That's a decent point

Ked

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye,

Or we were in control gave away a cheap goal and struggled. 

If playing " what if's"-

Snodgrass makes that ten yard pass, we continue to dictate play,  score.

They need to come out, open up and we win 3-0.

Never happened tho, they scored first, played OK. We got enough pressure and equalised. 

1-1.

Fair result, nae drama.

I’m scratching my head at that one - we were in control for 3 minutes, is that what you’re saying? Not sure three minutes control in a football match is worth much. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Chevy Chase

• Naisys Tackle

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Colin, do you have some sort of zoom enabled, perhaps the setting in accessibility?

I'm replying to this on my laptop which doesn't have any issues.

Thanks for that and I have checked and the only zoom that is enabled is the one that zooms in and out of the text (It's a sliding scale, presently at 100%) and, as far as I can see, there is no way of disabling that - not that I'm sure I should.

The problem on my Samsung phone drives me nuts.  It's not exclusive to KickBack.

jamboinglasgow

If we can get a win on Friday (which considering St Mirren strength is at home, they are missing players for that match and we will probably had a few additional players by then, we should do) then it will be considered a decent point.

We failed to turn up first half, sadly that will happen every so often, so it depended on how we reacted second half. We got the goal back and got in control of the game. We had plenty of opportunity to win the game and we should look to do better, but we are going to tough grounds and picking up at least 1 point (against teams whose position in the league is down to their home form.)

If we get a win at home against St Mirren and Aberdeen, then it puts us in a very strong position of third.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m scratching my head at that one - we were in control for 3 minutes, is that what you’re saying? Not sure three minutes control in a football match is worth much. 

Nope.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Nope.

Yes but that’s what you said?   Can I believe what you post or not?  “We were in control gave away a cheap goal and struggled”  - they scored in the fourth minute. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes but that’s what you said?   Can I believe what you post or not?  “We were in control gave away a cheap goal and struggled”  - they scored in the fourth minute. 

I was talking about the first half.

We were in control the 1st half but gave away a cheap goal.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Guys, just watch Sportscene.  I know it’s hard to pick things up from the radio but the camera never lies. Or watching it with your own eyes. 

I was right behind the goals.

Lone Striker

Seems a good point today, given their home form and position in the league near us.   Friday won't be easy, but we're definitely capable of winning.

Quick bit of arithmetic.   At the split last season (33 games) we had 57 points.   Currently we have 32 points from 20 games.   So to match the pre-split figure from last season, we need 25 more points from 13 games.  Assuming zero from the Bigot Brothers,  thats 25 points needed from 11 games. 

8 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats     ?

7 wins, 4 draws, 0 defeats  ?

Either of those would be the mark of a really good Hearts team in a league where several teams have improved from last year.    Thoughts, gentlemen  ?   

As folk have mentioned above, we're picking up points on the road at places where we've struggled in recent seasons.   A win on Friday would be huge for us.

fwiw, I suspect we can still achieve 3rd with a slightly lower points tally than 61 this season due to 3 or 4 teams behind us all being much of a muchness, but all with a decent points total so far.

20 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I was right behind the goals.

Ignore soonbe.

He often attempts to justify his ridiculous takes by suggesting others weren’t at the game like he was.

That failed, he’ll repeat his opinion as fact.

An arrogant individual.

wattie exploited

Nelson was quoted as saying   if ten passes were a goal we would have probably won 10-0.  brilliant Robbie  !

pity it was all in our own half going backwards !!!!!!!!!!

was thinking more along if we had 10 shots on target or at goal that might have helped anyway !

anyway Friday night at home 3-1    hearts :rifle:

Edited by wattie exploited

11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Seems a good point today, given their home form and position in the league near us.   Friday won't be easy, but we're definitely capable of winning.

Quick bit of arithmetic.   At the split last season (33 games) we had 57 points.   Currently we have 32 points from 20 games.   So to match the pre-split figure from last season, we need 25 more points from 13 games.  Assuming zero from the Bigot Brothers,  thats 25 points needed from 11 games. 

Either of those would be the mark of a really good Hearts team in a league where several teams have improved from last year.    Thoughts, gentlemen  ?   

As folk have mentioned above, we're picking up points on the road at places where we've struggled in recent seasons.   A win on Friday would be huge for us.

fwiw, I suspect we can still achieve 3rd with a slightly lower points tally than 61 this season due to 3 or 4 teams behind us all being much of a muchness, but all with a decent points total so far.

Given the amount of fixtures and injuries we had pre World Cup break it's amazing we are kind of on track to match last season. 

As others have said the next two home games are massive. Win them (which we are more than capable of) and we will be sitting in a very comfortable position.

If we can finish with a higher points total than last season it's further evidence we are making continued progress.

4 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

Ignore soonbe.

He often attempts to justify his ridiculous takes by suggesting others weren’t at the game like he was.

An arrogant individual.

