VAR

Forrest

I think it's generally been a good thing, and led to more correct decisions being made (Kent's dive last night being an example).  It could undoubtedly be more efficient though - perhaps there needs to be more video analysts or something like that to bring the clips together quicker.  One thing I can't stand though is the lack of transparency.  Everybody can see what happens during the game, so why not show the VAR replays on the screens if clubs have them installed.  And explain the decision, because as everybody knows, nobody knows the handball rule.  That would probably need to be FIFA-led, but it's time they followed the example of the International Rugby Board and broadcast the discussions between officials. 

1 minute ago, Forrest said:

I think it's generally been a good thing, and led to more correct decisions being made (Kent's dive last night being an example).  It could undoubtedly be more efficient though - perhaps there needs to be more video analysts or something like that to bring the clips together quicker.  One thing I can't stand though is the lack of transparency.  Everybody can see what happens during the game, so why not show the VAR replays on the screens if clubs have them installed.  And explain the decision, because as everybody knows, nobody knows the handball rule.  That would probably need to be FIFA-led, but it's time they followed the example of the International Rugby Board and broadcast the discussions between officials. 

We're years behind rugby 🏉 

Ex member of the SaS

As soon as it goes to VAR the ref should go look for himself. Wasting too much time standing around before going to the monitor.