The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

Boyces beard

Think the Ultras are a great addition and its superb now that they have there own section. My son loves marching to the games along side them and enjoys the spectacle created outside the match and also during the match.

I would just like to point out though that Tynecastle has always been one of the best grounds for atmosphere and is regularly voted the best away day in Scottish football by opposition fans. 

Its up to the players to get the fans going with there performance on the pitch. The 4-0 Celtic game at Tynecastle, the games during the Championship winning season with hibs and rangers in the league and even going back to the European run ending with the Bayern game at Tynecastle in the late 80's. The atmosphere was electric at these games because the team performed and gave the fans the ammunition to create a cauldron of noise and passion.

It will help the atmosphere without doubt having our own Ultras but if the team don't perform on the park then were just gonna have folk repeating the same old sweetie rustlers/prawn sandwich brigade pish that get spouted at the moment.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

Stupid Sexy Flanders

HMFC, The only team for you and me, the only team we want to see...

What's the last line? 

And what's the other new one? Help a brother out with some lyrics!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

apologies to the ultras if this isn’t an ultras song but the Andy Halliday / Alex Lowry song is cringey af

had It’s day with Kyle lafferty - upset the “snowflakes” too so for that short period of time it was (very arguably) fine

attaching it to Andy Halliday is just about do-able but just anyone with anything to do with rangers (ie Alex Lowry) is embarrassing imo

it’s a really good song but the ira lyrics need replaced - just about worked for a short time with big Kyle but that times gone now

im surprised there’s not been an “outraged from kickback” specific thread on it

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

apologies to the ultras if this isn’t an ultras song but the Andy Halliday / Alex Lowry song is cringey af

had It’s day with Kyle lafferty - upset the “snowflakes” too so for that short period of time it was (very arguably) fine

attaching it to Andy Halliday is just about do-able but just anyone with anything to do with rangers (ie Alex Lowry) is embarrassing imo

it’s a really good song but the ira lyrics need replaced - just about worked for a short time with big Kyle but that times gone now

im surprised there’s not been an “outraged from kickback” specific thread on it

I also found it a bit cringey and disappointing. The sheer desperation for some people to cling to a period of time that most people in Northern Ireland want to move past and forget about is really quite sad imo. 

21 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

I also found it a bit cringey and disappointing. The sheer desperation for some people to cling to a period of time that most people in Northern Ireland want to move past and forget about is really quite sad imo. 

Yip - arseholes singing it actually have no idea about reality. I know we slag off plastic paddys but maybe we need to add plastic huns  

fabienleclerq
8 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

HMFC, The only team for you and me, the only team we want to see...

What's the last line? 

And what's the other new one? Help a brother out with some lyrics!

And that's the way we'll always be e e e e e e!

There was a couple I don't know though, e.g the oh ah one.

Personally doesn’t bother me but singing about the IRA will be their downfall. They can’t stay away from it. Loads of people on Twitter commenting on it too and they get met with comments like “I hate hearts fans sometimes”. Or called snowflakes. They knew that song would cause controversy so just change the words to it, FFS. And stop saying you hate other hearts fans, we all support the same team for god sake. I support the guys and want them to do well but causing divides after 1 game isn’t great. 

Looking forward to seeing what they bring on Sunday but please just stop the IRA nonsense as it’s clearly upsetting too many people. 

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

Was on a matter of time for this to happen. I can’t get my head round the mentality of folk. 

Nelly Terraces

56 Year old veteran of The Shed days here. Despite me having absolutely no ‘effing clue as to what they’re singing half the time, these young guys deserve a medal for the noise & atmos they’re creating. I was there yesterday & as per their backing was top notch.

WELL DONE LADS, TAKE A BOW. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

56 Year old veteran of The Shed days here. Despite me having absolutely no ‘effing clue as to what they’re singing half the time, these young guys deserve a medal for the noise & atmos they’re creating. I was there yesterday & as per their backing was top notch.

Agree but bin the the 3 letter acronym IRA from the vocabulary. Just don’t include it. It creates a divide in the support. Its easy to do 

Nelly Terraces
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Agree but bin the the 3 letter acronym IRA from the vocabulary. Just don’t include it. It creates a divide in the support. Its easy to do 

Yeah mate, I was kinda surprised to hear that, disappointing as they’ve made a really conscious effort to avoid that cringey west coast shite.

