• Sooks

• Mikey1874

Ricardo Quaresma

That other large site has been ripped down too

Expect an io top level domain or another similar

Using American servers leaves them vulnerable

Fort Vallance
43 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

Could just change the name to "THE Hesgoal" just be the same apparently.

And get to keep their browsing history.

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's an interesting conundrum as sites like these deny income to the club we purportedly love. 

That's actually unlikely. Maybe a very small number. 

Streaming viewers go to games already or never go to games. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's actually unlikely. Maybe a very small number. 

Streaming viewers go to games already or never go to games. 

Who knows. But using those sites is income the club won't get. 

57 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who knows. But using those sites is income the club won't get. 

Take away HesGoal and other streaming sites, where is the hesgoal streamer going next ?

IPTV I would say is next. Almost free. £50 a year maybe. Takes a wee bit more tech know how but it’s doable for most who can work a computer.Hearts earn nothing 

Next ? Hearts international on a monthly sub with a VPN. Fiddly tech wise and has an additional cost for the VPN. Hearts get money from the subs

Next. probably just not watching Hearts or any other games. Again Hearts get nothing from that

Next and least likely being the most expensive. Go to Hearts games. Hearts get money from that for home games but we’re at capacity every home game so hard to quantify how much extra it would bring in.

Solution ? Make live football streaming completely legal and charge a reasonable price for it. It’s 2022 and it’s perfectly feasible given a few rule changes. The only downside  is whatever the impact is on the match day attendance. I’d suggest not much for us but other clubs would get hammered and wouldn’t probably  get the bigger travelling away supports they get now

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Take away HesGoal and other streaming sites, where is the hesgoal streamer going next ?

IPTV I would say is next. Almost free. £50 a year maybe. Takes a wee bit more tech know how but it’s doable for most who can work a computer.Hearts earn nothing 

Next ? Hearts international on a monthly sub with a VPN. Hearts get money from the subs

Next. probably just not watching Hearts or any other games. Again Hearts get nothing from that

Next and least likely being the most expensive. Go to Hearts games. Hearts get money from that for home games but we’re at capacity every home game so hard to quantify how much extra it would bring in.

Solution ? Make live football streaming completely legal and charge a reasonable price for it. It’s 2022 and it’s perfectly feasible given a few rule changes. The only downside  is whatever the impact is on the match day attendance. I’d suggest not much for us but other clubs would get hammered and wouldn’t probably  get the bigger travelling away supports they get now

Any price an be beaten by no price. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Any price an be beaten by no price. 

Indeed, but take away the free dodgy sites and the streamer has to pay something to someone, and not necessarily Hearts, or bite the bullet and go to games, or just do something else free when the footballs on

BBC radio Scotland provide an excellent almost free service Im told ☹️

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Indeed, but take away the free dodgy sites and the streamer has to pay something to someone, and not necessarily Hearts, or bite the bullet and go to games, or just do something else free when the footballs on

BBC radio Scotland provide an excellent almost free service Im told ☹️

Except the bbc pay the clubs for it. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It's an interesting conundrum as sites like these deny income to the club we purportedly love. 

People who watch free streaming aren't necessarily going to pay clubs if they've not got the cash in the first place.

Let's term it a public service for the poor.

As someone above said, I doubt Hearts are impacted greatly, if at all, by streaming, like Hesgoal or IPTV. We're at capacity home crowd. Maybe be a few with IPTV over Hearts TV but again, I doubt it's a significant impact. Someone mentioned a subscription service potentially impacting away crowds but I can't see it. Rangers/Celtic and ourselves will have a considerable number of fans who stream through firesticks etc and are still attending away matches. Just look at the numbers for Tannadice as evidence of that.

It highly impacts English and Champions League clubs and those in the Premiership and I believe that's why there was an agreement of sorts from Hesgoal to stop streaming those matches a while ago. IPTV is taking huge sums from Sky and BT, who pay fortunes to show the English and Champions League games. I think IPTV will be a significant factor in the bubble bursting in the (possibly very near) future.

Where it may impact us is if there's a significant reduction in prize money for European competition due to the increase in streaming, however while a club like Hearts should always be aiming for Europe, it would be foolhardy to budget each year based on us achieving the group stages, particularly with our set up where if a non OF team wins the cup we aren't guaranteed the group stages for finishing 3rd, so not as imperative for us as some clubs down south who clearly budget based on CL/European money

A final point on streaming/piracy in general but perhaps this is better suited for The Shed... The rise in torrenting and file sharing was meant to bring about the end of music, film and everything else. However we've seen films grossing higher than ever before, successful music artists still have an obscene net worth, and the gaming industry is worth billions. I think it's a case of if the quality of the product is worth it, folk will pay it. I've downloaded many things illegally, including comic books and music, but I've found if I've liked it enough I'll go buy the physical comic, or a new vinyl of that artist etc, so the idea of lost sales through streaming doesn't really wash with me. But like I say, that's a debate for The Shed... 

Carl Fredrickson

Due to be a carer and weekend dad of two kids who dont like football, I am unable to attend games.

Prior to this I have been a season ticket holder in the old stand, the Roseburn and then got moved to the Gorgie Road stand when it opened. Followed home and away for many a year.  However life sometimes interferes with football. 

I contribute via FoH and merchandise sales.

During the Covid season I would pay for clubs PPV - no issue with that whatsoever. 

