Get voting for Austin McCann!

Don Juan

voted - remember it well - we sit behind goals at the end it went in - I think there was a delayed reaction as none of us could believe he'd actually scored!...............still think wily boo's against 'well was better, and ferguson's etc etc.

What a peach from McCann, remember it very well.. Was watching that goal on YouTube earlier.. Just posted my vote for Austin McCann..

LiamWallace
Why is Numan's goal there?

Numan only got his on because larson had one against the huns so sentanta had to even it up but I voted for austen's goal,absolute peach i went mental when he scored that just thought where did that come from!!!

LiamWallace
On the topic of great goals, is that Fuller goal v Motherwell on youtube?

i had a look but it's not there or at leastg I can't find it on there should be though has anyone got it?

a wonder strike by Aussie but surely Maloney's superb scissor kick is the winner! If it had been Ronaldo or anyone like that it would be talked about as one of the best goals ever!!

a wonder strike by Aussie but surely Maloney's superb scissor kick is the winner! If it had been Ronaldo or anyone like that it would be talked about as one of the best goals ever!!
Think Maloney's, McManus's, Larsson's and possibly Jim Hamilton's would be worthy winners.

Think Maloney's, McManus's, Larsson's and possibly Jim Hamilton's would be worthy winners.

With you on that. McCann's was also a great move and strike, the other 5 were nothing special though. Surely there have been better goals than them in the last 10 years?!?!

:eek:

Snake Plissken

I thought the keeper should have saved it on Maloney's goal.

For me its between Ozzie, Larsson, Hamilton and McManus.

Harry Palmer

Guy's, it does not matter if Austin McCann has the most votes, the winner

will undoubtedly be someone that has an affinity with the West... and I don't

mean birthplace... or who they support.... Of course they could go for an

Aberdeen player just to feck things up!! If there is one as I have not looked

at the noms..

maltese jambo

You mean Maloney's mi**** while falling on his erse kick? ;)

Surely Austins has to be the best given the context it was in: I.e. not against a diddy team (D'line), late on, classic counter attack... etc etc.

Having said that ill always remember Fuller's goal as the best ever.

loveofthegame

Maloney's, Larsson's and Hammy's are all better than Austins.... but Austin still got my vote!

'You lost the league at tynie, you lost the league at tynie' :-)

Remember it well..... i remember my initial rage at the ball being played out to the left when the ball to the right seemed the better option..... and by the time i'd got angry about the "wrong" pass being made..... McCann had struck the ball and my initial rage quickly became a moment of utter ecstasy!!!

Its up there alongside Gary Naysmith's thunderbolt against the sheep as the best goal i've seen at Tynie.

For every 1 vote from us there will be 5 for Larsson. We'd never get away with it being a Heart's player, especially against Celtic. Although we may also get Rangers' fan's votes. Vote as many times possible for Austin.

rumbles1874

my vote done but what is the best goal hearts has score against the old firm?? personaily has to be adam in scottish cup final 98

the jambo poet
Maloney's, Larsson's and Hammy's are all better than Austins.... but Austin still got my vote!

:-)

Are they any better...

I agree all good goals and all taken on the volley with the exception of Larsson whose goal was indeed a special finish but woeful defending by the Rangers player...I believe Austin's was perhaps the most difficult to execute/control in the way he did....if you watch the ball comes to him and he is actually running away from goal when he hits it first time with his left peg ....with power and accuracy....no mean feat!!!

gets ma vote :)

nanananananana-angus

Well they've really made it difficult for us Jambos haven't they?

If it isn't a carve up then I reckon AM might have a good chance of winning it.

smeltic 'fans' vote will be divided among 4 with Larsson coming top.gers divided by 2 with Numan getting the majority.

Other fans who have a player in the vote will be partizan and vote accordingly.

As for the rest whose vote is based on personal opinion,well it would've been a whole lot easier for them if Ricardo Fullers goal was in there.

But the sponsors were never going to include 'that' goal were they.

Once the top three has been chosen by the fans, our panel will meet again to decide the Mitre SPL Goal of the Decade.

Think that that says all that anyone needs to know about how likely it is that, even with all of our votes, McCann will ever have any hope in hell of winning this. Even if he got 90% of the votes, Larsson got 7% and Numan got 3% he still wouldn't win.

Voted for him but he won't win. I was there too, class goal and timing was brilliant! Seem to remember Smellic had a chance after it too!

Eh.... at the risk of being shot at, McManus's is goal is slightly above average, no wonder he went on to take the step up to Dundee and Livi!

The registration process might be a little complicated for the average OF supporter, so we might actually do okay...Hehe.

In a funny way, Numan's goal is so clearly nowhere near one of the best that many Rangers' fans may actually vote for Austin's. After all, it practically handed the SPL title to them on a plate.

A number of the goals while really well taken were actually irrelevant. Maloney's goal was IIRC one of the last goals in an 8-1 thrashing of Dunfermline and Larsson's was in a 6-2 thrashing of Rangers. Not only insignificant in terms of the result, but possibly scored at a time when strikers are willing to try their luck from anywhere against defenders who just want to get off the pitch as fast as they can.

Larsson's finish was great, but his touch to beat the last defender was a bit lucky - looks as if he mis-hit it a bit.

I reckon that taking all the circumstances into account, Austin's is undoubtedly the best goal out of those, but I agree that it has no chance of winning.

Archived