What a crock of nonsense.  How arrogant is your post? Pot, kettle and all that. When did you become the judge of posters on here? 

A forum is a place for fans to state their opinions. Most opinions are not facts. This, and all other forums, die if guys like you don’t want people to express their opinions. 

Any grown up knows that football is a game of opinions.  Our jousts on here tonight about todays game reinforce that statement.  Lots of different opinions amongst the 1400 of us that were there today. 
Seldom, if never, will anyone post something on here that everyone 100% agrees with. 
Long may that continue. 

It won’t though if the personal insults continue to takeover the place.  And tonight’s episodes weren’t even after a defeat. 

13 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

Ignore soonbe.

An arrogant individual.

That’s rich coming from you.  :thumbsup:

wattie exploited
16 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Nelson was quoted as saying   if ten passes were a goal we would have probably won 10-0.  brilliant Robbie  !

pity it was all in our own half going backwards !!!!!!!!!!

was thinking more along if we had 10 shots on target or at goal that might have helped anyway !

anyway Friday night at home 3-1    hearts :rifle:

is Robbie a moderator  on here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        Jambo kick back what a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!       

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

I'm replying to this on my laptop which doesn't have any issues.

Thanks for that and I have checked and the only zoom that is enabled is the one that zooms in and out of the text (It's a sliding scale, presently at 100%) and, as far as I can see, there is no way of disabling that - not that I'm sure I should.

The problem on my Samsung phone drives me nuts.  It's not exclusive to KickBack.

Ok

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

We've picked up just 4 fewer points than the Huns away from home.

We've collected 10 fewer points at Tynie compared to their total at Ibrox.

Ummmmm...

My point still stands then - we need to be getting more points away from home than them If we want to challenge them next season 

Decent point given their home form. Turns into a very good point if we follow it up with a win on Friday.

One thing that is really great to see is there have been numerous games now this season where we've dug out wins or draws when not being at our best. We have some real character in the squad.

Shooter McGavin
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

My point still stands then - we need to be getting more points away from home than them If we want to challenge them next season 

I’m afraid Jonesy has just snapped your argument over his knee and tossed it in the bin.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

I think we can get 9 wins at least.   Depending on our January transfer window.   We need to strengthen or we'll struggle. 

the posh bit
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Are we honestly basing St Mirren results to make us feel better?

:vrface:

We could always use our weird hatred of the current manager as a bar, I suppose. 

59 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I think you mean ‘it’s not me’.

👍

‘it’s’ would hand a capital ‘I’ you silly little boy.

Naisys Tackle
6 hours ago, Ked said:

St Mirren at home have beaten hib,celtic and Aberdeen by 2 or more.

Drew with Rangers(St Mirren should have won.

We were poor first half but that was down to them.

Has anyone said yet? That's a decent point about the decent point so it is.

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We need to get more points to close the gap.

JKB posters let me introduce Mr Sherlock Holmes.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You said we needed more points away from home earlier in the season to make the top 4. 

Now challenge the old firm? 

Your points a stinking heap of monkey crap to devalue a decent result.

This ones for you @Bazzas right boot

tenor.gif

29 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Has anyone said yet? That's a decent point about the decent point so it is.

Thank you kind sir

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

A good point, how lucky was their goal, with a deflection.

Not like ours at all......😉

Too many on here thinking we only need to turn up to collect three points against a St Mirren team that have been outstanding at home this season 🤣  Yesterday may not have been good for those who just hate St Mirren and I get that to an extent but it would be mad not to recognise they are going quite well at the moment. It was however a stellar day for those find great pleasure complaining about our  manager and his team . It is weird these types are only here when we don't win ?

Getintaethem

Like a couple of posters have said, it’s a decent point IF we win on Friday. 

Think we lacked decent options off the bench, hopefully two or three coming in this week will change that.

The Grim Reaper

Text book Robbie Neilson first half. Set up negatively with 3 at the back. Slow ponderous unchallenged passing around in our own half. Created nothing and got his customary yellow card for god knows what. Lucky to be only a solitary goal down at halftime. 

Changed formation to a back four at the break. Much more positive and coherent. Scored a lucky goal (theirs was lucky too) and he’ll be pleased to get away with a point. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
35 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Text book Robbie Neilson first half. Set up negatively with 3 at the back. Slow ponderous unchallenged passing around in our own half. Created nothing and got his customary yellow card for god knows what. Lucky to be only a solitary goal down at halftime. 

Changed formation to a back four at the break. Much more positive and coherent. Scored a lucky goal (theirs was lucky too) and he’ll be pleased to get away with a point. 

?

We we’re set up how we were last week and we’re 2-0 up at half time.

Why make things up?

The Grim Reaper
28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

?

We we’re set up how we were last week and we’re 2-0 up at half time.

Why make things up?

We set up with a back three using two players as wingbacks who can’t play that position. We then changed to a back four after the break and were much better. 

Not sure what I’ve made up?