The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

Fire_At_The_Disco

The club now has a real presence in the stands, home and away. But we still have folk calling them dicks…..it’s u lot that are the dicks tbh, sitting there like wee entitled school weans. The Gorgie are here to stay and I like it ….songs, pyro n all. 

Edited by Fire_At_The_Disco

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

2 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

The club now has a real presence in the stands, home and away. But we still have folk calling them dicks…..it’s u lot that are the dicks tbh, sitting there like wee entitled school weans. The Gorgie are here to stay and I like it ….songs, pyro n 

100% , hope everyone can join in with it as I am sick of lack of atmosphere at Tynecastle. The club are trying with the light shows etc before games but we all just sit. Hey jude before kick off should have a mass twirly but no just a few.. we need to ****ing start backing this team from before kickoff.

Great atmosphere tonight.  Anyone moaning at them is a feckin clown.  Too many snobs in our support unfortunately who would rather sit in silence for 90 minutes 

Jambof3tornado

If you are going to throw pyros gonna try and not hit our own keeper fer fek sakes!!

Who was the guy in the brown shoes that called clancy over to inspect the melted plastic? Was he trying to claim the game should ve stopped??

11 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Great atmosphere tonight.  Anyone moaning at them is a feckin clown.  Too many snobs in our support unfortunately who would rather sit in silence for 90 minutes 

Load of shite. The only issue is throwing pyros on the pitch. Who is comp!aining about the singing? Why would they? It's terrific.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If you are going to throw pyros gonna try and not hit our own keeper fer fek sakes!!

Who was the guy in the brown shoes that called clancy over to inspect the melted plastic? Was he trying to claim the game should ve stopped??

The jobsworth was getting pelters when he was walking back😂 

Just back thought the support was brilliant tonight pyros are just part of football now serves Hamilton right for having a plastic pitch shouldn’t be allowed the ultras were amazing tonight never stopped sing can’t wait for Motherwell away 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Couldn't go tonight but they sounded great on the box. Keep the numbers growing, it makes such a difference to the enjoyment of our games.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

100% , hope everyone can join in with it as I am sick of lack of atmosphere at Tynecastle. The club are trying with the light shows etc before games but we all just sit. Hey jude before kick off should have a mass twirly but no just a few.. we need to ****ing start backing this team from before kickoff.

I’m that wrapped up by the time I get my scarf off to twirl it its too late 😆. Need to take two scarves again 🤦🏽

I have to say that I love hearing the young hearts fans crank up the atmosphere at games . I would love to get involved and sing my heart out. However I am over 70 years old and have supported hearts for over 60 years, just like thousands of others who go to games every week. I hope there is sympathy around for us not joining in but sometimes it’s an effort just to climb the stands into our seats. Please don’t think we’re any less supportive of your efforts and believe me I love the new atmosphere just don’t expect me to join in - my kids and grandkids would never live it down.

Couple of songs before the minutes silence were really loud on TV, the Hearts song in particular was amazing.

After the silence, didn't seem so loud, maybe the TV turned down the sound, either way well done troops keep up the good work 🙂

Just now, campbell said:

Do we have to pay for the damage? 

I suspect we could be hit with hefty bill for "damage" to pitch.  Noticed guy pointing it out to ref so it will be in his report.   Grass grows back, astro needs replaced. 

Love the support but screw the nut with the flares. 

Problem with the pyros is that they stop play.  Both times we scored tonight everyone, players and fans, are right up for it and then, because of pyros, we have a 2-3 minute delay in the game. Momentum completely lost.  
In a different scenario we are 1 down to OF in final, we score, so much energy from both players and fans, then 2-3 minute delay allows OF to regroup whilst at same time our Momentum is lost.  Self-harming at its worst. Need to cut it out  lads. 

10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I suspect we could be hit with hefty bill for "damage" to pitch.  Noticed guy pointing it out to ref so it will be in his report.   Grass grows back, astro needs replaced. 

Why though? There is no strict liability in Scotland so why would hearts be made to pay it? Sure it’s on the individual to be charged/fined 

1 hour ago, Badonde said:

I think the moans are about the odd knob damaging pitches and Hearts getting billed for it. No one (I hope) is moaning about the atmosphere being generated. I don’t even mind the pyro. Just keep it off the pitch.

We watched in Mather's but no sound on.Well done lads if you were singing throughout as that was a pretty hard watch to keep an atmosphere going.Comfortable win but not particularly exciting.

12 minutes ago, campbell said:

Why though? There is no strict liability in Scotland so why would hearts be made to pay it? Sure it’s on the individual to be charged/fined 

It’s an agreement between all clubs that’s been in place for years. Any damage caused by an away support is covered by the away club. Quite rightly IMO. Obviously if an individual gets identified for damage at an away ground, they’re probably getting a lifetime ban, again quite rightly IMO. There is just no need and no justification for it.

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s an agreement between all clubs that’s been in place for years. Any damage caused by an away support is covered by the away club. Quite rightly IMO. Obviously if an individual gets identified for damage at an away ground, they’re probably getting a lifetime ban, again quite rightly IMO. There is just no need and no justification for it.

Not like you to be whining.

1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Gorgie rules ya bass 

……..     and always will ♥️♥️♥️♥️

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

How do we know it was the ultras? 

