02 Customer Service

hughesie27

Been "in a queue" to speak to someone for almost 2 hours now. Is it always this bad?

I just want to give them my PAC code to join them! This is putting me off though!

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Been "in a queue" to speak to someone for almost 2 hours now. Is it always this bad?

I just want to give them my PAC code to join them! This is putting me off though!

Can't you do it online? You could with virgin, and they're the same company now.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can't you do it online? You could with virgin, and they're the same company now.

Everything on 02 website says call them or do it in store.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Everything on 02 website says call them or do it in store.

As Tesco use O2 would they be able to do it in store?

highlandjambo3
28 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Start the call again and if it’s an automated service and, there is an option to cancel/terminate your contract (even if you don’t have a contract) then select that option.  They’ll answer pronto as they don’t want to loose a client.

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Start the call again and if it’s an automated service and, there is an option to cancel/terminate your contract (even if you don’t have a contract) then select that option.  They’ll answer pronto as they don’t want to loose a client.

I actually thought about trying that 45 minutes ago. I'm doing it. Will report back.

Website now says taking longer to answe calls due to a technical fault. Just on hold after selecting the leave option so will give it 30 mins or so and try again later.

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Website now says taking longer to answe calls due to a technical fault. Just on hold after selecting the leave option so will give it 30 mins or so and try again later.

If you're on facebook or twitter you could try messaging them.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

We moved from EE to O2 at our last contract renewal date in December. 

I’m currently looking to upgrade to a carrier pigeon or two cans and piece of string. The service on O2 (compared to EE) is garbage. Numerous black holes which makes holding a conversation with someone difficult if on the move and I simply get no signal at all when in most venues - which were absolutely fine with EE. 

In short I can’t wait for the contract to end! 

56 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

We moved from EE to O2 at our last contract renewal date in December. 

I’m currently looking to upgrade to a carrier pigeon or two cans and piece of string. The service on O2 (compared to EE) is garbage. Numerous black holes which makes holding a conversation with someone difficult if on the move and I simply get no signal at all when in most venues - which were absolutely fine with EE. 

In short I can’t wait for the contract to end! 

I'm only switching as I got the SIM with my new Virgin deal and my EE SIM deal is coming to an end.

I can have both SIM cards in my phone at the same time so will use the 02 over next couple of days and see how it performs at work etc.

Noticed today though that the 02 SIM picks up 5G in the house whereas EE was only on 4G and then 5G outside.

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I'm only switching as I got the SIM with my new Virgin deal and my EE SIM deal is coming to an end.

I can have both SIM cards in my phone at the same time so will use the 02 over next couple of days and see how it performs at work etc.

Noticed today though that the 02 SIM picks up 5G in the house whereas EE was only on 4G and then 5G outside.

Have you tried this?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

"If you’re just changing or replacing your sim and want to move your mobile number across to your new sim, you can do this in My O2."

46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Have you tried this?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

"If you’re just changing or replacing your sim and want to move your mobile number across to your new sim, you can do this in My O2."

I think thats for switching from 02 sim to 02 Sim. Will give it a go though once the 02 app allows me access (takes up to 48 hours after registering). Ta.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

I think thats for switching from 02 sim to 02 Sim. Will give it a go though once the 02 app allows me access (takes up to 48 hours after registering). Ta.

Maybe, but a pac code's a pac code, the originating network doesn't matter.

I reckon this'll do it, it looks exactly the same as what I did earlier this year.

40 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Maybe, but a pac code's a pac code, the originating network doesn't matter.

I reckon this'll do it, it looks exactly the same as what I did earlier this year.

Aye good point. Hopefully I can give it a try tomorrow at some point.

5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I moved from ee to o2 about 3 weeks ago. Not had any issues at all and got through to UK customer services no bother. I'd say must just be issues today. As a side note I live in the borders near galashiels and, apart from a couple of black spots on country roads, I haven't noticed a difference in poor signals. Hopefully its just a glitch for you today 

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Aye good point. Hopefully I can give it a try tomorrow at some point.

Virgin passed my pac code on to o2 and it was sorted the next day. 

Have you tried the online chat option?

p.s what phone have you upgraded to? and how much is it monthly?

13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Virgin passed my pac code on to o2 and it was sorted the next day. 

Have you tried the online chat option?

p.s what phone have you upgraded to? and how much is it monthly?

Might try going through Virgin if the app doesn't work then!

I've not switched phones, was just my EE SIM I had before the Virgin deal had a few mo the left so let it run and now going to switch to the 02 one.

I have the Galaxy Fold 4 though and would highly reccomend it.

Wouldn't be able to go back to a normal phone now.

24 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Might try going through Virgin if the app doesn't work then!

I've not switched phones, was just my EE SIM I had before the Virgin deal had a few mo the left so let it run and now going to switch to the 02 one.

I have the Galaxy Fold 4 though and would highly reccomend it.

Wouldn't be able to go back to a normal phone now.

Ah, cool. 

I got the pixel 6 pro from google just for a wee change, Might go back to samsung next time.