• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueRiver

• Chevy Chase

• Ked

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a video of his supposed digs on twitter now. 

Looks a bit grim tbh but no clue where in Edinburgh it is.

8 minutes ago, Homme said:

There's a video of his supposed digs on twitter now. 

Looks a bit grim tbh but no clue where in Edinburgh it is.

The amount of IKEA furniture on show suggests it might be their Straiton showroom.

It's not great but it's not a one room squat either. Assuming it's true of course.

3 minutes ago, Mister T said:

The amount of IKEA furniture on show suggests it might be their Straiton showroom.

It's not great but it's not a one room squat either. Assuming it's true of course.

I do agree I was expecting worse before watching the video.

As much as it's Hibs some of that doesn't quite sound right. Not sure Hibs could just make up taxes etc, they'll have a proper wage department that will have to be within the law.

However, it does seem like the human side of it is piss poor. Bring a young guy halfway around the world and just leave him to his own devices with no transport or people to lean on. Not a nice way to treat anyone tbh. Hope the PFA investigate it fully.

The boy should have seen my student house in Leeds and i was paying for that myself!!! The other allegations are a bit more troubling though. 

Hibs are in big shit. All their fans are rightly fuming about it. Embarrassment for the club. Should get a transfer embargo 

Jean Louis Valois
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

As much as it's Hibs some of that doesn't quite sound right. Not sure Hibs could just make up taxes etc, they'll have a proper wage department that will have to be within the law.

However, it does seem like the human side of it is piss poor. Bring a young guy halfway around the world and just leave him to his own devices with no transport or people to lean on. Not a nice way to treat anyone tbh. Hope the PFA investigate it fully.

Shocking, leaving him in a bedsit in a strange town. Not a great look for the hobos.

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Could he be talking about fines? Clubs typically fine players for stuff like being late, so every chance he could be referencing that without really understanding it?

Taxes could be fines eg turning up late, worst trainer etc that are in place at a lot of clubs. Usually for players that can afford to pay them mind you.

Might just be lost in translation a bit.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Taxes could be fines eg turning up late, worst trainer etc that are in place at a lot of clubs. Usually for players that can afford to pay them mind you.

Might just be lost in translation a bit.

Possibly yeah. As I say I take the money bit with a pinch of salt. Could even be some scummy agent has inserted clauses into his contract to rip him off.

But despite that, you don't leave young guys like that on their own. You need to give them some kind of structure to succeed. 

augusthearts
9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The way Hibs are being run the now is very reminiscent of our Romanov era, minus the money and success.

Been thinking that myself. Some of the excesses of Romanov do appear to be there without the good bits it seems.

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Jane Park has spoken and Chris is ‘eshamed’

😂😂😂

0A9CA41F-A8EC-40EF-84B9-96ABF7B82E77.jpeg

B337076F-29CD-4ED0-84A7-9AC4EAC81B70.jpeg

Maybe Jane Park could offer him a room for the night. She's never done that with any other footballer!! 

Bazzas right boot

Pretty basic but for 1 person fine.

Could have bought a bit furniture himself and a new bed.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, augusthearts said:

Been thinking that myself. Some of the excesses of Romanov do appear to be there without the good bits it seems.

Aye, it's like a hand job without the finish.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The other player to leave this week. When signed was said to be development player and was on loan at East Fife. 

Saw him in a friendly for a Hibs XI in the summer and he was the best player on the park. Granted they were playing Preston Athletic but he looked good.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pretty basic but for 1 person fine.

Could have bought a bit furniture himself and a new bed.

You say that, but think of what he's on salary wise. He was on loan at Hibs, so won't be in receipt of anything more than his salary from the Gambian club. A salary that I'd imagine would be very modest even for Scottish Premiership standards.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

You say that, but think of what he's on salary wise. He was on loan at Hibs, so won't be in receipt of anything more than his salary from the Gambian club. A salary that I'd imagine would be very modest even for Scottish Premiership standards.

Lick of paint. New bed, 

Job done.

I honestly don't think his digs or "taxes" are the problem, it's the way he seems to have been treated in general by the club. 

Surprised a young lad like this is in accommodation on his own. Would have expected a digs house with 3/4 in it. Big move for a young lad to be left on his own away from ‘work’

Shooter McGavin
9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I honestly don't think his digs or "taxes" are the problem, it's the way he seems to have been treated in general by the club. 

This.

I’d be mortified if we signed players, moved then from the other side of the world, only to tuck them in a flat on their own, making them feel isolated and left to their own devices.

Thankfully, our squad appears to be really tight knit, and have got a proper team spirit about them.

22 minutes ago, Locky said:

Saw him in a friendly for a Hibs XI in the summer and he was the best player on the park. Granted they were playing Preston Athletic but he looked good.

Sounds ideal for the Championship next season. Should have kept him! 

jamboinglasgow
59 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Yeah, the club has a duty of care to ensure the well being of the players, especially one who is young who they have flown thousands of miles over. It sounds a bit like Hibs got buyers remorse when he came over, so he was left feeling isolated in a new country. 

I hope Hearts provide some care for new players coming over to Scotland. Accommodation wise I know they have flats they rent at Slateford. And the thread talking about Claire Cowan, part of her job is to help players settle in.

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, the club has a duty of care to ensure the well being of the players, especially one who is young who they have flown thousands of miles over. It sounds a bit like Hibs got buyers remorse when he came over, so he was left feeling isolated in a new country. 

I hope Hearts provide some care for new players coming over to Scotland. Accommodation wise I know they have flats they rent at Slateford. And the thread talking about Claire Cowan, part of her job is to help players settle in.

It's almost like I put up the thread about Clare by chance 😉😉

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Notts1874 said:

I did wonder that...but it shows how important having someone like that at the club, and the way that current and former players talk about her shows what it means to the players. I

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I did wonder that...but it shows how important having someone like that at the club, and the way that current and former players talk about her shows what it means to the players. I

It goes beyond players to members of the press as well. 

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Certainly due a "testimonial", nice gala evening somewhere.

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Maybe Jane Park could offer him a room for the night. She's never done that with any other footballer!! 

She's been with a few of them the midden.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

She's been with a few of them the midden.

I think Notts might have been a bit sarcastic with his comment.

There was some chat a while back about a lot of the longer serving staff at Hibs being let go.

Suspect the truth in the Bojang allegations may fall somewhere closer to the middle, but Hibs really are a mess on and off the pitch.

As we all know from Hearts’ recent history, it’s the off the pitch troubles that can really ruin you. 

Naisys Tackle

That's an embarrassment for our city and out country.

The 5th biggest club in our country bringing over a player on loan and leaving him alone in a dump like that?  Disgusting way to treat a human being.  Not just the flat but everything.