Lorna Luft in concert

JudyJudyJudy

Lorna is the daughter of the one and only Judy Garland . She is doing a charity concert on Jan 5th 2023 in Edinburgh for a very good cause . The tickets are incredibly cheap ( £20) . It’s great value as she has an incredible voice . Just like her mama and half sister Liza Minnelli .   I’ve seen her in concert several times and was gobsmacked in how powerful her voice is . She hasn’t really had the fame her mum or sister have for some reason , which I don’t understand . 

Tickets are ideal Xmas presents I feel . 

4FAA6E88-8796-4B49-9D9E-BB1A211B7935.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Francis Albert

Worth a bump. If Lorna has fraction of her mother and half sister's talent it should be well worth £20. She has been touring England in a stage version of Irving Berlin's Berlin's White Christmas which has got some good reviews

The other act ( four handed piano)  also gets good reviews.

A bit of a coup for a very worthy Edinburgh charity.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Worth a bump. If Lorna has fraction of her mother and half sister's talent it should be well worth £20. She has been touring England in a stage version of Irving Berlin's Berlin's White Christmas which has got some good reviews

The other act ( four handed piano)  also gets good reviews.

A bit of a coup for a very worthy Edinburgh charity.

Thanks for the bump.  Like you say its a massive coup for an Edinburgh charity. Unsure what the connection is between them and Lorna. But its great value to see both performers. I have bought two tickets for it. One for me and another as xmas present for a friend.

I have seen her in " white Christmas"  a few years ago and she was outstanding. I remember a woman sitting next to me gasping when Lorna started her powerhouse singing.   Also saw her one woman show called " Songs my mother taught me" which was critically acclaimed and very candid about her life with her mother and the ups and downs. I met her back stage and she signed a CD for me and appears very grounded and down to earth.  In the show she She sang a few duets with Judy who appeared on the screen,  Her and her mom singing £ " through the years " is very emotional   Like i said I am perplexed why she didn't make it big big as she has a great voice. I was honestly pleasantly surprised when I first saw her in concert.  She's a belter like her mom and sister. 

Seems a genuinely nice person . In fact Judy may have got loads of criticism but she seemed to bring the children up well apart from her own issues. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

• 4 weeks later...
JudyJudyJudy

This is on tonight and worth the £20 . Lorna has showbiz running though her fingertips . Incredible performer . Nice surprise gift for someone Too . I can’t wait to see Judys daughter again . Here’s a few pics of her in Granton the other day at the main offices of the Charity “ Empty kitchens , full hearts “ which is a charity helping people who can’t afford food . The money from her concert is for this great cause . 

plus couple videos showcasing her and Judy . The video of her mum singing to her is very moving 

5E9AE628-050A-4588-BB9F-F2B1D821C42A.jpeg

59CE3C6E-3FD1-445D-A924-10CA61C70322.jpeg

EA53D50D-7E11-4078-B0B6-B41BDF5F1773.jpeg

7E1E9E1A-0C87-4A82-AF54-F0CAB0535FBC.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Appears to have her mother's tone(huge compliment) and a thoroughly decent person. Enjoy triple J.

She certainly has Roxy. Saw her a few times now and that voice. ! Sounds like her mom at times.  Shes a lovely person too. Thanks. We are off for nice meal first. 

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

She certainly has Roxy. Saw her a few times now and that voice. ! Sounds like her mom at times.  Shes a lovely person too. Thanks. We are off for nice meal first. 

Sounds like a pleasant evening 👍

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Does she do this song? 

😎 they all did that back in the 40s ! 

JudyJudyJudy

Was a good night the night . Lorna was in fine voice . Beautiful woman and a great spirit . Seems a genuinely nice person too . I must say I gasped when she first came on stage as I thought she had the legendery Travilla pant suit outfit on her mom wore in the 1960s ! But it was actually an almost maroon coloured pant suit ! Shimmering and ever so camp . She said Edinburgh is her favourite city 😂 she said that her mothers side of the family were  from Scotland and from Aberdeen ! And surname was Milne . Guess who’s great granny came from Aberdeen and has the same surname ?? Yep your truly . ! So maybe related ! 

The age group was mainly middle aged to dead ! The crowd seemed to have a few homosexuals in it too , well I assumed the guy wearing a sequinned red blouse and had a beard was gay ! Mind you I don’t want to stereotype 😂

the famous travilla outfit;;

2679E198-66EC-4288-99B1-9DF77E9D250B.gif

D7F06336-6255-4A62-B2FD-52DA741DC865.jpeg

A90814D9-C42A-4AEB-BA51-CF31ED94E67E.jpeg

broughies tach

Went along mainly due to the support act being my neighbours and I had never seen them perform before.

Although not really a big fan of 'show' songs it was an entertaining evening for a good cause.

Stars of the show were Kevin's (Farrell of Worbey snd Farrell) jacket and Lorna's maroon outfit.

Incidently Ms Luft is staying across the street at the moment not sure what she is making of having to nip down to the corner shop for her tea bags etc. Bit different from her Hollywood lifestyle I suspect but she comes across as a very kind, no airs and graces lady.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, broughies tach said:

Went along mainly due to the support act being my neighbours and I had never seen them perform before.

Although not really a big fan of 'show' songs it was an entertaining evening for a good cause.

Stars of the show were Kevin's (Farrell of Worbey snd Farrell) jacket and Lorna's maroon outfit.

Incidently Ms Luft is staying across the street at the moment not sure what she is making of having to nip down to the corner shop for her tea bags etc. Bit different from her Hollywood lifestyle I suspect but she comes across as a very kind, no airs and graces lady.

Yes sorry I should have mentioned the opening act . They were fantastic . Very funny and incredible piano players ! Brilliant . Without saying exactly where , which area do they live in . Reason why is my friend and I Spoke about it after and wondered what they all Did after The show and he said that Worbey and Farrell probably stay in the new town area as they are probably “ loaded “ i and had an after show party there ? I wasn’t so sure . 

Yes she seems genuinely nice person and obviously was brought up relatively well by her mom , despite the chaotic lifestyle her mother had in the 1960s. I felt the acoustics weren’t Great in the place and at times made Lorna sound pitchy but when she blasted it out she really did sound great . I noticed that at times she speaks very much like her mother ( quite a lot of pausing between words ) . 

oh YES that def was a Maroon pant suit ! It looked amazing when she came on stage . Maybe she  can donate it to HMFC and we can raffle it for charity . Only thing is it won’t fit me ! 😂

broughies tach

I think their plan was to go for a few drinks in town afterwards.

We stay in the Willobrae area nothing special really. I didn't know about Kevin's show biz career until about a year or so ago when he adopted/rescued one of my dogs brother (but that's another story). He's away quite a bit as a lot of their work is on cruise ships these days but from the snippets he's told me he's certainly rubbed shoulders with a good fe well known faces !

Incidently I obtained a copy of Lorna's life story which she was good enough to sign for me the other day.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, broughies tach said:

I think their plan was to go for a few drinks in town afterwards.

We stay in the Willobrae area nothing special really. I didn't know about Kevin's show biz career until about a year or so ago when he adopted/rescued one of my dogs brother (but that's another story). He's away quite a bit as a lot of their work is on cruise ships these days but from the snippets he's told me he's certainly rubbed shoulders with a good fe well known faces !

Incidently I obtained a copy of Lorna's life story which she was good enough to sign for me the other day.

Thanks for that response . Yes “ me and my shadows “ is a great read . Nice she signed a copy too . She signed a cd cover for me a few years back .