Australia FIFA World Cup Superthread ( updated )

Naisys Tackle

Naisys Tackle

I'll happily update the thread title as the Aussies go through the games but thought it would be a decent go to so people know when and where to watch.

Can't see past the French but would predict 3-1.  Can't wait to see our boys in action tbh.

If any of the lads do read the forum which I would suspect they do - good luck, enjoy and we are all rooting for you lads.  Just don't get injured. 

• Naisys Tackle changed the title to Australia v France FIFA World Cup 2022 Group D Tuesday 19:00 BBC 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• RustyRightPeg

• Mikey1874

• Naisys Tackle

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Negan said:

Will be interesting to see if Devlin starts. 

Fingers crossed.  I would love to see it.  He's certainly got the energy and attitude required.

Be interesting to see if Mbappe is able to perform without the other big guns in Benzema and Kante there to help him.Mr attitude doesn't like sharing the limelight with Messi and Neymar so let's see if he can shine when they ain't there.Reckon 0-0 or a close a boring 1-0 France.

Devlin is the perfect player for going up against a much better midfield who you expect to have the vast majority of the possession in the middle 

Hope the wee man starts , he shows no fear of reputations 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Risking a bit of over dramatics perhaps, but if any of our Australian players shines tonight, there could be a big offer come the January transfer window.

Devlin if picked will do well against France, but maybe only for an hour or so.

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Devlin is the perfect player for going up against a much better midfield who you expect to have the vast majority of the possession in the middle 

Hope the wee man starts , he shows no fear of reputations 

The Aussie Kante.  

20 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Risking a bit of over dramatics perhaps, but if any of our Australian players shines tonight, there could be a big offer come the January transfer window.

Its a huge test for sure , most likely the biggest of his life , but he has raised his game and level every time he has had to . I think he would shine in this game 

11 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I'll happily update the thread title as the Aussies go through the games but thought it would be a decent go to so people know when and where to watch.

Can't see past the French but would predict 3-1.  Can't wait to see our boys in action tbh.

If any of the lads do read the forum which I would suspect they do - good luck, enjoy and we are all rooting for you lads.  Just don't get injured. 

You know that means something very different in Australia?

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

You know that means something very different in Australia?

I do now thanks but my love for them is sexual ;) 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Whenever Im rooting away , I always hum Waltzing Matilda 

That's plenty, am about to eat a fry up :lol: 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Don't think that will happen yet. 

Rowles/ Nat is still unproven in Europe even at our level and Devlin although good is still a bit behind even midfielders at the OF and would need to have a good run of form and play well in big games more than once.

Do we know who the commentators are for this one?

Just looking into it some more there are one hell of a load of mouths to feed on this jamboree...glad my licence fee isn't being spaffed up the wall.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/world-cup-2022-bbc-presenters-pundits-commentators-tv-radio#section-bbc-s-world-cup-presenters

Edited by Japan Jambo

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Dame Edna and the Doctor from Neighbours? Just a guess.

I want our 3 boys to enjoy themselves, improve from the experience and come back injury free but I could not give the slightest **** about the score.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Any time scorers.

Devlin 20s,  Atkinson 28s,  Rowles 40s.  

All done.  Had to really.  

Good value for Rowles, given he loves to get up for a corner.

First game so far I actually want to watch all of given the Hearts select (plus general representation of SPFL).

Reckon Devlin is a certain to start. Imagine if he scored!

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Just looking into it some more there are one hell of a load of mouths to feed on this jamboree...glad my licence fee isn't being spaffed up the wall.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/world-cup-2022-bbc-presenters-pundits-commentators-tv-radio#section-bbc-s-world-cup-presenters

Jonathan Pearce with Danny Murphy 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, kila said:

First game so far I actually want to watch all of given the Hearts select (plus general representation of SPFL).

Reckon Devlin is a certain to start. Imagine if he scored!

Or got red carded early, I hope he keeps the heed.

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jonathan Pearce with Danny Murphy 

I am a bit of a broken record on this but I flippin’ hate Murphy, Jenas or Savage as the co-commentator.

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Best of the 3.  All void if not starters though.

I have done Rowles 100/1 first, 100/1 last and 50/1 anytime just now on Skybet.  Corners he will be in the mix at each of them assuming he starts.  After he nearly scores the odds will plummet for the in play betting 😃😃😃

• davemclaren changed the title to Australia FIFA World Cup Superthread ( updated )