When I have time I would watch games or part of games on steaming services. If there was a paying service that clubs benefited from then I would subscribe to it. 

As was mentioned above, streaming was meant to be the end of the music industry but they embraced it and money can be made from legal streaming. Football needs to wake up and realise that a large number of people do not want to pay to watch teams they have no interest in but are willing to pay to watch their own teams. 

Most season ticket holders I know stream the games they can’t attend . If not hesgoal then they will find another way . Do not think this affects Hearts income either way to be honest . Best thing we could do would be to make no effort to stop people accessing Hearts TV international via a VPN and secure their share of this market 

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Next ? Hearts international on a monthly sub with a VPN. Fiddly tech wise and has an additional cost for the VPN. Hearts get money from the subs

Excellent post. Actions like this often drive change for the better. For example, I have a season ticket but as I'm getting older I no longer attend midweek games as it involves a long round trip wit a return home well past midnight, why shouldn't I be able to watch at home? I'm sure it's technically feasible and would cost Hearts nothing. It wouldn't cost the TV companies either as I won't be buying their package anyway.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, scottishguy said:

Could just change the name to "THE Hesgoal" just be the same apparently.

:kirklol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Most season ticket holders I know stream the games they can’t attend . If not hesgoal then they will find another way . Do not think this affects Hearts income either way to be honest . Best thing we could do would be to make no effort to stop people accessing Hearts TV international via a VPN and secure their share of this market 

I think live streaming shows a lack of integrity and I would never partake, its stealing..........................

Bit of a pisser.  I simply can't make as many games as I'd like (ie them all!),  At the majority of games, but when I miss one, I always try to grab it on Hesgoal.  Someone else takes my game ticket and, seeing as the game isn't available in UK, I don't feel I'm ripping Hearts at all.

The root of the issue is our broadcast deal which is horrible.  I mean, second Edinburgh derby in a year not on telly!?! How can that happen?

Doncaster's big thing is our income per game for the deal, but basically what we've sold is every OF away game.  It's a total sham.  We need to start allowing games streamed even at 3pm Saturday.  Sell Sky ONLY what they'll show, the rest is for the clubs to do with as they please.  I'd actually be up for a SPFL-backed online channel on which you can choose your game.

Something needs to give, but all the noise recently, especially the backing the clubs seem to have given the most recent deal, nowt ever will.

29 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Excellent post. Actions like this often drive change for the better. For example, I have a season ticket but as I'm getting older I no longer attend midweek games as it involves a long round trip wit a return home well past midnight, why shouldn't I be able to watch at home? I'm sure it's technically feasible and would cost Hearts nothing. It wouldn't cost the TV companies either as I won't be buying their package anyway.

I through necessity,  I live in Spain, use option 2. I pay for Hearts tv international but invariably watch it on my firestick streamer so I'm not robbing the club. If I was in the UK,for the matches I couldn't get to, I'd do the same with a vpn. It doesn't rob the club and modern vpn's don't need much tech savvy.  

12 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think live streaming shows a lack of integrity and I would never partake, its stealing..........................

😄 

3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think live streaming wouldn’t be as popular if the likes of SKY and BT sport didn’t have a virtual cartel running and there was an it if affordability brought in through competition. They’re robbing people blind and they’ve caused this streaming pandemic through their own  greed. Feck em I say. As for Hearts, I subscribe anyway so no guilt there for me

LochcarronJambo
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I think live streaming wouldn’t be as popular if the likes of SKY and BT sport didn’t have a virtual cartel running and there was an it if affordability brought in through competition. They’re robbing people blind and they’ve caused this streaming pandemic through their own  greed. Feck em I say. As for Hearts, I subscribe anyway so no guilt there for me

Spot on 👍

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Nailed it ........................................... those EPL media deals wont pay for themselves though

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nailed it ........................................... those EPL media deals wont pay for themselves though

One day, that whole house will burn down. It’s not sustainable 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

One day, that whole house will burn down. It’s not sustainable 

Thats the Scottish equivalent of England saying they are going to win the World Cup. Is it possible? Absolutely. Is it happening any time soon? Unlikely

You must have been watching Hesgoal on your phone to be fair, the picture was terrible on anything bigger. 

I found better quality streams a lot of the time. 

4 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Question for the tech savvy. 

If I use a VPN will I be able to buy Hearts TV international? 

PIA vpn will give you 30 days free trial (1.79 a month after that) then sign up for international 

Ronald Villiers

I'm a season ticket holder and go to almost every game, including a fair amount of away games.  I'm gutted that I need to work on 2nd January.  Can I subscribe to Hearts tv for that game only or for a single month?

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I'm a season ticket holder and go to almost every game, including a fair amount of away games.  I'm gutted that I need to work on 2nd January.  Can I subscribe to Hearts tv for that game only or for a single month?

The club haven't released information yet on that it could be one of the PPV games they decide to stream but I'm sure it's a massive possibility.  So you may get to subscribe without VPN for the one game only. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Cheers Robbie.  So there's a chance I can subscribe to Hearts tv and watch it at work?

Yeah.  The club should be confirming this soon hopefully.  If not then I'll find you a link to the game at the time mate just PM me. 

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah.  The club should be confirming this soon hopefully.  If not then I'll find you a link to the game at the time mate just PM me. 

Top man, cheers Robbie. 👍