Because a number of people saw where it came from?  First one landed within a few yards of our own goalie. What's the point? Just delays the game. Simpletons... 

1 hour ago, euan 10 said:

Just back thought the support was brilliant tonight pyros are just part of football now serves Hamilton right for having a plastic pitch shouldn’t be allowed the ultras were amazing tonight never stopped sing can’t wait for Motherwell away 

😂😂 Is your IQ 10 or is it your age? It's Hamiltons fault for having a plastic pitch that was damaged by aholes throwing pyros on the pitch. Great support tonight but more cost for us, momentum lost waiting 5 minutes for Hamilton staff to sort it. Stupid behaviour. Adds nothing to the atmosphere and just makes our support look like ******s 

The thought of going back to the usual diet of Hearts song, Europe song, hullo hullo and silence thereafter doesn’t bear thinking about. Anyone that’s been keeping up with the group knows they have been discouraging pyro in the ground so I’m sure they’ll be able to sort it among themselves. Tonight once again showed the potential if we can get them in one section back in Gorgie. Loved watching from that gazebo.

2 minutes ago, SM8 said:

The thought of going back to the usual diet of Hearts song, Europe song, hullo hullo and silence thereafter doesn’t bear thinking about. Anyone that’s been keeping up with the group knows they have been discouraging pyro in the ground so I’m sure they’ll be able to sort it among themselves. Tonight once again showed the potential if we can get them in one section back in Gorgie. Loved watching from that gazebo.

Great post and I agree 100%

The fact that there hasn't been one rendition of Hello Hello even at Easter Road is brilliant 

2 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Great post and I agree 100%

The fact that there hasn't been one rendition of Hello Hello even at Easter Road is brilliant 

Aye, I heard one half hearted attempt tonight in the ‘temporary’ stand near the end but it fizzled. It feels like people only ever sung it because they had nothing else to sing. Been very different since the GU boys came up with theirs 

2 hours ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

The club now has a real presence in the stands, home and away. But we still have folk calling them dicks…..it’s u lot that are the dicks tbh, sitting there like wee entitled school weans. The Gorgie are here to stay and I like it ….songs, pyro n all. 

Nobody is calling the Ultras 'dicks'. Or complaining that we have a 'presence' in the stands. Some folk are - rightly - saying that throwing pyro on to the pitch is dick behaviour. Get it right.

50 minutes ago, SM8 said:

I hope that's true. 🙂

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes so it’s an agreement that’s it, that’s what I was asking really whether there was a legal side to it or just what common place, I agree we should pay if caused by our “fans” 

3 hours ago, Tatlock said:

I have to say that I love hearing the young hearts fans crank up the atmosphere at games . I would love to get involved and sing my heart out. However I am over 70 years old and have supported hearts for over 60 years, just like thousands of others who go to games every week. I hope there is sympathy around for us not joining in but sometimes it’s an effort just to climb the stands into our seats. Please don’t think we’re any less supportive of your efforts and believe me I love the new atmosphere just don’t expect me to join in - my kids and grandkids would never live it down.

What about your nephews? I’m not buying into this auld yin, get yourself up to section G and let your lungs do the singing 😜 only kidding uncle B you have done us proud 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 Mon the ultras 😁

5 hours ago, campbell said:

Remember who we're dealing with, the SFA, who along with the SPFL have rumbling on about punishing clubs for flare throwing. 

Not been slow in past with punishments for club/individuals. 

25 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Remember who we're dealing with, the SFA, who along with the SPFL have rumbling on about punishing clubs for flare throwing. 

Not been slow in past with punishments for club/individuals. 

A very easy and inexpensive fix as cut out the burnt mark then glue a new section in place. Great atmosphere from the young lads and singing more new catchy tunes. Contrast this to the moaners and boo boys getting more voiceferous in the brief spell Hamilton got on top. 

6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I seriously doubt if you’d get a lifetime ban for throwing a smoke bomb. There’s a lot of them about these days. Are there any examples of someone getting a ban like that. 

On 20/11/2022 at 02:16, No Idle Talk said:

I'm 47yo so I'm a wee bit auld for the ultras scene. I've observed this scene happening at Celtic and Rangers over the last few years and, frankly, thought it was all a bit wank. I've felt it was wank because I remember being at Tynecastle in the 80's and the atmosphere was tremendous. No ultras. Just Hearts fans.

I suppose times move on. The atmosphere at Tynecastle for your average home fixture against St Mirren, Ross County, Kilmarnock etc isn't always what it could be. So I'm slowly coming around to the way of thinking that this 'Ultras' movement isn't a bad thing. I'd rather have some ultras giving it beans than Tynecastle being a bit of a morgue on match day. 

It's probably a generational thing. I just think fans should turn up and sing songs without the need for an 'ultra' movement. But maybe those days have gone?

Respect to the young crew who love the Jambos enough to jump up and down and sing for 90mins non stop. I love that and we need that energy.

Just curious to know what people's thoughts in general are on this subject?

I think they are a breath of fresh air as you say it used to be fantastic in the 80s. 
It’s the same everywhere now, I was at old Trafford few weeks back the atmosphere was horrendous. You could hear a pin drop !!

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Being pedantic here but it wasn't a flare. 2 very different things a flare and a smoke bomb. 

• davemclaren changed the title to The Hearts Ultras ( merged )