St.Mirren 205

Livingston 201

Ross County 192 St.Johnstone 184

Celtic 168

Dundee Utd 166

Rangers 166

Aberdeen 152

Hearts 151

We seem to have received a hell of a lot of cards despite putting in the fewest fouls!!

28 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

SPFL Premiership Fouls Committed 22/23 Season As at 14/11/22

Motherwell 217

Hibs 214

Kilmarnock 206

St.Mirren 205

Livingston 201

Celtic 168

Dundee Utd 166

Rangers 166

Aberdeen 152

Hearts 151

We seem to have received a hell of a lot of cards despite putting in the fewest fouls!!

Think we’re actually quite low down the card table. It’s the red ones that are killing us!

The Goalscoring Knee
31 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Motherwell 217

Hibs 214

Kilmarnock 206

St.Mirren 205

Livingston 201

Celtic 168

Dundee Utd 166

Rangers 166

Aberdeen 152

Hearts 151

We've got the fewest yellows - only 20 - while the likes of Motherwell (40) and Hubz (35) are showing what Corinthian-spirited sorts they are. It's the second yellows and reds where we're suffering.

EDIT: Just seen DS98 beat me to it

Edited by The Goalscoring Knee

31 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Motherwell 217

Hibs 214

Kilmarnock 206

St.Mirren 205

Livingston 201

Celtic 168

Dundee Utd 166

Rangers 166

Aberdeen 152

Hearts 151

Can you do the Yellow/Red cards per team to those fouls committed? 

The Goalscoring Knee

Wasn't there a table showing the number of fouls committed per card for each team?

Bet I know how that shakes out if there is one

2 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Wasn't there a table showing the number of fouls committed per card for each team?

ABACFF96-69AD-479C-95C8-26574A3FFF26.thumb.jpeg.5708b775fd90e0f5304e33fff8c1ece7.jpeg

The Goalscoring Knee
3 minutes ago, King prawn said:
8 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

ABACFF96-69AD-479C-95C8-26574A3FFF26.thumb.jpeg.5708b775fd90e0f5304e33fff8c1ece7.jpeg

👍. I'm sure I remember seeing a table that showed Celtic, I think, committed more far fouls before a card was waved at one of their players, but maybe I'm mistaken.

50 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

SPFL Premiership Fouls per Card 22/23 Season As at 14/11/22 Celtic 6.5

Hibs 5.6

Aberdeen 5.4

Livingston 5.3

Dundee Utd 5.2

Kilmarnock 5.2

Rangers 5.2

Ross County 5.1

Motherwell 4.9

St.Mirren 4.8

Hearts 4.7

St.Johnstone 3.6

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs 5.6

Aberdeen 5.4

Livingston 5.3

Dundee Utd 5.2

Kilmarnock 5.2

Rangers 5.2

Ross County 5.1

Motherwell 4.9

St.Mirren 4.8

Hearts 4.7

St.Johnstone 3.6

Well who'd have thought it?

The Goalscoring Knee
7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs 5.6

Aberdeen 5.4

Livingston 5.3

Dundee Utd 5.2

Kilmarnock 5.2

Rangers 5.2

Ross County 5.1

Motherwell 4.9

St.Mirren 4.8

Hearts 4.7

St.Johnstone 3.6

Cheers, CJ.

I'm shocked and stunned 😉

10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs 5.6

Aberdeen 5.4

Livingston 5.3

Dundee Utd 5.2

Kilmarnock 5.2

Rangers 5.2

Ross County 5.1

Motherwell 4.9

St.Mirren 4.8

Hearts 4.7

St.Johnstone 3.6

Thanks, no surprises at all.

St. JOhnstone must be feeling a bit miffed at these stats.     Only marginally more fouls per match than Celtic, but almost double the number of yellows

Hubz getting away with murder as usual

2nd highest number of fouls

3rd highest fouls per match

so one of the dirtiest teams in the league

but....

2nd highest fouls per card

lowest red cards

and playing against 10 men most weeks.

All seems fair and reasonable ....not!!

2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Not committed enough to the cause. Robbie oot. Budge oot. Hearty Harry oot.

What does this add to the conversation? Not relevant at all and pretty pathetic. Maybe address the OPs point about why our red card stats are high while our foul count is low? 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

St. JOhnstone must be feeling a bit miffed at these stats.     Only marginally more fouls per match than Celtic, but almost double the number of yellows

They don't wear green and white hoops.

PS My quoting problem seems to have gone.  Hooray!

Amazing to see us receive less yellows than the arses after a decent bunch of games. 

