The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

Pete Elliott
5 hours ago, UchesPackage said:

prawn sanny brigade going wild in here, just yous aw sit doing your crosswords and keep your opinions to yourself. trade your season ticket for a library card. fools

Most appropriate username ever.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

John Findlay
2 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

The problem is these wee laddies don't have a clue what they're singing about, most of them weren't even born and probably should stick to singing about players and stuff they actually know about

Neither do the big/older laddies.

Wrap the IRA pish. The ultras needed the club and wider hearts fans backing to get up and running, put long standing ST holder's to another section so they can have thier own area at games. I'm all for singing and more atmosphere at the football.  But if the Halliday &  lowry IRA stuff is "hearts only, hearts songs and chants" then I'd rather throw them to Glasgow to join the fuds they obviously want hearts to be. 

Diet huns, mini rangers, tribute act etc p!sses most genuine Hearts fans off. All the union jack nonsense,  ira chants, hullo hullo etc make us look publicly as bigots, sectarian unionist ar$eholes. 

I'd love to see them go over to Ireland and Northern Ireland singing stuff they have no idea about and see how they get on.  I'm not religious regardless but who cares. Religion and Football are two polar opposites and HMFC look embarrassing bringing them together. 

Grow up.  We saved the club, own the club. Because we care about Hearts. Why not show our support in the good light we should be. Why make a fool of ourselves and have people watching us all over the world get that sh!te as thier main impression of us? 

W@nks

6 hours ago, UchesPackage said:

prawn sanny brigade going wild in here, just yous aw sit doing your crosswords and keep your opinions to yourself. trade your season ticket for a library card. fools

Only a week till the schools back, prime example of some of the bellends tagging on to hearts just now

Just now, David McCaig said:

Let's be honest here hating the IRA in this context is just a proxy for hating catholics.

This Uche poster probably thinks IRA stands for 'Inglish riting assment'

We better get back to our prawn sandwiches and library cards and leave them to it or we'll really get it.

been here before
3 minutes ago, kila said:

This Uche poster probably thinks IRA stands for 'Inglish riting assment'

We better get back to our prawn sandwiches and library cards and leave them to it or we'll really get it.

Too right.

I for one am not here to play ker-plunk tam

No Idle Talk

It's incredible that there are still people who seek to defend and justify singing about the IRA at a Hearts match. 

It is literally defending the indefensible. 

RustyRightPeg

Second song for Oda...

Yutaro Oda....you are the love of my life 

Yutaro Oda...I'd let you shag my wife...

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Moving this along a little. Can someone tell me the lyrics to the Oasis ‘she’s electric” song I heard on Saturday?

He's electric, he scores against Hibees and Celtic

He's done things I've never expected, Stevie Naismith for the ballon d'Or.

BackOfTheNet

I don’t even like prawn sandwiches. Am I eligible for my library card with a packet of prawn cocktail instead?

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I don’t even like prawn sandwiches. Am I eligible for my library card with a packet of prawn cocktail instead?

You will need to ask the crayon muncher if that is allowed do love a prawn cracker and have a kindle surely that should be OK. 😄

30 minutes ago, Wilo said:

Ta. 

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s the latter. The IRA are an irrelevance to the UK now (not to mention Edinburgh) so it’s pointless and boring.

It would be like going to an England came and giving it large about winning at Agincourt 

Yeah “1415 ya bass” … paint sprayed on walls all over Southern England and Northern France … 

“We’ll see you in Orléans if you think your hard enough”

Alas I think the NI troubles are more recent in memory and many are still suffering from there consequences!

BUT hopefully healing is ongoing and certainly there is nothing to sing or brag about - and as the wounds heal so will anger and glamorising fade away ..

Edited by Jambo-Fox

heartgarfunkel
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Wrap the IRA pish. The ultras needed the club and wider hearts fans backing to get up and running, put long standing ST holder's to another section so they can have thier own area at games. I'm all for singing and more atmosphere at the football.  But if the Halliday &  lowry IRA stuff is "hearts only, hearts songs and chants" then I'd rather throw them to Glasgow to join the fuds they obviously want hearts to be. 

Diet huns, mini rangers, tribute act etc p!sses most genuine Hearts fans off. All the union jack nonsense,  ira chants, hullo hullo etc make us look publicly as bigots, sectarian unionist ar$eholes. 

I'd love to see them go over to Ireland and Northern Ireland singing stuff they have no idea about and see how they get on.  I'm not religious regardless but who cares. Religion and Football are two polar opposites and HMFC look embarrassing bringing them together. 

