***Offishul Qatar World Cup 2022 Thread***

Cade

Carried on between players into stand and press interviews. 

Even Messi got involved. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I couldn't give a shiny shit how likable the players are. They play for England and I want them hammered. 

They are a decent bunch btw 👍

If you lived in France, Notts, I reckon you may have a slightly different (very slightly) viewpoint on this.

Anyhow, I’ve no desire to fall out with you over this.  

Enjoy the game, whichever way it goes.

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Really fancy England to win this. Their squad depth is incredible and the last few tournaments have given them the experience and belief they previously lacked. 

Me too, Paul. 👍

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It's the only viewpoint I'm afraid. 

The players have done some great stuff away from football but I can recognise that and still want to them get beat on the park. 

Yeah I understand why you and many others share that.  I disagree though but I've always had an abnormal way of wanting England to do well when we don't qualify.  Same as Italy. 

Maroon Sailor
27 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

apparently it kicked off again after this. not a very likeable mob.

Argentina.jpg

That's out of order

ColinSmith1255
25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Thanks.  👍

I didn’t really understand his post either..

Not understanding my post says more about you than me. Where are you coming home to? Scotland? England or somewhere in between?

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If you lived in France, Notts, I reckon you may have a slightly different (very slightly) viewpoint on this.

I don't live in France, but I'm 100% sure I would support them against England. Just how I was brought up. Its only football. 

ColinSmith1255
24 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Not all all.  Many friends and family from England.  They seem a likable football team too. 

Hibs are vermin and all the opposite of the above. 

My wife is English. I still want their football team to lose.

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Morgan I lived in England for twenty six years. When it comes to football, I have never wanted them to succeed.

Edited by John Findlay

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

My wife is English. I still want their football team to lose.

Fair enough.  I hope they win.  Nothing like club rivalry.  I despise Hibernian when they turn up at our ground I haven't felt that against England at both games I've been to home and away. 

Byyy The Light
24 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's out of order

You’ve no idea what’s been said through the whole thing. They were having to be pulled apart after every penalty.

I’d have been getting it right round them if I’d won that. Game was full of needle the whole time.  Personally I love that level of rivalry and hatred. 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

You’ve no idea what’s been said through the whole thing. They were having to be pulled apart after every penalty.

I’d have been getting it right round them if I’d won that. Game was full of needle the whole time.  Personally I love that level of rivalry and hatred. 

Wouldn't like it to happen to a Hearts team in that situation no matter what's been said.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Wouldn't like it to happen to a Hearts team in that situation no matter what's been said.

That’s the breaks. Mouth off, get it back. Simple.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Whats it with Holland and Belgium going for shite ex Everton managers?

England too, Allardyce. 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Exactly but I’m sure we rubbed it in Hibs faces a little in 2012?

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I hope France utterly destroy England tomorrow just so I can have my fun in the group chat. It will probably be a close game. 

Penalties guaranteed 

This could potentially be the breaking of a big story 

His story yesterday.........

His brother's reaction......

“My name is Eric Wahl. I live in Seattle, Washington. I am Grant Wahl’s brother. I’m gay,” he said in a video posted to his Instagram account. “I’m the reason he wore the rainbow shirt to the World Cup. My brother was healthy. He told me he received death threats. I do not believe my brother just died. I believe he was killed. And I just beg for any help.”

Hating the English.  Hating the French.  Strange.

I lived in England for around 5 years.  Travelled extensively.  Loved it.  Never had a single bad experience.

I hope England win and go on to win the World Cup.  Travelled a bit in France as well.  Again, not a solitary negative experience.  Great people.

Bazzas right boot

For footballs sake Argies or France need to win it.

England,  Croatia and ofc Morocco are nothing but functional - high functioning but just functional and organised. 

Not sure of Portugal.

Hopefully a team that attacks win the thing. 

With Brazil and Spain getting knocked out and teams struggling v packed defences this tournament certainly seems to favour organisation over attacking.