On a more personal note, I’ve been away with my wife on holiday in Europe for a month & hearing any any reference to that sort of thing depressed the life outta me about Scotland tbh.

Embarrassing signing about the IRA in this day and age. 
I like what the ultras bring to the atmosphere but that shite can get in the bin. 

ToadKiller Dog

The Ultras have been avoiding the ugly sisters stich ,it's more likely as they grow the halfwit type hangers on will move by them, more so in larger away crowds.

I'm sure the Ultras if they want can drown out the crap out of time noise .

36 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Although it has nothing to do with football I would think that most people have a serious dislike for the ira

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The Ultras have been avoiding the ugly sisters stich ,it's more likely as they grow the halfwit type hangers on will move by them, more so in larger away crowds.

I'm sure the Ultras if they want can drown out the crap out of time noise .

Not so much when one of the more prominent members of the group is on social media taking pops at people who’re criticising the song. 

1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

Not so much when one of the more prominent members of the group is on social media taking pops at people who’re criticising the song. 

Yeah I think he maybe needs to delete some of his posts and have a rethink. Hearts have been good enough to give them a section on a trial basis and one game into the season their main guy is already causing arguments with fellow fans online and backing the IRA nonsense 😞 

Pete Elliott
4 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

If it’s the same individual I’m thinking of then he posted on here that he coaches kids. God knows what bile he’s filling young impressionable minds with.

1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

If it’s the same individual I’m thinking of then he posted on here that he coaches kids. God knows what bile he’s filling young impressionable minds with.

He’s probably not filling their heads with any bile tbf. Folk like singing songs they consider a bit edgy at the football and rarely carry that into the rest of their life.  In saying all that, the political and religious stuff should be confined to the bin. 

AlphonseCapone

Singing about the IRA in 2023 😂 ohhhh so edgy lads, what's next, singing about the USSR. 

4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

I think I know who you mean . Is he a part of the Ultras ? I am not sure about that mate 

43 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I am similar to you mate have praised these guys to the hilt there away support is brilliant love what they are doing. But as a former serviceman who had to check my car every morning for 3 years  when serving in Germany for bombs and had fellow colleagues killed by the IRA in Holland. I do not want to hear hearts fans signing about them. The troubles are over and loads of innocent people lost there lives on both sides. It is time to leave any hate in the past where it belongs. It is a great song just drop the IRA bit please. I know Corbett reads through kickback have a word mate if you can. Do not want what you guys are doing to be ruined by a few uneducated fools. 

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Behave.

He's sang a song at the football ffs no need for bringing anything else into it.

ToadKiller Dog
13 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Didn't know that as avoid most other social media , not good for them.

Problem needs sorted internally amongst them as they could loose the goodwill they have from the club and other supporters .

Scott Leitch

The ultras were late getting into the game. Before they got in the whole Hearts end were singing the Billy boys. Where's the outrage about that? 

1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

The ultras were late getting into the game. Before they got in the whole Hearts end were singing the Billy boys. Where's the outrage about that? 

Two wrongs do not make a right pal. Sure if you want we can get you some outrage for that song as well👍 Got in late never heard any that song but if so please guys stop that also.

ColinSmith1255
2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

The whole Hearts end were not singing the Billy Boys but a fair few were. I was in the main stand and the guy in front of me with his two kids was up to his knees in fenian blood. What chance do the kids have with a father singing that?

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, jtkb said:

Two wrongs do not make a right pal. Sure if you want we can get you some outrage for that song as well👍 Got in late never heard any that song but if so please guys stop that also.

Point I'm making is if people want to start having a go at the Ultras for a song which is pretty harmless then where's the outrage for the whole end singing about fenians which I would say is offensive.

It seems it's not just certain members of the Hearts board that want them to fail. 

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

The whole Hearts end were not singing the Billy Boys but a fair few were. I was in the main stand and the guy in front of me with his two kids was up to his knees in fenian blood. What chance do the kids have with a father singing that?

It was one of the loudest songs of the day. 

kingantti1874

It’s still funny that people get so offended about a song about their wee pretend sky fairy or song about politics in a foreign county.  

I’m not defending singing it btw before I’m criticised given it’s all a lot of shite I find it absolutely pointless .

But actual grown adults the vast majority of whom break every single rule as set out in the books of their made up messiah’s and haven’t seen the inside of a church since they were about 5 🤣 oh I’m sooooo offended.  Pathetic

Edited by kingantti1874

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Point I'm making is if people want to start having a go at the Ultras for a song which is pretty harmless then where's the outrage for the whole end singing about fenians which I would say is offensive.

