley if you can spunk £20 on a game, then you can spend £30.

If it was £28/29 folk wouldn't have batted a eye, start with a 3 and suddenly the difference is massive.

Strange how the mind works.

For me it's the cost of my boys two tickets and then the train tickets and food.

Bring the price down to £20 and £10 for under 18s then I'm £40 for three tickets and not nearer £60.

This then covers my train tickets and food and drink.

Maybe both clubs should think long and hard about the current cost of living crisis before they set prices.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

No game in Scotland should be more than £25. Pricing in this country is way off the mark. 

Regardless, the other half is £29 to watch Aberdeen at Tannadice in a bottom 6 match, thats the cost. Its a choice, I will pay it and watch my team, I'm not bothered, if folk dont like it they simply stay at home and watch on TV, and pay a TV company 15 quid instead

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

For me it's the cost of my boys two tickets and then the train tickets and food.

Bring the price down to £20 and £10 for under 18s then I'm £40 for three tickets and not nearer £60.

Maybe both clubs should think long and hard about the current cost of living crisis before they set prices.

£20 difference for 3 folk is a deal breaker?

If that's the case then maybe folk can't afford the football,  travel and food.

Also, If you buy food from a shop before you go you'll save that £20 no problem. 

Going to a football game isn't " a cost of living either"

It's a entertainment,  I can't afford a hospitality st, so I don't buy one.

I also can't afford to go to away games, so I don't go to many.

It's not Hearts or footballs fault.

Rent, food, fuel, electricity etc are the "cost of living", football is a luxury item.

Upto you how you prioritise.

Selkirkhmfc1874
45 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

The cost isn't overboard in my opinion ! What's the price for a category a league game ?

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Regardless, the other half is £29 to watch Aberdeen at Tannadice in a bottom 6 match, thats the cost. Its a choice, I will pay it and watch my team, I'm not bothered, if folk dont like it they simply stay at home and watch on TV, and pay a TV company 15 quid instead

Pretty much.

As above it's our 2nd lowest rate, £1 above the lowest. 

What did folk expect?

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

28.3 Subject to the terms of this Competition Rule 28, the charges for admission for matches shall be agreed by the Clubs competing in that particular match. If the competing Clubs are unable to agree, the charges which are normally made for the 
regular fixtures of the Home Club will apply.
---‐-------------

Screenshot_20230221_184848_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The cost isn't overboard in my opinion ! What's the price for a category a league game ?

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ooft, that's called all in.

£20 or £25  a ticket would have made that  about £50 cheaper.

£20/£25 or £30  shouldn't be a deal breaker, if it is- maybe spending £20 on a ticket in the first place isn't a great idea!

I think the poster you were replying to was talking about the £500 cost of 2 adults + 2 children attending a rugby international with tickets at £70+ per head

Bazzas right boot
Just now, The Gorgie said:

Livi away £27.50

Hamilton away £25

Motherwell away 26.50

Celtic home £30 and everyone loses their mind. Splitting hairs over £3.

If it had been £29.50 no one would have bothered. 

Folk see £30 and lose their shit.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I think the poster you were replying to was talking about the £500 cost of 2 adults + 2 children attending a rugby international with tickets at £70+ per head

Aye, that's not cheap, but it's good fun!

The Hogfather
27 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

And £29 for that is too high too. 

13 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Livi away £27.50

Hamilton away £25

Motherwell away 26.50

In the last month or so;

Hibs £28

Livi £27.50

Hamilton £25

Motherwell £26.50

Now £30 for Celtic takes the total to £137 shelled out in just over a month for tickets. And that’s if you’re only buying one adult ticket each time. In isolation it might seem like £30 isn’t a bad price but it all adds up. 

12 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Livi away £27.50

Hamilton away £25

Motherwell away 26.50

I have a funny feeling that the negative Nancies don't go to away matches.

Screenshot_20230222_095230_Chrome.jpg

13 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

The rugby prices are too high as well.

But how many home rugby internationals are there in a normal season?

In my view, these prices, for a cup quarter final, are too much (I'll probably go though). That will become clear on the day, when there will be lots of empty home seats. I'm happy to be proved wrong. 

I'm a senior citizen and pay only for my own ticket, so can afford this. Many will struggle, especially young families. Football lost its way in the 1990s and there's no easy route back. But we are where we are.

Edited by 4marsbars

Having pondered it whilst in the queue (yes there is one 😄) at the ticket office, £20 is probably about right for any additional game, including Euro ties.

I suggested this after our Euro package was announced but was quickly jumped on by posters saying that it was perfectly reasonable when comparing it to league games.

However, if it's £20 for Zurich away in one of the world's most expensive locations and £22(?) for Florence, then we really ought not to be getting charged 50% or so more.

£20, and fill the stadium regardless of the opposition. It's all 'extra' income after all.

23 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I have a funny feeling that the negative Nancies don't go to away matches.

Screenshot_20230222_095230_Chrome.jpg

Hardly make it to a home game but don't let that stop me...