Is it set up foer a 86 re run but with Messi replacing Diego and in the final?

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Would it upset you!

🤭

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I lived in England for around 5 years.  Travelled extensively.  Loved it.  Never had a single bad experience.

I hope England win and go on to win the World Cup.  Travelled a bit in France as well.  Again, not a solitary negative experience.  Great people.

This...

Apart from the winning bit.

I'll be watching from England with my girlfriend and our bets friends (secretly I'll be delighted for them if England win) but I'll be squeezing into my old french top and cheering on France.

It's not bitterness, I've got close family who live in France so I've spent a lot of time there too.

willie wallace
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I will be wishing I live in NZ if England win it.😩

Maroon Sailor
47 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Would it upset you!

🤭

It'd upset a few fans I would think

Imagine that was Celtic players doing that to Hearts players in a final at Hampden

Celebrate the shoot out win and do the goading behind the scenes if that's what you feel you have to do

6 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

9EECE45D-DFEB-455D-BF61-D312D2ACDE57.jpeg

Wouldn’t mind getting that luxury armchair he parks his last verse on installed in the Wheatfield for me next season 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Imagine that was Celtic players doing that to Hearts players in a final at Hampden

Celebrate the shoot out win and do the goading behind the scenes if that's what you feel you have to do

Nah, the game got a bit tasty, both sets of players were on the wind up- the loser was always going to get it tight.

If Hearts players were winding up celtic players I'm sure they'd take it on the chin.

Imagine it was us doing it v celtic. 

:omfg:right in their faces.

Some fans get upset very easy, usually the ones that scream,  shout and abuse the players but get all precious if given a little back from a player.

Usually aged about 45-55  and male.

I hate those types. Utter cannons.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

21 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Hesgoal down the swanny? I tried to watch the cricket this morning only to find out that the US government has seized the site !

Hesgoal working fine. 

11 hours ago, Morgan said:

I live in France.  I hate the French.

I want them beaten.

I don’t care who beats them.

Is that ok with you?

You live in France and hate the French???? Maybe look for another country to live in. I see you already took my advice🙂🙂

Edited by XB52

37 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They did

8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I must have some sort of virus that is sending up this screen.

No. Pakistan v England just isn't available. If you go back in you can get the other links. Sydney v Melbourne into 2nd half. Maybe Cammy Devlin is there. 

part_time_jambo
11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah. 

Something very dislikable about this Dutch squad. 

Don't mind the players but can't stand their manager.

12 hours ago, RobNox said:

The thing is, they had Argentina rattled when they went for it at 2-0 down, then they resorted to normal in ET.  

Mad wasn't it - I do find some modern fitba teams very inflexible - surely, it's all about the win in knockout fitba, feck how it looks. 

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

But he was shite at Burnley.  That’s just a statement of fact.

reality is he went to a diddy club solely for the money and he was gash 

11 hours ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

Weird comment from a supporter of a Scottish team. A bit like having a soft spot for Hibs

Morgan is a massive royalist and unionist - he'd be happy if it was just England representing the UK.

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Do you live in Scotland?  Nobody who has the UK media rammed down their throat would want England to win.

Saturday 10th December

Getting down to the sharp end now! More shocks, more tears, less free flowing football. Such is knockout football.

The first of today’s two Quarter-Finals is at 15:00 GMT and features Morocco and Portugal and is broadcast on ITV1.
Winner of this match will play the winner of England/France in Semi Final 2.

