Will they ever win the big cup.

Munch

I met a hobo at a funeral i was at, he reckoned hibs will never win the big cup, too be fair too him he agreed the mouse cup is a non event, However to publicly come out with the fact " They will never win the big cup " was a surprise too me.

What year do you guys think they will win the Big Cup ?:rubeyes:

They will inevitably win it eventually. I'd just rather that day came long after i'm 6 feet under.

maroonlegions

mind you ,what if in the future the SFA scrapped it and replaced it with a extra euro place :107years:;)

scott_jambo
They will inevitably win it eventually. I'd just rather that day came long after i'm 6 feet under.

I bet the same thing was said 100 years ago.

Not for a while. There best chance has gone. 2006 - Mowbray in charge and no Old Firm.

I bet the same thing was said 100 years ago.

Is it really a possibility that they could go 200 years without winning a proper cup ?:rock2::653::tumbleweed:

Not for a while. There best chance has gone. 2006 - Mowbray in charge and no Old Firm.

They should have done it in the last 3 years. They've missed their best opportunities, can't see them ever doing it now tbh.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say..........

no.

They should have done it in the last 3 years. They've missed their best opportunities, can't see them ever doing it now tbh.

Let me get this straight, you are saying there best chance too win a proper cup in 107 years, was 2 years ago. Shame, that makes it all the sweeter as it was us who put an end too that pipe dream.:Hearts Man dance::Hearts Man spotrun::av-1001:

Miller Jambo 60
Let me get this straight, you are saying there best chance too win a proper cup in 107 years, was 2 years ago. Shame, that makes it all the sweeter as it was us who put an end too that pipe dream.:Hearts Man dance::Hearts Man spotrun::av-1001:

They havent got the

BOTTLE

I think that is the beauty of the run - you need the OF to play each other, one of them to slip up, and you have an excellent chance. Doesn't happen that often, but it does come around enough that you'd think they'd have managed in a win in 100 years.

Personally I don't leave things to chance, and stick a tenner on Hibs to win the cup. I'm punters kryptonite, and they are (even more) guaranteed not to come in as a result.

Should the worst happen, I get a 100-1 or so payout to drown the sorrows.

They'll win it eventually....but I think we'll win it again (maybe more than once) before they do.

They'll win it eventually....but I think we'll win it again (maybe more than once) before they do.

How good would it be to gub them in the final, and end there hopes once again.:byebye:

I met a hobo at a funeral i was at, he reckoned hibs will never win the big cup, too be fair too him he agreed the mouse cup is a non event, However to publicly come out with the fact " They will never win the big cup " was a surprise too me.

What year do you guys think they will win the Big Cup ?:rubeyes:

A Hobo and a funeral...must have been a bad day.

FWIW I don't think they will win it in my lifetime!!

A Hobo and a funeral...must have been a bad day.

FWIW I don't think they will win it in my lifetime!!

Was no that great, still it cheered me up to hear that they are now accepting they will never win THE CUP.:508:

No they won't.

The pressure from their fans and the media alone will be enough to make sure they bottle it every year.

The longer they go without winning it, the more pressure is heaped on them and the more mistakes they make.

132goals1958

Last season was their best chance. Injury time at home against Rangers, they were awarded a free kick just outside the area after McGregor was sent off. Thankfully I think it was Shiels who blasted over the bar. A collective sigh of relief in the pub where I was watching with predominately jambos. The way the other games worked out they would have then been up against Partick Thistle, St Johnstone & Queen of the South in the final. Probably they would have fecked it up again but thankfully it didn?t transpire.

Captain Lithuania

Ditto :P I hope I'm LONG gone..

Last season was their best chance. Injury time at home against Rangers, they were awarded a free kick just outside the area after McGregor was sent off. Thankfully I think it was Shiels who blasted over the bar. A collective sigh of relief in the pub where I was watching with predominately jambos. The way the other games worked out they would have then been up against Partick Thistle, St Johnstone & Queen of the South in the final. Probably they would have fecked it up again but thankfully it didn?t transpire.

So they have blown it :) i wonder what odds you would get from a bookie for them too win THE CUP.

You can bet on almost anything these days check out below whats available.

Aliens Landing on Earth. ( a long shot id say )

The first human gets teleported through time. ( could go back too 1902, too see the game, or forward too 2099 too see if they ever won it)

Hibs winning the BIG CUP.

If you had a bit of spare dosh which of the 3 above sounds appealing as a bet.:compute:

$ilvery_Moon

The great thing is it REALLY winds them up. Thousands of them have lived and died and never seen their team win it. All of us have seen us win it at least twice.

:107years: A selection of footballing giants that have won the Scottish Cup more recently than Hibs: Third Lanark, Morton, Dundee, Airdrie, Partick Thistle, East Fife, Clyde, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Motherwell, St Mirren, Kilmarnock.

I hope they never, ever do but if they do happen to manage it I hope it's the same season we win the league just to **** on their party haha!:P

We got it in 2006 with No Old Firm Either but against a Shxtey Gretna team which no longer exists,but they took us to Pens though and we still won it though and it's added to our honours...but good memories of the Rangers Final though when it was done against a gers team at the end of their winning runs

We got it in 2006 with No Old Firm Either but against a Shxtey Gretna team which no longer exists,but they took us to Pens though and we still won it though and it's added to our honours...but good memories of the Rangers Final though when it was done against a gers team at the end of their winning runs

I still reckon to this day that Gretna team would have pumped the hobos!

rumbles1874

the hobbos will not win it in my life time nor will they win it in my childs life time and i aint knocked my misses up yet :rofl::rofl:

Off course what made the 98 win all the sweater was they got relegated too boot, it really does not get much better than that.:bravo::fing10:

I met a hobo yesterday who is convinced they Will win the big cup this season, he had a dream about it, says in the dream he seen the fat finn lifting the Cup.:rolleyes:

:rofl::4_1_72:

Off course what made the 98 win all the sweater was they got relegated too boot, it really does not get much better than that.:

I sometimes think that that was wasted in a way. Kind of like getting all your christmas presents at once. If we'd won the cup one season and they got relegated another season I think I'd have enjoyed it more. I was just so happy about the cup I didn't really think about hibs getting relegated that much.

