Tynecastle tonight

Ked

The badge with the piper below.

Nice autumn light.

There's some nice heart shaped planters against the windows.

The new stand is starting to grow on me.

Looked tidy tonight.

Get our hotel up and running along with rest of second floor. Money should really flow in. Still have to get it right on the pitch. But extra cash will help.

31 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Get our hotel up and running along with rest of second floor. Money should really flow in. Still have to get it right on the pitch. But extra cash will help.

The new stand over the next few years will hopefully become a game changer for us. It might not give us anywhere close to serious spending power, but it should allow us to edge away from Aberdeen and Hibs in terms of turnover and ultimately league placing. 

Over the moon to see the club going from strength to strength at the moment. We’ve came on more in 3/4 years than we have in the last few decades. The platform Budge has helped build is incredible. 

42 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Exactly this, folk moan about Anne Budge (and regarding the football side) probably got a point. But she’s got it right off the pitch and without her plans  I doubt whether the benefactors would be topping up our turnover. Over the next couple of years hopefully we can up our budget for first team and maybe supplement it with a bit of FOH money?

August Landmesser
22 minutes ago, OTT said:

The new stand over the next few years will hopefully become a game changer for us. It might not give us anywhere close to serious spending power, but it should allow us to edge away from Aberdeen and Hibs in terms of turnover and ultimately league placing. 

Over the moon to see the club going from strength to strength at the moment. We’ve came on more in 3/4 years than we have in the last few decades. The platform Budge has helped build is incredible. 

Whether it helps us edge away from Hibs is debatable, but it will definitely give us the advantage over Aberdeen. They've had a couple of decent transfer sales, but Pittodrie is a hole, and they will have to spend serious money to address that somehow.

Hibs have the stadium sorted, but we have the FoH, and way more ST sales. We'll move further away from Hibs too, but it won't be the stand helping us do that, it's just the Natural Order settling back in.

August Landmesser
14 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Exactly this, folk moan about Anne Budge (and regarding the football side) probably got a point. But she’s got it right off the pitch and without her plans  I doubt whether the benefactors would be topping up our turnover. Over the next couple of years hopefully we can up our budget for first team and maybe supplement it with a bit of FOH money?

:spoton:

I love walking round the corner on match days when our magnificent new stand comes into view. ❤️

As a former season ticket holder in the old main stand and someone who hasn't been back to Edinburgh too much since it was built, the first time seeing it I was pretty amazed at the difference. Tynie is our home in every sense of the word, should remain that way forever IMO.

3 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

As a former season ticket holder in the old main stand and someone who hasn't been back to Edinburgh too much since it was built, the first time seeing it I was pretty amazed at the difference. Tynie is our home in every sense of the word, should remain that way forever IMO.

The West End of Edinburgh is finally getting brought up after the vast amounts spent in the East and North from Leith to Granton ect . Now Fountain Bridge , Tynecastle and Haymarket are all developed or being developed . It is great that our stadium is a part of that . The old High School being developed could play a big part in our future , whether that is some thing related directly to the club , or some thing we can take advantage of by directing foot traffic through our stadium on non match days and times

Talking about the second floor of the new stand becoming a hotel I still think we lost a great chance to become partners in a joint venture of using Old Tynecastle School as a hotel that also included match dat breaks, tours of the stadium and distillery etc. The possibilities are enormous and would benefit the club, the distillery, employment, local businesses etc. Just a thought.

Howdy Doody Jambo
46 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Talking about the second floor of the new stand becoming a hotel I still think we lost a great chance to become partners in a joint venture of using Old Tynecastle School as a hotel that also included match dat breaks, tours of the stadium and distillery etc. The possibilities are enormous and would benefit the club, the distillery, employment, local businesses etc. Just a thought.

It's hard enough being a football club first would rather we sold on good players to make our dough than overnight stays in Gorgie 

13 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Yes but don't let teams book it for their away games against us. There's plenty places down Leith they can stay.

16 hours ago, OTT said:

AB along with the Foundation which for the 1st time in my lifetime (I am 61) has given the club financial stability and is allowing the club to grow. 

5 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

Yes but don't let teams book it for their away games against us. There's plenty places down Leith they can stay.

I'm going to have to disagree with your post. Invite opposition teams to stay there, just forgot to tell them about the regular night time fire drills.

27 minutes ago, superjack said:

I'm going to have to disagree with your post. Invite opposition teams to stay there, just forgot to tell them about the regular night time fire drills.

That plus doctoring their morning porridge should set us up nicely.

21 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Whether it helps us edge away from Hibs is debatable, but it will definitely give us the advantage over Aberdeen. They've had a couple of decent transfer sales, but Pittodrie is a hole, and they will have to spend serious money to address that somehow.

Hibs have the stadium sorted, but we have the FoH, and way more ST sales. We'll move further away from Hibs too, but it won't be the stand helping us do that, it's just the Natural Order settling back in.

On Aberdeen, my understanding is that they do pretty well on the hospitality front. I'm not sure how we compare, but from what I've gathered it helps them out a lot. There is maybe a few posters from up that way that can add a bit more info on that front. I was a bit surprised to read that, because, yeah I agree, their stadium doesn't really look like much. I've absolutely no idea why they're moving though. It seems like they could modernise the other 3 stands instead of taking on what will no doubt become a £50-75m millstone. 

On Hibs, I'd probably say we're in a stronger position. They've built their stadium and its at the peak of its earning power. We're yet to install a 22 room hotel which I assume will bring in a substantial amount of money (Edinburgh average hotel price is £123 a night from a quick google, with average occupancy rate somewhere between 65% and 80%), particularly during the festival. The stadium thread which some will be glad to see the back of (:D) has some wanting to see expansion of the Wheatfield at some point, which could bring similar sort of space to utilise beneath/ in it. 

Budge is on some level is delivering on many of Vlads broken promises/big ideas and we're finally seeing the club begin to hit its stride. It certainly feels like for most of the last 3 decades the club has just essentially went in circles but finally, through Ann and the foundation, real tangible progress is being delivered. 

On 24/10/2022 at 21:35, OTT said:

Good post

14 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

That plus doctoring their morning porridge should set us up nicely.

And a quick tip off to whoever does the dope testing.

The Treasurer
18 hours ago, maggieb said:

Anyone go? I’m booked to go to similar in jersey in march , decent?

Spoke to a work mate who was there.

Said it was a great night and the food (as you'd expect) was fantastic.

A wee word of warning though.

There was an auction at the end of the night and it would appear that the large quantities of wine had an impact on the size of some of the bids 😳

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

There was an auction at the end of the night and it would appear that the large quantities of wine had an impact on the size of some of the Burdz 😳

FTFY 👍

5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

There was an auction at the end of the night and it would appear that the large quantities of wine had an impact on the size of some of the bids 😳

Eeesh , thanks for that TT🦮