Structure, Philosophy of the Club , Standards, Identity

Bongo 1874

It needs to change, I don't understand what we are trying to do or achieve when playing , We are good at keeping possession, but don't press and win tackles.

There is no clear philosophy for the player's to follow , the youth teams need to have the same philosophy, this will aid and help young player's getting promoted to the 1st team.

As to what is expected. 

In my opinion we are at our best when being attacking ,pressing teams into submission, work rate , desire , this will get the fans behind the lads no matter the result , giving 100%.

What do you want from Hearts as a club thoughts. 

RustyRightPeg

Our style of play takes the fans out the equation. The atmosphere is dead because there’s 0 to get behind. 

Tynecastle is at its best when the team are pressing high and playing with intensity. I remember the days we used to cheer tackles like goals. We don’t get close enough to teams to do that now. 

I want a hard working, high pressing team. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Our style of play takes the fans out the equation. The atmosphere is dead because there’s 0 to get behind. 

Tynecastle is at its best when the team are pressing high and playing with intensity. I remember the days we used to cheer tackles like goals. We don’t get close enough to teams to do that now. 

👍.

Ship without a rudder is how I see us.

Leadership on and off the park are a thing of the past.

Constantly getting beat and showing no fight or confidence.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Just find a winning formula I don't care about all this style of play identity or whatever you want to call it.

In order to have that you have to play a system, which player's and fans can fully understand.

And stick too it. 

Thunder and Lightning
18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It needs to change, I don't understand what we are trying to do or achieve when playing , We are good at keeping possession, but don't press and win tackles.

There is no clear philosophy for the player's to follow , the youth teams need to have the same philosophy, this will aid and help young player's getting promoted to the 1st team.

As to what is expected. 

In my opinion we are at our best when being attacking ,pressing teams into submission, work rate , desire , this will get the fans behind the lads no matter the result , giving 100%.

Effort, our players don't seem to give a shit if they win or not.

11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Absolutely. Our passive style of play is dreadful to watch and does nothing to encourage the fans. It’s woeful. It reeks of over caution. Would rather play a safe ball than try and carve open a team. I don’t think we have the players to play a possession based game. We’re not good enough with the ball, our passing isn’t incisive enough etc. I’d rather watch a hard working team that presses the opposition and gives the fans something to get behind. 

3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Effort, our players don't seem to give a shit if they win or not.

Highly paid and guaranteed a starting or subs position each and every week.

Makes you just go through the motions, along with the lack of a manager you respect.

Thunder and Lightning
Just now, Australis said:

Highly paid and guaranteed a starting or subs position each and every week.

Makes you just go through the motions, along with the lack of a manager you respect.

I just cant see Robbie as someone who can inspire a team.  I don't see that in him.  

That and what seems a lack of accountability as they wont be dropped and we get nothing from them

Football in general is crap to watch..rich get richer and clubs like ours will struggle..we go on about Robbie..formations..standards or structure..maybe its just time for a massive rethink..Super Leagur..Germanic League..Benelux League..an so on..maybe without the super rich clubs we can re en vigorate football in general and find our identity, the passion and maintain the standards that we as fans expect our players to keep to.

Malinga the Swinga

What a load of utter pish from op. Up until about 5 years ago, no one cared about any of this, all we worried about was getting win on game day.

Just another thread of many having a moan about something.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What a load of utter pish from op. Up until about 5 years ago, no one cared about any of this, all we worried about was getting win on game day.

I think that's a little strong, the op is an ex-player for Hearts and is more than entitled to his opinion, I'm sure in his days of pressing, swashbuckling, on the front foot football and with all the cup and medals that fill his mantelpiece he has a lot to give. 

I certainly find his posts most interesting and very entertaining. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

I think that's a little strong, the op is an ex-player for Hearts and is more than entitled to his opinion, I'm sure in his days of pressing, swashbuckling, on the front foot football and with all the cup and medals that fill his mantelpiece he has a lot to give. 

Fair enough, I don't. I find his posts tiresome, repetitive and all set out because of his love for a manager that saw us demoted.

Still, everyone entitled to opinion.

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It isn't 5 years ago though.

The best I have ever seen us play was the 05/06 season when we had all the OP states we require.  Now we look rudderless unimaginative and uninterested.

We have a much larger budget than many in this league so our league position will usually reflect this.   We never win big games against teams with more of a budget than us though.  

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Would love the OP to be CE just so he could get it roond ye ;) :lol: 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

As to what is expected. 

Our lack of philosophy is far more in recruitment than anything else.

Neilson is a dullard, appointed by a dullard. So the football is pish and unambitious. But the way we recruit is brainless too, neither ambitious nor aimed at bringing in big financial gains. And that’s a bigger problem 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

In order to have that you have to play a system, which player's and fans can fully understand.

And stick too it. 

Bollocks. 

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

As to what is expected. 

We are absolutely not good at keeping possession. 

I don’t count passess between Gordon, the CH and the two full backs. When it goes into midfiled areas we lose it almost

instantly.  