Grow up.  We saved the club, own the club. Because we care about Hearts. Why not show our support in the good light we should be. Why make a fool of ourselves and have people watching us all over the world get that sh!te as thier main impression of us? 

W@nks

100/100 👍

6 hours ago, Generic Username said:

Are people actually "offended" by the mere mention of the IRA? Or is it much more likely that people are just massively exhausted hearing people sing in defence or opposition of them in 2023?

More than willing to cut these guys some slack if they're living like this 24/7 and can't answer a question from a work colleague about whether or not they want a cup of tea until they know their views on the troubles.

Football and terrorists are a very dangerous mixture. Football and religion are a dangerous mixture, inside and outside grounds. Be a great example of being a Hearts supporter and rise above the racists and bigots that have infected our country for far too long. Gorgie Rules OK.

gordon simpson
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Football and terrorists are a very dangerous mixture. Football and religion are a dangerous mixture, inside and outside grounds. Be a great example of being a Hearts supporter and rise above the racists and bigots that have infected our country for far too long. Gorgie Rules OK.

this 

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Let's be honest here hating the IRA in this context is just a proxy for hating catholics.

:spoton:

14 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Not wanting them to behave like Rangers fans does not equate to wanting them to fail.

Exactly. I want them to succeed, but not if this is the way they are going to go about it. Very disappointing, to be honest.

Scott Leitch
10 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

W@nks

😂

W@nks

Bang on. Getting called "wee huns' by scum like the Celtic support because of a shite embarassing minority of our support is frustrating. 

Get them to **** and let the real Hearts supporters get on with supporting the club they love without any of that baggage. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

W@nks

It's actually frustrating we talking about this after great 3pts at perth on Saturday 

15 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s the latter. The IRA are an irrelevance to the UK now (not to mention Edinburgh) so it’s pointless and boring.

It would be like going to an England came and giving it large about winning at Agincourt 

This nails how I feel.

10 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Spot on.  It masks a societal attitude that really has nothing to do with Hearts but Hearts provide a platform for people to spew their bigotry.  I drink in Bensons and by and large the atmosphere is great but the song sheet drifts towards IRA and hating catholics every so often especially when Celtic come calling.  I used to get angry about it but now I just drop my head and ignore it.  Why would I hate Catholics?  

Scott Leitch
14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's actually frustrating we talking about this after great 3pts at perth on Saturday 

Especially after they have already came out and said they are changing the words...

il Duce McTarkin

We need more songs about the IRA that are a proxy for anti-Catholic invective imo.

Shooter McGavin
15 hours ago, Generic Username said:

Are people actually "offended" by the mere mention of the IRA? Or is it much more likely that people are just massively exhausted hearing people sing in defence or opposition of them in 2023?

More than willing to cut these guys some slack if they're living like this 24/7 and can't answer a question from a work colleague about whether or not they want a cup of tea until they know their views on the troubles.

It’s just boring to be honest, quite cringy too.

It’s better left to grown men in Glasgow who think it’s edgy.

14 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Especially after they have already came out and said they are changing the words...

That should really be an end to it , I agree 

All roads lead to Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

That's what we want to hear, just get back to last seasons song sheet and get the whole support joining in.

Seaside Dave
11 hours ago, David McCaig said:

This is so wrong. I've Catholic friends who also hate the ira. The IRA are a terrorist illegal organisation who have killed many people all over the UK. They are a vile bunch of scumbags. You can put them up there with all the terrorist organisations who are all scumbags. 

If people want to sing a song about a player from the club and that they hate the ira im all for it. As I for one hate them 

Shooter McGavin
8 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

This is so wrong. I've Catholic friends who also hate the ira. The IRA are a terrorist illegal organisation who have killed many people all over the UK. They are a vile bunch of scumbags. You can put them up there with all the terrorist organisations who are all scumbags. 

If people want to sing a song about a player from the club and that they hate the ira im all for it. As I for one hate them 

It’s a bit silly though cause y’know, it’s Scottish football… in 2023…?

Hardly relevant is it?

11 hours ago, Wilo said:

I forgot all about that, that was a 2018/19 season chant iirc

The Wrinkly Ninja
29 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

You go beyond not bothering about it, or not minding it to being all for it?

You are all for a club approved group singing about the IRA to try and get behind a football team in Scotland in 2023?

You really believe it’s relevant? 