I can't see that being condoned much longer. 

The Celtic letter writers will be absolutely spewing about these stats.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Ex member of the SaS

Not into conspiracy theories but the team most likely to challenge either of the bigot twins will receive the most damaging cards( red ). Ourselves and Livingstone ( punching above their weight but probably not going to last to the end is a strange one though ) have the most as they see us as a threat. It becomes clearer when you see the ref's we get and how many 50/50's go our way.

13 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs 5.6

Aberdeen 5.4

Livingston 5.3

Dundee Utd 5.2

Kilmarnock 5.2

Rangers 5.2

Ross County 5.1

Motherwell 4.9

St.Mirren 4.8

Hearts 4.7

St.Johnstone 3.6

NUmbers are closer than I've seen them, was there not one season where we were all around the 5/6 mark and Celtic were well in to double figures?

I think our game earlier in the season Celtic could have had 2 or 3 on early yellows who never received them, but we ended up with 9 men both to second yellows, which were technically correct if harsh calls.  But that's the issue we always face, we're reffed "correctly" they're not.  But then Sportscene etc will only focus on the decisions which ARE made.

What i will say is the general number is so low.  I mean St J, a yellow for every 3.6 fouls.  Is that just the way the game is headed, i guess??

Of interest to me, but no idea how to check it, what is our record for red cards in a season??  We must be on track....

Not a dirty team in the slightest either.  Discipline was superb last season.  Wonder if its a side effect of the injuries etc - ie bit of inexperience and panic... (plus 2 or 3 pretty harsh reds imo, as I say technically not ones to be overturned, but if the ref gives a yellow or nowt, it doesn't even make the highlights)

Some penalty stats.... there are only 11 teams listed in the 'penalties Conceded' table... because the team in question hasn't given any away as yet. Anyone guess who?

...gotta say, more than a little stunned at smelltics penalty stats. Whoda thunk it!

pens.jpg

Edited by Rogue Daddy

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

NUmbers are closer than I've seen them, was there not one season where we were all around the 5/6 mark and Celtic were well in to double figures?

I think our game earlier in the season Celtic could have had 2 or 3 on early yellows who never received them, but we ended up with 9 men both to second yellows, which were technically correct if harsh calls.  But that's the issue we always face, we're reffed "correctly" they're not.  But then Sportscene etc will only focus on the decisions which ARE made.

What i will say is the general number is so low.  I mean St J, a yellow for every 3.6 fouls.  Is that just the way the game is headed, i guess??

Of interest to me, but no idea how to check it, what is our record for red cards in a season??  We must be on track....

Not a dirty team in the slightest either.  Discipline was superb last season.  Wonder if its a side effect of the injuries etc - ie bit of inexperience and panic... (plus 2 or 3 pretty harsh reds imo, as I say technically not ones to be overturned, but if the ref gives a yellow or nowt, it doesn't even make the highlights)

2 previous seasons BigO... they were out on their own with 11 fouls per yellow (at the end of the season(s).... give them time!

BTW, are these stats available in other countries (ie can some mug go find them please?)?

Interesting to see if the team at the top generally in same boat as Celtic.

Makes sense in a way.  If St J defend deep, a lot of the fouls they commit will be in "dangerous" positions so more likely to be yellow.  Celtic will commit their fouls in the opposition half.  Not excusing it as they should stil be yellows when they're deliberate (shirt tugs, cynical clips etc) but it'll explain it.

You only need go back to the cup final to see the difference.  How many fouls did Tavernier commit in the first half?  No yellow.  Then was it Haring got booked for his first foul very early in the game.  No worse than any of Tavernier's.  It's blatant to be honest

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

BTW, are these stats available in other countries (ie can some mug go find them please?)?

Interesting to see if the team at the top generally in same boat as Celtic.

Makes sense in a way.  If St J defend deep, a lot of the fouls they commit will be in "dangerous" positions so more likely to be yellow.  Celtic will commit their fouls in the opposition half.  Not excusing it as they should stil be yellows when they're deliberate (shirt tugs, cynical clips etc) but it'll explain it.

You only need go back to the cup final to see the difference.  How many fouls did Tavernier commit in the first half?  No yellow.  Then was it Haring got booked for his first foul very early in the game.  No worse than any of Tavernier's.  It's blatant to be honest

https://spfl.co.uk/stats-centre

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/SC1

...I posted the Celtic fouls per yellow stats on here last season... lifted straight off the SPFL's own website.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We've had a few last man ones, and in Europe.  

Think we have to be smarter ourselves though, some of the other challenges have been needless and in the opposition half