Formula 1 Mafia

Good Old Fashioned Scandal

On 28/12/2022 at 12:15, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Rules

Drivers (Townies)- Must work together in order to out the gang sabotaging the million dollar cars.

Red Bull Goods (Masons)- The Red Bull drivers have grouped together to try and investigate the other drivers on the paddock. They call themselves the RBG. Can talk to each other and will receive investigation results. X3

Rebels (Goons)- Are fed up with the FIA and vow to sabotage the whole season. Can talk to each other and choose one person to kill each night. If they find a turncoat, he will be convinced to join their ranks. X3

Reserve Drivers (Assassin and Spotter)- Are determined to get a seat in F1 no matter the cost. Get 3 investigations and 3 bullets which they may use at any time. If 3 roled players are investigated they will be granted another investigation, and if 3 roled players are killed they will be granted another bullet. X2

Iceman (Cop)- His cool exterior (and interior) allow him to have an objective view of the others. Will get one investigation per night whose results will also be passed to his closest friends- the RBG. X1

Safety Car (Doctor)- The Aston Martin safety car is as useful as it is gorgeous. Can choose one player per night to protect, and this can’t be the same player 2 nights in a row.  Protection does not extend to daytime so players will not be protected from daytime assassination. Doctor protection will not prevent a turncoat from turning. X1

1 hour ago, Seats said:

The masons know who the spotter is.

10 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

masons dont get the result of the spotter. 

are you trying to muddy the waters?

I was basing my assumption on that.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart McNeill

• Tenaciousdandy

• Boof

• Rudi Skacel

If Seats is muddying the waters - that's a cause for concern.

Wouldn't really make an awful lot of sense for the goon to turn me as any trust I had (thanks to you) instantly evaporated upon the turn so I'm as useful/useless as anyone else.

Perhaps as one of the more vocal players - that could've stood me in slightly more trustable stead. But it isn't me.

7 minutes ago, Boof said:

i assumed they were part of a team for themselves, not for the town. Perhaps gofs can confirm as it could change things. 

Tenaciousdandy
16 minutes ago, Boof said:

Why would the masons get the results of a potential assassin kill

11 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

I wasn't reading it as that.

All the rules state is "Red Bull Goods (Masons)- The Red Bull drivers have grouped together to try and investigate the other drivers on the paddock. They call themselves the RBG. Can talk to each other and will receive investigation results."

And "Reserve Drivers (Assassin and Spotter)- Are determined to get a seat in F1 no matter the cost. Get 3 investigations and 3 bullets which they may use at any time. If 3 roled players are investigated they will be granted another investigation, and if 3 roled players are killed they will be granted another bullet."

The only people who do any investigating are Cop and Spotter. The masons receive investigation results.

Over to @Good Old Fashioned Scandal to let me know if I'm talking a load of hee-haw.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

I wasn't reading it as that.

All the rules state is "Red Bull Goods (Masons)- The Red Bull drivers have grouped together to try and investigate the other drivers on the paddock. They call themselves the RBG. Can talk to each other and will receive investigation results."

And "Reserve Drivers (Assassin and Spotter)- Are determined to get a seat in F1 no matter the cost. Get 3 investigations and 3 bullets which they may use at any time. If 3 roled players are investigated they will be granted another investigation, and if 3 roled players are killed they will be granted another bullet."

The only people who do any investigating are Cop and Spotter. The masons receive investigation results.

Over to @Good Old Fashioned Scandal to let me know if I'm talking a load of hee-haw.

You're talking hee haw. Masons would never get assassin/spotter investigations and they're in it for themselves.

Masons would only ever get results of the cops investigation surely.

Stuart McNeill
9 minutes ago, Seats said:

Whit? Who said that? Not me I don't think? Did I?

oh I've slightly misread it.

as you put 

2 hours ago, Seats said:

The masons know who the spotter is.

Rather than who the spotter investigations are.

On 28/12/2022 at 13:29, Vlad Magic said:

This started quick!

Well in GOFS for organising and modding her first game. 

Usual vote for the last person to vote vote.

VOTE Andynic

On 28/12/2022 at 13:35, Stuart McNeill said:

Vote Andy

For that performance as cop last game 😂

On 28/12/2022 at 13:49, AndyNic said:

Hmmm. The last person to vote was Alim but you vote me. Then Stuart votes me straight after...

:interehjrling:

On 28/12/2022 at 14:08, Vlad Magic said:

Just to keep things straight.

Unvote Andynic

Vote Alim

On 28/12/2022 at 15:36, Stuart McNeill said:

To ease your suspicion. 

Unvote andy

Vote vlad 

Thought this was dodgy as soon as it happened and I still do.

5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

You're talking hee haw. Masons would never get assassin/spotter investigations and they're in it for themselves.

That's why I asked the question.

And the assassin doesn't DO any investigating. They just fire!

9 hours ago, Boof said:

That's why I asked the question.

And the assassin doesn't DO any investigating. They just fire!

Yes, my post should have said *as they're in it for themselves. 

Something to keep in mind though but I think the spotter is in it for the town as they know the town can easily lynch them so they can't win it themselves anyway.

Stuart McNeill

As a townie I don't mind being voted off. 