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Which is why there was the very odd love in with Stendel. Depsite the fact it was a disaster.  People wanted to get behind the philosophy and the style.  

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Which is why there was the very odd love in with Stendel. Depsite the fact it was a disaster.  People wanted to get behind the philosophy and the style.  

It’s always gonna be one of those what ifs. Had he taken us into the championship, got his own players yada yada. Truth is, he inherited a dumpster fire, and it’s taken until the summer just there to get rid of the last remnants of it in Damour. 

I’ll be honest, I say I want it to be that style of football, if someone of a similar mould came in now and took the team over I’m not sure it would work. We still don’t have the players to play it consistently. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

People loved Cathro early doors too. And Neilson, to be fair (first time round).

Everyone's normally up for getting behind a new manager.

Until they're not.

47 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We are absolutely not good at keeping possession. 

I don’t count passess between Gordon, the CH and the two full backs. When it goes into midfiled areas we lose it almost

instantly.  

We quite clearly are, we just don't penetrate defences and our forward play isn't good enough or fast.

52 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Our lack of philosophy is far more in recruitment than anything else.

Neilson is a dullard, appointed by a dullard. So the football is pish and unambitious. But the way we recruit is brainless too, neither ambitious nor aimed at bringing in big financial gains. And that’s a bigger problem 

Robbie is to blame not recruitment. 

He signs the player's. 

Nelly Terraces

The Man Utd model.

All about business & fark all about football. The CEOs recent missive says it all, though its obvious to anyone Budge wrote that condescending nonsense & had him stick his name to it.

Football is a secondary concern at HMFC. It's all about 'give us your money you idiots & STFU'.

It is just not anout the football. It has been the Ann Budge show for over 8 years now where almost every 'success' story is off the field.

It is just a very cosy, happy, inclusive, family community centre that wants to just plod along looking good that has to contend with the inconvenience of losing from time to time.

Instead of putting the best players possible out on the park, Ann is more concerned about putting our best china out in her office for some suit or charity.

Fort Vallance

Big Hearts is a fabulous initiative. The women's team are making massive progress. All that is great but it's like the whole infrastructure  of the club is geared to making us some kind of community hub and forgotten the reason we are the famous Heart of Midlothian. 

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The Man Utd model.

All about business & fark all about football. The CEOs recent missive says it all, though its obvious to anyone Budge wrote that condescending nonsense & had him stick his name to it.

Football is a secondary concern at HMFC. It's all about 'give us your money you idiots & STFU'.

This isn't big nor clever. You're posting nonsense. 

gorgierulesapply88

Things have changed at the club since Budget came in, some bad things some good things.

Imagine introducing a grass-line, to snitch on your own fans who spend their hard earned money to go watch their team and get a release whilst doing so.

The hierarchy at the club are so out of touch with the fan-base it's unbelievable but they are happen to continue to rinse us monthly, weekly and daily.

5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I agree I want a hard working team, that presses and tries to force the opposition into errors, ideally for 90 mins but if we could get 60 then drop off then would be happy with at least that, I want a team that looks like they actually give a toss and keeps working hard up until the final whistle and most of all I want a manager who doesn't mind making changes when the game plan is not working or even having the bottle to hook a player after 20 mins if he is having a shocker even if it means putting a youngster on.

15 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Things have changed at the club since Budget came in, some bad things some good things.

Imagine introducing a grass-line, to snitch on your own fans who spend their hard earned money to go watch their team and get a release whilst doing so.

The hierarchy at the club are so out of touch with the fan-base it's unbelievable but they are happen to continue to rinse us monthly, weekly and daily.

Correct, unbelievably Police Scotland have a similar grass-line where they expect fellow members of the public to snitch on career criminals who wouldn't have any luxuries if they couldn't steal from others. 

Why can't folk who want to break the law or make life difficult for others just be left alone without being grassed on?

I want a team that plays modern aggressive high tempo football. We’ll lose some games doing it. We might even keep losing big to the OF and better teams than them but FFS get some pride and passion back into the club. Make it hurt the team and manager like hell when we get beat then we can all hurt together.

Seems to me that the only people hurting just now are the fans. I don’t see an ounce of sorrow or hurt or regret or genuine passion coming from the coaching staff, and if we’re honest, most of the players. I see cowardice, deflection, excuses and incompetence. There are people at the club who have no right to be here 

This isn’t Hearts anymore. Imposters have inhabited what used to be Hearts. Get them tae feck whatever it takes, whatever it costs and however long it takes.

Get safe under a caretaker then rip this shite up and start afresh. It will cost all the extra revenue we’ve brought in this season and probably more, but this just isn’t good enough.

Cmon lads it’s not is it ? It’s shite !!

Edited by JimmyCant

I think we have too many standards and identities we are trying to follow and implement, which is based on who we are playing at the said time. 

The players are not able to change and vary their play, to be consistent on the park, in terms of the managers requirements and based on the level of changes we make, game to game. 