sVfDPxQ.png Morocco began the World Cup with a 0-0 draw with Croatia. This was a high-quality game with chances at both ends all the way through.
Belgium were next up and Morocco dominated The Golden Generation, running out 2-0 winners with another fine performance. People were starting to take notice.
Their final group opponents were Canada. Morocco went on the attack right from the start and were 2-0 up after only 23 minutes. Canada, already out of the tournament, then decided to make a point on their way out and upped their game, forcing an own goal just before half time. Morocco then seemed happy to play out the 2nd half containing Canada instead of pushing hard for a 3rd. And 2-1 it stayed. Morocco topped the group undefeated on 7 points.
In the Round-Of-16, their opponents were Spain. Morocco decided to let Spain have the ball and defended deep in their own third of the pitch, attempting to counter when it looked on. This worked a treat, with Spain knackering themselves running about but never quite managing to break through. 0-0 at full time. 0-0 after extra time. Morocco’s keeper was the hero during the penalty shootout saving two penalties and with Spain hitting the post with a third, it was Morocco who won the game with a cheeky Panenka of all things.
Now everybody is paying attention. These guys are good.

7Ni0ppd.png Portugal kicked off their campaign against Ghana and were made to work hard for their 3-2 win.
The next test was against Uruguay and Portugal easily beat them 2-0. Suarez and Cavani are ancient and Uruguay posed no real threat.
The final group game was against South Korea, who were fighting for their tournament lives. With all 4 teams able to progress, the final two group games were glorious chaos. South Korea pulled off a huge win here, after falling behind after only 5 minutes they managed to work hard and were rewarded with an equaliser on 27. The second half was a tightly contested affair, with the winner being scored by South Korea deep into injury time, a superb team goal.
Portugal still won the group but not as easily as they’d have liked.
Before the Round-Of-16 match against Switzerland, Ronaldo started acting like a complete arsehole. Big surprise there(!) The manager dropped him to the bench for this game and Ronny will be seething that Portugal ran absolutely rampant and scored 6. This was one of the best performances by any team in the tournament and suddenly they’re among the favourites for the whole thing.
But Ronaldo is being a disruptive, egotistical tube, so they could fly apart. The manager has to decide whether or not to get rid of the arsehole or to play him.

The final Quarter-Final at 19:00 GMT sees England and France duke it out on ITV1.
Winner of this will play the winner of Morocco/Portugal in Semi Final 2 and will be known by the time this kicks off.

UGD6Lg1.png England began by skooshing Iran 6-2. Bunting was being hung on every house, babies were being named after players, you know the drill.
Then they only drew 0-0 with USA. Southgate was a shite manager, the players were all traitors and calls to The Samaritans jumped. You know the drill.
The final group game against Bales was an easy 3-0 romp. England sailed through a piss group undefeated on 7 points.
Waiting for them in the Round-Of-16 were Senegal, who people expected to be a test. They weren’t. England shifted up a gear and swept them aside 3-0.
England are a decent side. This is their first major test.

BvrFpUb.png France began the defence of their 2018 World Cup win with a 4-1 win over Hearts Australia. The Auzzies took a shock lead but all that did was annoy the French, who upped the pace and laid down a marker.
Next up were Denmark, who gave France a right good game. Tight and nervy and goal-less until over an hour in, France took the lead on 61 minutes and that looked like it was going to be enough, well for 7 minutes anyways, as Denmark equalised on 68. Both teams smelled blood in the water and went for a winner, with France having that little bit extra in terms of quality and it was them that grabbed the final goal of the game on 86 minutes.
The final game of the group was France taking on Tunisia. With 2 wins from 2, France had already racked up enough points to make it out of the group so the manager made wholesale changes. Tunisia were fighting to qualify themselves and put on a good display, fighting hard for everything and they took a shock lead on 58 minutes. France were unable to break them down and find an equaliser despite throwing on Griezmann, Rabiot, Dembele and Mbappe. The game would finish 1-0 to Tunisia but they still failed to qualify, as Hearts Australia had beaten Denmark to snatch the other qualifying berth.
The Round-Of-16 opponents were Poland. France were in complete control from the start, with the Poles only offering sporadic counter attacks. Giroud scored just before half time to become France’s all time record goal scorer.
Mbappe added a 2nd on 74 and a third in stoppage time. Poland were given a consolation penalty and scored wit the last kick of the game.
France are moving through the gears nicely but England will be a challenge.

Edited by Cade