TV Wall mounting

Swanny17

Looking to get a slimline 43” TV wall mounted on a stud wall, does anyone know what price I should be looking at approximately for the supply of wall mount bracket and all the fitting? 

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Looking to get a slimline 43” TV wall mounted on a stud wall, does anyone know what price I should be looking at approximately for the supply of wall mount bracket and all the fitting? 

Depends on the fitting you want. Tilting up/down, side to side, extending out etc. £15-£50 should get a suitable bracket.

Fitting should be free as it's an easy DIY job. Drill straight into the stud with the screws after drilling small pilot holes. No plugs needed.

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Depends on the fitting you want. Tilting up/down, side to side, extending out etc. £15-£50 should get a suitable bracket.

Fitting should be free as it's an easy DIY job. Drill straight into the stud with the screws after drilling small pilot holes. No plugs needed.

Thanks IJ, I should have said that I can barely change a plug so mounting a TV and hiding the cables is well beyond my reach  🙂

periodictabledancer

I paid around £60 for a Sanus wall mount (I've got a 50"" TV ) and it's a big, well made piece of kit that's really versatile. 

Easy to fit. 

screwfix.com/c/security-ironmongery/tv-brackets/cat3620002?brand=sanus&ds_kid=43700022069826079&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249478&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249478&gclid=CjwKCAiAv9ucBhBXEiwA6N8nYBmzX-dCQt8hZzsGx4o7XcD3h-uBcv6pU_fhmKNpsvQBzP-WAzjmhhoCrSQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Thanks IJ, I should have said that I can barely change a plug so mounting a TV and hiding the cables is well beyond my reach  🙂

What could possibly go wrong. 

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Don’t be conned into over paying for a walk mount is the first bit of advice. Just get a cheap well reviewed and off Amazon to suit your needs. 

Fitting it is basically a 10 minute job so if your aren’t confident doing it yourself pay someone accordingly. Again don’t listen to any shite about it being tricky because of it being a plasterboard wall etc. If it’s just fitting a wall mount with the correct fittings it’s a piece of piss. 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Don’t be conned into over paying for a walk mount is the first bit of advice. Just get a cheap well reviewed and off Amazon to suit your needs. 

Fitting it is basically a 10 minute job so if your aren’t confident doing it yourself pay someone accordingly. Again don’t listen to any shite about it being tricky because of it being a plasterboard wall etc. If it’s just fitting a wall mount with the correct fittings it’s a piece of piss. 

I'm sure Swanny17 will pay you a tenner to do it. 

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I'm sure Swanny17 will pay you a tenner to do it. 

Unfortunately 10 mins of my time is worth more than a tenner. 😊

I had one mounted on the wall. When it's up it's up.

Next TV purchase I bought a moveable stand for it, no fitting required and I can move it around to suit.

Much better imo.

Dennis Reynolds

I'm absolutely useless at DIY but have hung all the TV's in my house up. Just used mounts from Amazon and Gripit fixings as we have plasterboard walls. Any handyman would be able to do it fairly quickly if you're really not confident. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I'm absolutely useless at DIY but have hung all the TV's in my house up. Just used mounts from Amazon and Gripit fixings as we have plasterboard walls. Any handyman would be able to do it fairly quickly if you're really not confident. 

No chance I'd be hanging a telly on the plasterboard. Straight into the stud and I could swing on the bracket. That said, I've got two oak mirrors up on the plasterboard that are heavier than the TVs. 

14 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

No chance I'd be hanging a telly on the plasterboard. Straight into the stud and I could swing on the bracket. That said, I've got two oak mirrors up on the plasterboard that are heavier than the TVs. 

What if the stud isn’t where you want to put the tv ? Heavy duty plasterboard fixings work no problem. 

Im waiting on the advert

FOR SALE

43" tv, slightly cracked screen and chipped frame, can still see the programmes. Offers invited

FjjrZOCWYAIeHeR.gif

Don't spend anymore than 20 to 30 on a wall mount. A 43" TV will be pretty lightweight so no need to go overboard. Just pick one that meets you needs in terms of swivelling. 

When you say you want to hide the cables do you mean literally inside if the wall or just using one if those plastic cable strips? 

39 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Im waiting on the advert

FOR SALE

43" tv, slightly cracked screen and chipped frame, can still see the programmes. Offers invited

FjjrZOCWYAIeHeR.gif

The volume button doesn’t work either but at this price you can’t turn it down! 

39 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Don't spend anymore than 20 to 30 on a wall mount. A 43" TV will be pretty lightweight so no need to go overboard. Just pick one that meets you needs in terms of swivelling. 

When you say you want to hide the cables do you mean literally inside if the wall or just using one if those plastic cable strips? 

Preferably in the wall but if it’s too much work the trunking is fine. 👍

38 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Preferably in the wall but if it’s too much work the trunking is fine. 👍

You’ll need a multi tool, and a rod to help feed the cables if doing it yourself. Assuming there isn’t insulation in the stud wall.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

What if the stud isn’t where you want to put the tv ? Heavy duty plasterboard fixings work no problem. 

With 16 inch spacings as standard (sometimes 24 inches) you'd need to be pretty fussy on positioning to not be able to use the studs. Even fixing a piece of wood to the studs and then the TV to the wood is better than using fixings.

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I got a handyman to fit mine on the wall. Think it was around £80  off gumtree. 

Did he provide the mount?

I might start my own business!

34 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Did he provide the mount?

I might start my own business!

No I had the mount . He just mounted it 😎

11 hours ago, IronJambo said:

With 16 inch spacings as standard (sometimes 24 inches) you'd need to be pretty fussy on positioning to not be able to use the studs. Even fixing a piece of wood to the studs and then the TV to the wood is better than using fixings.

You’ll be fussy if you want it centred or are married. 😂

I get your point but plasterboard fixings these days are easily strong enough. 

20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’ll be fussy if you want it centred or are married. 😂

I get your point but plasterboard fixings these days are easily strong enough. 

You can centre easily regardless, you just have to be a little bit clever. I don't think my Mrs left me 😂