Walking wounded

Sleepy head

Andy Halliday does his ligaments or at least it's a possibility on Sunday. Our staff think it's ok that he hobbles all the way around the goals to the bench? I was watching in disbelief. Atkinson goes down with a bad one on Thursday. Physio checks him and allows him to continue. Do they know what they are doing? While i'm at it.Haring is in distress yesterday and doctors are called for. Did you see them Sunday strolling across the park? They were in no hurry that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What happened to Haring? Was he out cold?

Don’t think he was out cold but defo stunned. Got up then went back down two or three times before going off. Looked like he had been sucker punched by Mike Tyson. 
If it is diagnosed as a concussion ( good possibility imo) he could be out a couple of weeks at least. Had a few in my time. No driving for at least two weeks and a host of other protocols to get through before being allowed to even run around never mind kicking / heading a ball. 

Edited by Canscot

3 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Don’t think he was out cold but defo stunned. Got up then went back down two or three times before going off. Looked like he had been sucker punched by Mike Tyson. 

he was 100% knocked out cold, he lands face/head first on to the pitch after the initial impact, really bad one, be very surprised if he didn’t suffer a nasty concussion 

Just now, heisenberg86 said:

he was 100% knocked out cold, he lands face/head first on to the pitch after the initial impact, really bad one, be very surprised if he didn’t suffer a nasty concussion 

No way he is coming back real quick then. Another mid to long term injury possibly?

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The ***** fecked off with the stretcher. Feck all to do with the Hearts staff.

Don't you think we told them it wasn't needed? If we insisted on a stretcher it would have been provided.

Regarding Haring I seen Neilson make a comment around “It’ll be touch and go" for Saturday.

Touch and go? If he's anywhere near a pitch on saturday it's bordering on gross negligence. The most obvious concussion ever and he should be rested accordingly.

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Regarding Haring I seen Neilson make a comment around “It’ll be touch and go" for Saturday.

Touch and go? If he's anywhere near a pitch on saturday it's bordering on gross negligence. The most obvious concussion ever and he should be rested accordingly.

I could be wrong but aren’t the rules you can’t play for 7-10 days after suffering concussion?

How can he be touch and go when he’s not allowed to play?

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Correct.Neilson would give a corpse the chance to prove its fitness

15 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Any Dr worth his salt will over rule oor Robbie on this. You don’t **** around with brain injuries. 

RustyRightPeg
32 minutes ago, Canscot said:

If it is diagnosed as a concussion ( good possibility imo) he could be out a couple of weeks at least. Had a few in my time. No driving for at least two weeks and a host of other protocols to get through before being allowed to even run around never mind kicking / heading a ball. 

I haven’t seen it. Having had a concussion and played at lowland league level, I believe there’s a ten day recovery period with several protocols to pass. 

29 minutes ago, theshed said:

I could be wrong but aren’t the rules you can’t play for 7-10 days after suffering concussion?

How can he be touch and go when he’s not allowed to play?

There is, but you can go through concussion protocols and then say it wasn't really concussion and you were being cautious. Really hope we aren't messing about with that, it was quite blatantly a concussion. 

29 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

Note to self.........

Must try to be a little subtler or I'm sure to get found out .

Found the Halliday situation absurd.  100% he should of been on a stretcher. What were they thinking ?  Whoever made that call should be asked the question publicly  

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Found the Halliday situation absurd.  100% he should of been on a stretcher. What were they thinking ?  Whoever made that call should be asked the question publicly  

or even a wheelchair to ferry him back inside, should be one kept at the side.

22 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Note to self.........

Must try to be a little subtler or I'm sure to get found out .

?

Halliday refused the stretcher and Atkinson signals he’s ok to continue. Can we stop this pish now, we’re on a poor run of results but some stuff is just getting silly!

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Halliday refused the stretcher and Atkinson signals he’s ok to continue. Can we stop this pish now, we’re on a poor run of results but some stuff is just getting silly!

NUT! 

We need them oot answering questions publicly about why they turned down the stretcher 🥴

2 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

Andy Halliday does his ligaments or at least it's a possibility on Sunday. Our staff think it's ok that he hobbles all the way around the goals to the bench? I was watching in disbelief. Atkinson goes down with a bad one on Thursday. Physio checks him and allows him to continue. Do they know what they are doing? While i'm at it.Haring is in distress yesterday and doctors are called for. Did you see them Sunday strolling across the park? They were in no hurry that's for sure.

Halliday was studs down back of leg.  

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

It's one guy with a few accounts.

More than a few .

Always the same look.Funny really .

Hello @Sleepy head.

Not Hearts Rudy

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Back of the heel.

And if you watch it again you could be forgiven for being cynical.

Just now, Ked said:

More than a few .

Hello @Sleepy head.

Not Hearts Rudy

Ah ok. Although with some of what I’ve read today nothing would surprise me on here.

Just now, Rudy T said:

Ah ok. Although with some of what I’ve read today nothing would surprise me on here.

Trying to sift through valid talking points is pointless.

If its not the everlasting war between no more than 10 posters its the likes of whatever and the OP on this.

2 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

The general lack of urgency really disturbed me. I'm only a first aider but the emphasis was always on head/spinal injuries and how important it is not do things quckly and properly. it seemed to me to take a long time to get the help there.  

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

There’s a pretty detailed concussion protocol they  have to go through.  First step is checking memory, reaction time etc conducted by third party. Club will not make the call 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

In John Cumming:s day an injured player rarely waited 10 seconds to get treatment. He was quicker than most of the team.