Ideally we'd be going for goons but I think we just need to slowly work our way down the list till we hit the goons. 

As there is no way to identify who anyone is anymore. 

Edited by Stuart McNeill

10 hours ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

10 hours ago, AndyNic said:

This is two people misrepresenting what I've said.

At no point did I claim that the masons would get any information relating to the assassin.

That's why I'm patiently waiting for @Good Old Fashioned Scandal to answer the question: Do the masons get the result of the spotter's investigations? 

If the spotter has investigated townies, that's of no use to us as they could've been turned. Only if the spotter has investigated Doc or mason do we have unchangeable, reliable information.

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

At no point did I claim that the masons would get any information relating to the assassin.

That's why I'm patiently waiting for @Good Old Fashioned Scandal to answer the question: Do the masons get the result of the spotter's investigations? 

If the spotter has investigated townies, that's of no use to us as they could've been turned. Only if the spotter has investigated Doc or mason do we have unchangeable, reliable information.

The answer to this will be no.

100% the masons will not get the spotters investigation results.  They never would but I think you know that...

Tenaciousdandy
28 minutes ago, Boof said:

Why would the masons get the result of the spotters investigation when it's to assist the assassin kill roled players lol 

56 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

The answer to this will be no.

100% the masons will not get the spotters investigation results.  They never would but I think you know that...

Thanks for your input, but I'll wait for the official answer from @Good Old Fashioned Scandal.

56 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Anyone noticed Boof has been A LOT more active since the turncoat has been found?

Woooft! The most humungous example of the pot calling the kettle black. I'm not the only one who's noticed your lack of activity in the first few days.

33 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Why would the masons get the result of the spotters investigation when it's to assist the assassin kill roled players lol 

There's a grey area there. I wasn't reading it as the spotter helping the assassin - maybe that was the idea 🤷‍♂️

Once more, clarification from @Good Old Fashioned Scandal required.

Why did you @Tenaciousdandy see me as trustworthy before the turn?

Tenaciousdandy
13 minutes ago, Boof said:

Thanks for your input, but I'll wait for the official answer from @Good Old Fashioned Scandal.

Woooft! The most humungous example of the pot calling the kettle black. I'm not the only one who's noticed your lack of activity in the first few days.

There's a grey area there. I wasn't reading it as the spotter helping the assassin - maybe that was the idea 🤷‍♂️

Why do you think 😂

Stuart McNeill
19 minutes ago, Boof said:

I can assure you one thing. 

He's not a mason 

45 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Why do you think 😂

There's two distinct possibilities - and I'm torn between the two.

1. You're the spotter and investigated me.

2. You're a goon and will know that (a) I was a good guy at the time and (b) I still am a good guy since I didn't get turned.

7 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Spotters investigations are only shared with the spotter and assassin.

Stuart 3

Boof 2

Can the spotter be turned?

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Can the spotter be turned?

Come on boof 

How can the spotter be roled,and a townie/turncoat 

Edited by Tenaciousdandy

12 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Spotters investigations are only shared with the spotter and assassin.

Stuart 3

Boof 2

Telt you Boof.

But you already knew that, didn't you.

18 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Telt you Boof.

But you already knew that, didn't you.

No, because I read the rules and felt there was a grey area needing clarification.

The only way I'd know would be by being either the spotter or assassin. I'm not.

Good Old Fashioned Scandal

no just deadline for alim to post- felt it was unfair to kill him with no warning 😂 I'll check my spreadsheet and do a wee post once I've had lunch. Just didn't want him to be an easy cop out vote tonight 😂

Edited by Good Old Fashioned Scandal

On 28/12/2022 at 12:15, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Rules

Drivers (Townies)- Must work together in order to out the gang sabotaging the million dollar cars.

Red Bull Goods (Masons)- The Red Bull drivers have grouped together to try and investigate the other drivers on the paddock. They call themselves the RBG. Can talk to each other and will receive investigation results. X3

Rebels (Goons)- Are fed up with the FIA and vow to sabotage the whole season. Can talk to each other and choose one person to kill each night. If they find a turncoat, he will be convinced to join their ranks. X3

Reserve Drivers (Assassin and Spotter)- Are determined to get a seat in F1 no matter the cost. Get 3 investigations and 3 bullets which they may use at any time. If 3 roled players are investigated they will be granted another investigation, and if 3 roled players are killed they will be granted another bullet. X2

Iceman (Cop)- His cool exterior (and interior) allow him to have an objective view of the others. Will get one investigation per night whose results will also be passed to his closest friends- the RBG. X1

Safety Car (Doctor)- The Aston Martin safety car is as useful as it is gorgeous. Can choose one player per night to protect, and this can’t be the same player 2 nights in a row.  Protection does not extend to daytime so players will not be protected from daytime assassination. Doctor protection will not prevent a turncoat from turning. X1

24 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Come on boof 

How can the spotter be roled,and a townie/turncoat 

There's actually no mention of turncoat as a role.

Turning a roled player could be an interesting addition to a future game, but clearly not this one.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Boof said:

There's actually no mention of turncoat as a role.

Turning a roled player could be an interesting addition to a future game, but clearly not this one.

Yes there is right at the bottom 

1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Yes there is right at the bottom 

That's not as a roled player - just an indication that there IS one.