The Open

bobo_755

Some good prices with no Tiger Woods and fancy sticking a few quid on.

Anyone got any thoughts on possible winner?

Lee Westwood may be worth a punt.. is in good form. Jimenez too is worth an each way. there's also the worlds number 2 - Poulter..

I P Knightley
Lee Westwood may be worth a punt.. is in good form. Jimenez too is worth an each way. there's also the worlds number 2 - Poulter..

Har-har - he's never going to be allowed to forget that one!

To be honest, though, with Woods out, the field really is wide open (reflected in the big odds available on pretty much anyone).

Any bet would be each way. I suspect it will be a first time major winner who walks away with the jug this time (keeping on the fence, here!) and possibly someone who we'll all say "who?" about. The winner of the 2008 Open Championship is likely to be a pub quiz question in months and years to come.

The names we all recognise: Garcia, Jimenez, Mickelson etc, may be worth an each-way. Not sure on Westwood; he's gone from fat slogger to fit slogger but he's still a slogger whose game is suited to the likes of the Belfry and Loch Lomond.

Just realised I typed all that and it's absolutely effall help to anyone.

Reckon a British win is overdue.

Justin Rose is a good EW bet @ 28/1; finishing 4th on the same course in '98(altho' it's now apparentlyy tougher).

Bad weather could also favour a Brit...Paul Casey has the game to win a major on his day so I'll be sticking an EW bet on him @ 66/1.

rossthejambo

the opens bad for betting on IMO. the field is far too wide open.

i really like garcia but i have a feeling that he is going to end up with the tag of greatest player without a major. i hope im proved wrong tbh but i just cant see it.

think stenson, mickelson and maybe westwood or rose or casey might be in amongst them. i cant pick a winner though.

chester copperpot

i really like garcia but i have a feeling that he is going to end up with the tag of greatest player without a major. i hope im proved wrong tbh but i just cant see it.

think stenson, mickelson and maybe westwood or rose or casey might be in amongst them. i cant pick a winner though.

I never bet on golf, but think another Yank will win it. Dunno who though.

Big Ernie Els for me. Can't believe he hasn't been mentioned on this thread.

Recently he's been having 3 good rounds out of 4. IF he can just limit the damage in his dodgy round this week then he'll be there or thereabouts.

Looks like it's the year for Spain, Euro, Wimbledon, so it's a bit each way on Sergio for me and a couple of quid each way Geoff Ogilvy.

Ivanauskas33

I thought Garcia had already won a major?

Edit: Just checked he definately hasn't

I P Knightley

Dammit!

Got tempted into a wee foray into Ladbrokes 'cos of this thread.

Dropped ?10 e/w on Justin Rose for no reason other than I kinda like the bloke and, when it's working (as in Round 1 of The Masters), there isn't a finer swing in golf.

Brandt snedeker 150/1

robert allenby 50/1

justin leonard cant remember

all good outside bets

personally i have bet on Els as although he is good/terrible at the moment i think he could click this week.

Oh, and a couple of quid on Adam Scott, won the Players Championship this year, must be in with a shout.

Cabrera, Scott, Westwood and Fisher e/w between me and a mate. Split any winnings between the pair of us.

Recently he's been having 3 good rounds out of 4. IF he can just limit the damage in his dodgy round this week then he'll be there or thereabouts.

Think he's +10 :eek:

Mahan H E/W 33/1

Karlsson R E/W 35/1

Ames S E/W 80/1

Appleby S E/W 80/1

Appleby and Ames joint 11th. Have ?5 e/w on each.

1/4 odds 1st 5

I still think KJ Choi is in with a chance, very good odds too

I have put a couple of quid on KJ Choi @ 100/1 with Betfair on Thursday morning and backed him to finish in the top 10 @ 9.8/1, getting a good run for my dosh so far..........

Hats off to Harrington for a brilliant performance. He was the only guy to shoot better than Els Friday, Saturday and Sunday (+1 against +2).

Even though Els had 3 and a half brilliant rounds this week it was a scheidt bet and I was gutted not to get a better run for my money.

WTF happened on the back 9 on Thursday???

Archived