It seems it's not just certain members of the Hearts board that want them to fail. 

I was also late in so didn’t hear the billy boys

that ira song is embarrassing tho

all those songs have had their day and some are nastier than the Ira one but none are as cringey

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s still funny that people get so offended about a song about their wee pretend sky fairy or song about politics in a foreign county.  

I’m not defending singing it btw before I’m ciroticsed given it’s all a lot of shite I find it absolutely pointless .

But actual grown adults the vast majority of whom break every single rule as set out in the books of their made up messiah’s and haven’t seen the inside of a church since they were about 5 🤣 oh I’m sooooo offended.  Pathetic

Yip pretty much where I am. 

Scott Leitch
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I was also late in so didn’t hear the billy boys

that ira song is embarrassing tho

all those songs have had their day and some are nastier than the Ira one but none are as cringey

😂

You realise how stupid that sounds?

6 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Behave yourself have said many times I love these guys and want nothing more them to be successful.  Look we all make mistakes it is idiots who do not learn from them. 

I think they will always be under more scrutiny because they get a privileged position in the support with their own section , and other fans even moved to accommodate them . The scrutiny comes with the territory . Not saying it is right or fair , but by being an official fans group they do have to avoid that stuff like the plague . Sadly the drunken da mentioned above will probably never to worry about complying to the same standards , unless he sets them on his embarrassing self 

Libertarian
On 31/07/2023 at 19:59, Poseidon said:

I hope it works in X but N was great last season with them in amongst us

Good luck to the Ultras, however the lower Section X is far too small for the numbers who will want to participate in the Ultras section. The club would have been better giving the lads and lassies an entire upper and lower section 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

😂

You realise how stupid that sounds?

no mate but then I’m probably not on your level intellectually so I’ll try to learn from it

Pasquale for King

I think the Ultras are doing a great job but the whole support need to give up the Billy Boys or songs about the IRA, Its 2023 after all. 

Scott Leitch
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

no mate but then I’m probably not on your level intellectually so I’ll try to learn from it

Good lad.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Good luck to the Ultras, however the lower Section X is far too small for the numbers who will want to participate in the Ultras section. The club would have been better giving the lads and lassies an entire upper and lower section 

Definitely, an upper section would help the noise be heard around the ground more easily. 

August Landmesser
39 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Although it has nothing to do with football I would think that most people have a serious dislike for the ira

Depends which people you ask. 

7 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Don't get the outrage with a song about a gladgow gangster.!!  Great rousing song sung by many clubs. Sing gorgie boys and drop fenian then no problem. To be honest   a lot of the people on here complaining gad probably written their message on Friday and had to wait until after the game to post

Unless he’d played for Hearts why would we sing about a Glasgow anything?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Good lad.

was only joking mate and appears I over-estimated your intellect :lol: albeit by a negligible amount

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Don't get the outrage with a song about a gladgow gangster.!!  Great rousing song sung by many clubs. Sing gorgie boys and drop fenian then no problem. To be honest   a lot of the people on here complaining gad probably written their message on Friday and had to wait until after the game to post

So Its ok to sing about being the gorgie version of a gangster from the 1930s, be up to our knees in Hibee blood and sing about terrorists from 40 years ago? At a football match in 2023 with a fan base made up of a lot of woman, kids and impressionable teenagers? 
Dont get me wrong Ive sung all these songs and still come out with some brainless horrible things at games but **** me this nonsense needs left behind. 

Boyces beard
38 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Yeah I think he maybe needs to delete some of his posts and have a rethink. Hearts have been good enough to give them a section on a trial basis and one game into the season their main guy is already causing arguments with fellow fans online and backing the IRA nonsense 😞 

If that's the case then they are ****ed. Shame really.

Scott Leitch
3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

was only joking mate and appears I over-estimated your intellect :lol: albeit by a negligible amount

Great user name by the way. Minds me of back from the brink 

Pete Elliott
38 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Behave.

He's sang a song at the football ffs no need for bringing anything else into it.

His previous and current social media suggests otherwise.

If you’re going to post/sing/behave like a knuckle-dragging yob then don’t be surprised if you get called out for it. I’m sure he’s thick enough skinned under all his UJ tattoos.

• davemclaren changed the title to The Hearts Ultras ( merged )