Voice of reason
15 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

Give it a rest. The medical staff make these decisions, not Neilson. Agenda driven nonsense.

VagabondJambo
13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

In John Cumming:s day an injured player rarely waited 10 seconds to get treatment. He was quicker than most of the team.

That’s a great memory!  It was as if every injury was the starting pistol for the Powderhall Sprint for him!

17 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

We all knw what that means. He will be out for weeks.

Francis Albert
16 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

The general lack of urgency really disturbed me. I'm only a first aider but the emphasis was always on head/spinal injuries and how important it is not do things quckly and properly. it seemed to me to take a long time to get the help there.  

It disturbed the Hearts TV commentators greatly  too. They were shocked that he was allowed to stand and walk when he was clearly dazed and very groggy. This went on for several minutes. How can the commentators spot the obvious but the bench seem oblivious?

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, VagabondJambo said:

That’s a great memory!  It was as if every injury was the starting pistol for the Powderhall Sprint for him!

And a perfect description. He quite often drew applause for the sprint. Often the liveliest thing in Hearts display!

3 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Give it a rest. The medical staff make these decisions, not Neilson. Agenda driven nonsense.

I'm talking about in general when he gives incorrect updates on players coming back into the team.He's rarely right. Was tongue in cheek anyway.Oh! and btw,the medical staff haven't a very good record there either.

54 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It disturbed the Hearts TV commentators greatly  too. They were shocked that he was allowed to stand and walk when he was clearly dazed and very groggy. This went on for several minutes. How can the commentators spot the obvious but the bench seem oblivious?

Yeah.This was my point but alas, any questioning the staff is having an agenda seemingly

17 hours ago, Ked said:

More than a few .

Hello @Sleepy head.

Not Hearts Rudy

One account.You must fancy yourself as some sort of amateur detective. 

17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yeah see that now. My mistake. When I saw achilles  I assumed ligaments.

17 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Halliday is such a drama queen then.If it was so painful to walk on, why?

36 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

Halliday is such a drama queen then.If it was so painful to walk on, why?

Dunno mate I’m not Andy Halliday🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

So it’s the medical staff that concluded Halkett was ready when he wasn’t? Twice?

Should the manager not use his decades of experience to judge whether a player has trained properly and is ready to play?

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So it’s the medical staff that concluded Halkett was ready when he wasn’t? Twice?

Should the manager not use his decades of experience to judge whether a player has trained properly and is ready to play?

And if he did train just fine and everyting indicated he was ready to play?  What do you know?  Can you confirm the circumstance.

Just heard Eddie Howe on the radio talking about Isaak who they spent £60m on and has a thigh strain, said he won't be back until after the world cup as has broken down again - said these things happen with muscle injuries. 

“He’s felt really good, did a lot of work to get fit but as always with muscle injuries, they are unpredictable, You can feel great one minute but succumb the next and that’s what happened with him."

So the Newcastle medical staff and manager need to go do they?

Or are muscle injuries notoriously massively difficult to manage even if you have the best facilities in the world?

Hmmm, I wonder which one it is.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And if he did train just fine and everyting indicated he was ready to play?  What do you know?  Can you confirm the circumstance.

Just heard Eddie Howe on the radio talking about Isaak who they spent £60m on and has a thigh strain, said he won't be back until after the world cup as has broken down again - said these things happen with muscle injuries. 

“He’s felt really good, did a lot of work to get fit but as always with muscle injuries, they are unpredictable, You can feel great one minute but succumb the next and that’s what happened with him."

So the Newcastle medical staff and manager need to go do they?

Or are muscle injuries notoriously massively difficult to manage even if you have the best facilities in the world?

Hmmm, I wonder which one it is.

Isaak wasn’t rushed back to play though was he?
 No need to get excited, even if Halkett seemed ready once it had happened once there was no need to rush him back against RFS. 
Here’s what the manager said, does this sound to you like he was ready or the medical department signed off or are telling RN lies, or he doesn’t listen?  He’s now missed longer than last time. 
Halkett has been badly missed and the manager ultimately takes responsibility for that. 

7105561C-05FF-42B4-A626-50960BD6AE27.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

jambos are go!
20 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

John Cumming got John Gallagher to play on with a broken leg at Brockville. Hearts moved  quickly to bring a physio after that. Andy somebody from Dumfermline IIRC

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Dunno mate I’m not Andy Halliday🤷‍♂️

Wasn't directly asking you.Was expressing how mystified I am.

Just now, Sleepy head said:

Wasn't directly asking you.Was expressing how mystified I am.

Would be a pride thing, can understand why he walked.

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Would be a pride thing, can understand why he walked.

Was a bit late for pride as he screamed like a lassie when contact was made.😁Only kidding.

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Has there been any word on Atkinson? I know he was due a scan but not seen anything mentioned. 

Knowing our luck it’ll be 3 months minimum.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, jambos are go! said:

John Cumming got John Gallagher to play on with a broken leg at Brockville. Hearts moved  quickly to bring a physio after that. Andy somebody from Dumfermline IIRCq

Cumming was of the blood doesn't show a maroon shirt generation when a broken leg was a minor irritation. Joking of course. 

But yes you have to have proper physios. But maybe ours need some questioning in light of our injury record and long recovery times?

And could our horrendous injury record have something to do with underlying fitness levels,?

Edited by Francis Albert