We were a bit too Khmer Rouge hatey in the first half and needed to inject a bit more IRA ire down the left side so brought on Lowry?

The Wrinkly Ninja
16 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I forgot all about that, that was a 2018/19 season chant iirc

Got an outing on Saturday too.

Stendelnator
42 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Al Qaeda and ISIS have also killed British citizens more recently than the IRA. Could you please come up with some songs that reference them in a context you find relevant to Scottish football in 2023? Thanks in advance 

David McCaig
37 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

If this is what occupies your mind at a football game you need serious medical help!!!

On a broader scale, I would expect that most right minded people across the country hate the IRA as they would any terrorist organisation and this would include people such as myself who 100% believe in a United Ireland.

However, it is wholly disingenuous to suggest that the bigoted Neanderthals singing this song are delivering a searing political analysis of the 20th century UK.  Surely if these morons truly hated terrorist activity they would be updating their intellectual songbook to critique 21st century threats such as ISIS.

But back in the real world even the pond scum singing these songs know that singing Andy Halliday hates catholics would be beyond the pale and therefore IRA becomes a proxy for their real intentions.

Anyone defending these songs is a bigot end of story.

12 hours ago, David McCaig said:

You say that like it’s a bad thing. 

44 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Absolute garbage, it is 100% about hating catholics. If you want to sing that shite then ibrox is calling

Seaside Dave
51 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It’s a bit silly though cause y’know, it’s Scottish football… in 2023…?

Hardly relevant is it?

Hardly relevant singing a song about a hearts player and mentioning hating the IRA cause it fits with the song ? All for it. I can hate on terrorists at home at football at church at work. It's very relevant to hate all terrorists. Sing about it if you want. 

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You say that like it’s a bad thing. 

Seriously?  Presumably this is just a really bad attempt at humour?

Seaside Dave
25 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Al Qaeda and ISIS have also killed British citizens more recently than the IRA. Could you please come up with some songs that reference them in a context you find relevant to Scottish football in 2023? Thanks in advance 

Last claimed ira attack was when they attempted to murder a police officer infront of kids while he was putting footballs in his boots after being at his son's football. No issues if someone comes up with a tune that includes those other animals aswell tbh 

Seaside Dave
25 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Absolute garbage, it is 100% about hating catholics. If you want to sing that shite then ibrox is calling

Not how life works in afraid. You can hate all terrorist organisations and still stay away from Ibrox. You realise there's a difference between an Irish republican and a Catholic yea? 

Ffs can we not move on from this? It's 3 days later near enough. It was one chant that didn't go down well with a number of the support & it's been rectified by the ultras on their official social media channel, that should be the end of the matter. Stop biting to each other & hijacking the thread, just move past it, the atmosphere looked fantastic at the game, we had a great win, one ill advised chant amongst dozens of great ones doesn't need to dominate the discourse.

Seaside Dave
29 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

If this is what occupies your mind at a football game you need serious medical help!!!

On a broader scale, I would expect that most right minded people across the country hate the IRA as they would any terrorist organisation and this would include people such as myself who 100% believe in a United Ireland.

However, it is wholly disingenuous to suggest that the bigoted Neanderthals singing this song are delivering a searing political analysis of the 20th century UK.  Surely if these morons truly hated terrorist activity they would be updating their intellectual songbook to critique 21st century threats such as ISIS.

But back in the real world even the pond scum singing these songs know that singing Andy Halliday hates catholics would be beyond the pale and therefore IRA becomes a proxy for their real intentions.

Anyone defending these songs is a bigot end of story.

No mate I attend hearts matches to support my club. If there's a song about a player and it includes hating a terrorist organisation I've no issue. Hating the IRA or any other terrorist organisation doesn't make you a bigot. 

Ps Andy halliday also has Catholic friends 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Seaside Dave said:

No mate I attend hearts matches to support my club. If there's a song about a player and it includes hating a terrorist organisation I've no issue. Hating the IRA or any other terrorist organisation doesn't make you a bigot. 

Ps Andy halliday also has Catholic friends 

You are a very weird bigoted human being!!

Shooter McGavin
13 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Hardly relevant singing a song about a hearts player and mentioning hating the IRA cause it fits with the song ? All for it. I can hate on terrorists at home at football at church at work. It's very relevant to hate all terrorists. Sing about it if you want. 

Can’t tell whether you’re a troll, or just genuinely mental.

• davemclaren changed the title to The Hearts Ultras ( merged )