We've played in South morroco

Gorgierools

But have we ever played in a forest, up a mountain in rural Spain?

Just been upto have a look at the venue for tomorrows friendly .I can guarantee the guys will be thinking WTF! Where are we.

processed-8ddfa544-13af-4c75-b33e-1dbdab7a6d67_iS2dG8lP.jpeg

Edited by Gorgierools

• Gorgierools changed the title to We've played in South morroco
17 minutes ago, toonland said:

Have we genuinely ever played in Morocco?

I doubt it but the road up to tomorrow's venue doesn't look too far of it

Compress_20221203_203318_8638.jpg

lost in space

I was in Morocco recently. Marrakesh is in the southern part of the centre. South of that doesn't have much in the way of large towns.

Have we actually played in South Morocco??

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

We’ve never played in South Morocco or anywhere in Morocco for that matter 

But what was the greatest game in history?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The game on the nineteenth of May

For the youngsters yes but after 35 years, 6 months and 2 weeks of waiting to see Hearts win anything, the Rangers final will never be surpassed for me.:

6 minutes ago, DavyH said:

For the youngsters yes but after 35 years, 6 months and 2 weeks of waiting to see Hearts win anything, the Rangers final will never be surpassed for me.:

100%. We went there more in hope than believe. Most of us having never seen Hearts win anything and thinking we probably never would. The scenes,jubilation and utter utter disbelief that we had won it at full time was immense. What a day.

In fact the perfect weekend.  We won,I had first goalscorer and was dragged home by a fat burd!!!

Edited by Gorgierools

3 minutes ago, DavyH said:

I was at both . The greatest for me was 2012 and I do appreciate many disagree . It also scans better for the song .

4 minutes ago, DavyH said:

i was 37 , what a day that was, 

46 minutes ago, DavyH said:

Agreed.

48 minutes ago, DavyH said:

100%

35 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I don't believe we've played in the USA either.

We have , we chose to go there and Canada instead of playing in Europe , the season that Hibs like to goon about being the first British club there 

I am pretty certain the South Morocco thing is what I posted earlier too

Edited by Sooks

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Plenty times, think we last went in 85 or 86, West Coast, 3 or 4 games.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

We did …. a tour in the 1970s … I think (or perhaps late ‘60s)!

‘Big albino’ (don’t know his real name) from Linlithgow actually went!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Ha ha! I was thinking the same 🤣

We need to change the lyrics

Never played in the South of Morocco,

Never played in the USA 

But the greatest game in history was in 1998/12 th may (whatever age you are!) 🥰🤣

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Ha ha! I was thinking the same 🤣

We need to change the lyrics

Never played in the South of Morocco,

Never played in the USA 

But the greatest game in history was in 1998/12 th may (whatever age you are!) 🥰🤣

100%, WE HAVE played in the USA.

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

100%, WE HAVE played in the USA.

Correct  

USA = ♥️♥️♥️♥️

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

We did …. a tour in the 1970s … I think (or perhaps late ‘60s)!

‘Big albino’ (don’t know his real name) from Linlithgow actually went!!

After the Texaco Cup Final in 1971 we played x6 games (or thereabouts) in the USA and some games in Canada. 

It was a big story back in the day with reports daily in the Evening News & Scotsman!!

I’m sure I have newspaper cuttings in a scrapbook in the loft in one of my many boxes filled with Hearts paraphernalia!! 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

1971 Several foreign clubs made visits to the US to play exhibition matches, although on a smaller scale than the previous year. New York Cosmos were a major destination for these clubs. Along the highlights, Hearts of Scotland defeated the Cosmos 4-0 and 4-2 and drew 0-0 with Rochester. Lanerossi-Vicenza of Italy defeated the Cosmos 5-3 and lost to Rochester 3-4. Appollon of Greece drew with the Cosmos 1-1, and Bangu of Brazil drew with Rochester 1-1 and defeated the Comsos 6-1.

Francis Albert

We haveplayed in the USA lots of times,  multiple games in tours  in 1958, 1960, 1964,  1971, 1987, often against big names from England 

In a "world tour" in  1976 we played a Mauritius X!. We have played in South (or even North) Mauritious would work but as the rest of the tour was in New Zealand and Australia I am not sure where the game was actually played.

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

We haveplayed in the USA lots of times,  multiple games in tours  in 1958, 1960, 1964,  1971, 1987, often against big names from England 

In a "world tour" in  1976 we played a Mauritius X!. We have played in South (or even North) Mauritious would work but as the rest of the tour was in New Zealand and Australia I am not sure where the game was actually played.

But " south mauritius" doesn't rime with jackshit

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

But " south mauritius" doesn't rime with jackshit

Our play is quite delicious, to be fair

gorgierulesapply88
On 03/12/2022 at 22:28, Sooks said:

We have , we chose to go there and Canada instead of playing in Europe , the season that Hibs like to goon about being the first British club there 

I am pretty certain the South Morocco thing is what I posted earlier too

Would international ventures to US and other countries get us any more fans? I know big clubs do it due to their followings the world over but would it benefit us in any way or just cost us a fortune.

gorgierulesapply88

"We arrived late just in time to see the end of the first game -
Timbuktoo Town two Tripoli three, someone said - didnae have a clue what he was goin' on aboot, mind - and we were on next.
We'd been drawn against Dynamo Vladivostock and shared nine goals with them in a thriller.
Unfortunately they were a wee bitty selfish and scored all nine.""

A wee bitty selfish 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 04/12/2022 at 02:16, Jambo-Fox said:

After the Texaco Cup Final in 1971 we played x6 games (or thereabouts) in the USA and some games in Canada. 

It was a big story back in the day with reports daily in the Evening News & Scotsman!!

I’m sure I have newspaper cuttings in a scrapbook in the loft in one of my many boxes filled with Hearts paraphernalia!! 

I remember this guy from the 70's on the "football specials"

For the young uns, football specials were trains (bloody cattle trucks) that were laid on for games (SC tie at Dumfies) to ferry loads of fans.

They would normally finish the journeys with tanned in windows.