Tynecastle voted in the top ten uk stadiums

j1964m

Thats brilliant to see the club getting recognised. Always a bit wary these sorts of subjective 'top 100s' can end up being a popularity contest and big clubs having their ego's massaged.

Hopefully the club use 'featured in top 10 stadiums in uk' within their marketing materials. I'm sure there will be a sleeker way of adding it in without going over board. For tourists and stuff that would be good messaging to send to try and encourage them down.

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Utter garbage, I've been to everyone of those stadiums and the top 2 wouldn't be anywhere near the top 20.

With ER in the top 20,  it’s not an article that has any credibility.    That is a shite stadium.  

That mag is aimed at posh nu-fitba fans who never go to actual games but refer to Arsenal, Man City etc as 'us' when they talk 'footy' at the accounts department night out.

Nonetheless, good PR for Heaets.

Naisys Tackle
32 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

With ER in the top 20,  it’s not an article that has any credibility.    That is a shite stadium.  

Ibrox at 1st is worse.  It's a run down shit tip. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Think that vote is entirely down to the perception in England about their European nights (Europa run rather than Champs Lg efforts :rofl:)! 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Think that vote is entirely down to the perception in England about their European nights (Europa run rather than Champs Lg efforts :rofl:)! 

Must be aye.   Still a joke mate.

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It might be full of mutants, but away from Gorgie, its certainly the best football stadium in Scotland 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Jonkel Hoon said:

It might be full of mutants, but away from Gorgie, its certainly the best football stadium in Scotland 

Have you been recently?  Its a falling apart dump and the away end is filthy as feck.

1 minute ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Hard to disagree there. If Ibrox is a run down shit tip...I don't know how we can rate the rest of the country. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Have you been recently?  Its a falling apart dump and the away end is filthy as feck.

The Rangers fans get it rocking though on occasions and it's better than the rest of the grounds in Scotland, Tynecastle aside. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, BlueRiver said:

The Rangers fans get it rocking though on occasions and it's better than the rest of the grounds in Scotland, Tynecastle aside. 

Fair enough but the best in Britain?  StJames is better to start with.

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Fair enough but the best in Britain?  StJames is better to start with.

Aye true. Atmosphere though I'm not going to take anything away from them. 

I know its them but I quite like that a couple of Scottish grounds are getting recognition even if it is just a popularity contest. 

I can't argue with the atmosphere generated by a full house ibrox or parkhead during an OF game.

But aside from that. I don't see how either could be considered top 2. 

That being said. The majority of stadiums in England are sad and soulless places for the majority.

20, 099?

That will have the .nut scuttling.

Capacity, seats...it means so much to the obsessed wee s'oles. :rofl:

:clubbed:

Impressive as oval stadiums are you have to love an old ground with separate stands. White Hart Lane was a great example and similar to Tynecastle with the fans close to the pitch. Always great noise when the Shelf Side and the Park Lane got at each other trying to be the loudest. The Shelf Side before it was redeveloped was epic, sadly not appreciated enough as the cameras were on that side, 3 tiered terrace running the length of the pitch  

Edited by Tazio

10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Impressive as oval stadiums are you have to love an old ground with separate stands. White Hart Lane was a great example and similar to Tynecastle with the fans close to the pitch. Always great noise when the Shelf Side and the Park Lane got at each other trying to be the loudest. The Shelf Side before it was redeveloped was epic, sadly not appreciated enough as the cameras were on that side, 3 tiered terrace running the length of the pitch  

I was last in there in 1981,a bigger bunch of tits you will never meet.

3 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

I was last in there in 1981,a bigger bunch of tits you will never meet.

Thank you for your insightful addition to the thread. 

32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Thank you for your insightful addition to the thread. 

Just passing on my experience.  It was40 years ago so I can't comment on the facilities. My over riding memory is of a load of atseholes beating up a kid. 

Good that both Edinburgh clubs are there.Might take pelters but a midweek under the floodlights  at their bit is still up there.

And beats any other Scottish away ground for various reasons.

Best view for starters.

Like it or not both weegie clubs can lift the roof at home.

All 4 teams without the money other European leagues get have none too bad stadiums.

Edited by Ked

I would imagine that being based historically in terms of Atmosphere.

Tynecastle hasn't been great in recent years, that's being honest rather than having the Maroon specs on.

StJames Park tip 10? Really?? Deary me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Guessing the ratings are based on atmosphere. Scottish stadiums are good for atmosphere, personally love Easter Road atmosphere on Derby day, one very dodgy stand, but it does have a Hearts top buried underneath it, still behind us, positive survey really 

Daft comments on this thread. I do no like Sevco but a full ibrox is quite an experience. Anyone saying that st James or other English grounds can match it either hasn’t been to them, or is looking at things thru fuzzy spectacles 🤓 

Not much to take issue with here, although not sure Villa Park should be in the top ten. Good to see under-acknowledged grounds such as Craven Cottage, Carrow Road and Fratton Park included in top twenty - and the Edinburgh grounds, which deserve to be there.

Most grounds only really come alive against a derby rival or a decent performance against a bigger team. 

I'm not sure how many have sampled all these grounds in those circumstances to make a true judgement.

ToadKiller Dog

To be fair the ugly sisters are the only clubs in the world where sky tv regularly turn the volume down ,must be because of that amazing atmosphere being too loud 🤪 😜 🤪 😜 🤪 

I done the tynecastle stadium tour on the 23rd with my daughter and I was appalled at how run down our stadium is, near enough every stand needs freshened up, wasn’t impressed at all with how dirty and run down the whole place looks which include a lot of the facilities available in the new main stand.

10 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

I done the tynecastle stadium tour on the 23rd with my daughter and I was appalled at how run down our stadium is, near enough every stand needs freshened up, wasn’t impressed at all with how dirty and run down the whole place looks which include a lot of the facilities available in the new main stand.

I have been in the new main stand since it was built , so I can not really speak for the rest of the stadium , but what parts of the MS did you think looked run down ? I have not noticed a single one . I enter through the reception which is sparkling , then in to the PR bar which is still nice and fresh , then up the escalator to my seat . Toilets and kiosks once or twice , and again all perfectly clean and looked after

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have been in the new main stand since it was built , so I can not really speak for the rest of the stadium , but what parts of the MS did you think looked run down ? I have not noticed a single one . I enter through the reception which is sparkling , then in to the PR bar which is still nice and fresh , then up the escalator to my seat . Toilets and kiosks once or twice , and again all perfectly clean and looked after

The suites in the main stand weren’t really clean, maybe that was unfortunate timing, the dug out area was minging with cups and empty juice bottles lying around, the seats in all parts of the stadium look discoloured which is obviously more noticeable when the ground is completely empty. I just felt the whole place needs a good lick of paint and those Maroon fences that have recently been put up at the corners of each stand need pulled down immediately as it’s just a complete eyesore. All my opinion right enough. 

1 minute ago, Thumperbeni said:

The suites in the main stand weren’t really clean, maybe that was unfortunate timing, the dug out area was minging with cups and empty juice bottles lying around, the seats in all parts of the stadium look discoloured which is obviously more noticeable when the ground is completely empty. I just felt the whole place needs a good lick of paint and those Maroon fences that have recently been put up at the corners of each stand need pulled down immediately as it’s just a complete eyesore. All my opinion right enough. 

Not been in any of the suites yet , so I can not comment .not seen any discoloured seats in the main stand though . Still waiting to find out what those maroon panels are for . I am assuming they are temporary , and part of some sort of test 

Generally does not sound too bad to me , but there you go . As you said opinions