Hearts Heritage

The answer to the question is obviously 'Yes'.

However the question you meant to ask was 'Will they win it again?'.

336 games since they last won it.

Dundee are 2nd having played 279 games.

This season will be their 95th attempt to win it since 1902.

Losing in 8 finals and 17 semis.

Dumbarton and Queen's Park

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/omisc/sincecupwin.html#BySeasons

have had 103 and 102 attempts to win it since they last won it so by that measure you could rate Hibs 3rd.

Hearts Heritage

Report from 1924

1924041904.jpg

1924041905.jpg

1924041906.jpg

1924041907.jpg

1924041908.jpg

1924041909.jpg

League Positions show that Hibs were below Airdrie.

1924041910.jpg

shaun.lawson
Its my goal in life that those feckers never win it while I'm alive.

A suggestion for your tombstone:

"Dear reptiles,

Not in my lifetime - and not in yours either!"

shaun.lawson

In all seriousness, by the way, I think they will. 2014's my current guess. And if the Red Sox could win the World Series, and the Cubs do so this year (as I believe they will...)

I am what i am
the hobbos will not win it in my life time nor will they win it in my childs life time and i aint knocked my misses up yet :rofl::rofl:

Aye but plenty others have !

I am what i am
A suggestion for your tombstone:

"Dear reptiles,

Not in my lifetime - and not in yours either!"

Shaun , you spend so much time over on Hibs.Net nobody knows if you are a hearts fan or a hibs fan....

At least with Hibs fans you know were you stand with them... were as you its a mystery.... More faces than a clock have you...

shaun.lawson
Shaun , you spend so much time over on Hibs.Net nobody knows if you are a hearts fan or a hibs fan....

At least with Hibs fans you know were you stand with them... were as you its a mystery.... More faces than a clock have you...

I'm a Hearts fan who doesn't hate (or really even mind) Hibs. This makes me unusual, I know: but no less a Jambo for it. No doubt, I'd have a very different perspective had I been brought up in Edinburgh - but I wasn't, and my own unique family circumstances are why I'm so non-tribal, and like talking football with anyone, even if they support a rival club.

Personally, I'm really pleased I'm able to go over there and have a reasonable discussion with people: though am aware it certainly isn't for everyone! And it's worth pointing out that I now have over 4,400 posts on JKB, but have yet to reach even 400 over there, even though I've been registered on both forums for a similar period of time. A ratio of over 11:1 certainly doesn't suggest to me that I'm guilty of spending "so much time over there".

Dr. Bapswent
I'm a Hearts fan who doesn't hate (or really even mind) Hibs. This makes me unusual, I know: but no less a Jambo for it. No doubt, I'd have a very different perspective had I been brought up in Edinburgh - but I wasn't, and my own unique family circumstances are why I'm so non-tribal, and like talking football with anyone, even if they support a rival club.

Personally, I'm really pleased I'm able to go over there and have a reasonable discussion with people: though am aware it certainly isn't for everyone! And it's worth pointing out that I now have over 4,400 posts on JKB, but have yet to reach even 400 over there, even though I've been registered on both forums for a similar period of time. A ratio of over 11:1 certainly doesn't suggest to me that I'm guilty of spending "so much time over there".

Its all very well hating the Hibs, but as far as i am concerned they are almost a necessity in supporting Hearts the way we do.

It would very soon get boring if Hibs disappeared.

Even when they went down, we all knew they would come back up, sooner or later.

Having them around to beat is part of the fun. The rivalry makes it more enjoyable. In that respect, i don't hate Hibs, and im glad they are around.

I sometimes think that that was wasted in a way. Kind of like getting all your christmas presents at once. If we'd won the cup one season and they got relegated another season I think I'd have enjoyed it more. I was just so happy about the cup I didn't really think about hibs getting relegated that much.

You never know mate, i fancy us to win the BIG CUP this season, and with the fat finn, on an internal sabotage job doon at fester road, only Hamilton could save there bacon, my tip is they are going dooooooooooon again.:band2:

shaun.lawson
Its all very well hating the Hibs, but as far as i am concerned they are almost a necessity in supporting Hearts the way we do.

It would very soon get boring if Hibs disappeared.

Even when they went down, we all knew they would come back up, sooner or later.

Having them around to beat is part of the fun. The rivalry makes it more enjoyable. In that respect, i don't hate Hibs, and im glad they are around.

Yup. As I've said before, I think we're intrinsic to one another - and so many of Hearts and Hibs fans' favourite moments have come when beating (or in our case, even drawing with: Happy New Weir!) the other. I think life as a Jambo would be far less dull if they weren't around.

I am what i am

You know what mate that was a very measured and fair response and i feel a bit of a **** now for posting what i said in the 1st place.....

Fair play to you buddy

shaun.lawson
You know what mate that was a very measured and fair response and i feel a bit of a **** now for posting what i said in the 1st place.....

Fair play to you buddy

Cheers man, I appreciate that. :thumb: And don't worry: I completely understand why people would be suspicious. It's natural - but as interested in other clubs and all aspects of football as I always will be, Hearts are the club I'll always love,

I just got a call from a Hobo i unfortunatly have too do business with, at the end off the call he started going on about how he thinks this is the year they will do it.

He was covinced they would be holding THE CUP HIGH at the end of the season.

When will this end.:sobored:

Archived