All opinion based but I very much believe this to be a big big issue for us, and unless Neilson adapts. 

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Correct, unbelievably Police Scotland have a similar grass-line where they expect fellow members of the public to snitch on career criminals who wouldn't have any luxuries if they couldn't steal from others. 

Why can't folk who want to break the law or make life difficult for others just be left alone without being grassed on?

I've seen people ejected for swearing, standing up etc. It's a disgrace, yet away fans including Zurich where able to move from top tier to lower tier nothing done about it when the jungle jims come on Saturday they'll get away with their shite.

Edited by gorgierulesapply88

I want us to press high, so the opposition can ping the ball over the heads of the CBs into space for their forwards to score, so that it puts us bottom of the division, relegated and playing in the championship. And to hire a manager that can say. This is our castle or some other shite, to that makes fans love them. :jambobanana: Even tho they are useless. Whoopee! Bring back Stendal, he could talk some amount of shite, he'll do.

Dick Dastardly
11 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Damour? 

Bazzas right boot

Everyone oot!

Had enough of this cup final, 3rd place and European caper anyway.

A couple of bottom 6 finishes and going through a manager every 6 months is what's needed.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The Man Utd model.

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It is just not anout the football. It has been the Ann Budge show for over 8 years now where almost every 'success' story is off the field.

It is just a very cosy, happy, inclusive, family community centre that wants to just plod along looking good that has to contend with the inconvenience of losing from time to time.

Instead of putting the best players possible out on the park, Ann is more concerned about putting our best china out in her office for some suit or charity.

:vrface:

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Everyone oot!

Had enough of this cup final, 3rd place and European caper anyway.

A couple of bottom 6 finishes and going through a manager every 6 months is what's needed.

The cup final was a waste of time on the park just like Europe has been. Enjoyed the trips but the football has been shite. Better no qualifying so our dull manager can’t complain about mental fatigue and all his other negative excuse bullshit. Any money earned will be a waste as dull Bob is incapable of taking us to the next level. In fact we are descending at an alarming rate. You have nailed yer mast though Tosh so NOTHING will change that. When the shit really hits the fan you and yer clueless muppets will be part of the problem. 

12 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Either someone who played alongside Neilson the player as a youth but never got the break or was released by Neilson the Manager.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The cup final was a waste of time on the park just like Europe has been. Enjoyed the trips but the football has been shite. Better no qualifying so our dull manager can’t complain about mental fatigue and all his other negative excuse bullshit. Any money earned will be a waste as dull Bob is incapable of taking us to the next level. In fact we are descending at an alarming rate. You have nailed yer mast though Tosh so NOTHING will change that. When the shit really hits the fan you and yer clueless muppets will be part of the problem. 

I've already said if by January we are in the same position things will need to change. 

I don't think we will be.

Getting in a state of rage about European results and a bit of poor league form at a difficult time with our defensive injuries isn't for the sane. 

Gives the agitators a platform tho.

8 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Wait until the 22 bedroom hotel gets the go ahead for God knows 4 million, then it ends up costing us 14 million. After not going out to tender lol.

We_are_the_Hearts
23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I've already said if by January we are in the same position things will need to change. 

I don't think we will be.

Getting in a state of rage about European results and a bit of poor league form at a difficult time with our defensive injuries isn't for the sane. 

Gives the agitators a platform tho.

Ok will bookmark this one. And its not just defensive injuries that’s the issue. We are poor all over the park. Kio is so slow but Levein protege like la a slow JCB in there, football has changed you need more pace everywhere. Snodgrass was knackered yday but he left him on. McKay has been needing dropped for weeks. Humphrys already looks sharper, stronger and more suitable than Shanks. Forrest looked so weak yesterday. Devlin left on the bench against Fiorentina at home? The list goes on. Add to that the confidence is dwindling and the mental fatigue comments were unbelievable at a time we needed positive energy. Say what you want about Lee Johnson but at least he said the players need to shape up quick or will be moved on. None of our players are improving and look uninterested at times. Happy to hide behind Robbie’s excuses. Anyway see you in January but I hope we have a new manager by then. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Ok will bookmark this one. And its not just defensive injuries that’s the issue. We are poor all over the park. Kio is so slow but Levein protege like la a slow JCB in there, football has changed you need more pace everywhere. Snodgrass was knackered yday but he left him on. McKay has been needing dropped for weeks. Humphrys already looks sharper, stronger and more suitable than Shanks. Forrest looked so weak yesterday. Devlin left on the bench against Fiorentina at home? The list goes on. Add to that the confidence is dwindling and the mental fatigue comments were unbelievable at a time we needed positive energy. Say what you want about Lee Johnson but at least he said the players need to shape up quick or will be moved on. None of our players are improving and look uninterested at times. Happy to hide behind Robbie’s excuses. Anyway see you in January but I hope we have a new manager by then. 

Should just stick you in charge, you seem to have it all worked out.

Quite simply the 4 2 3 1 just doesn't work, we don't have the quality of player to play it against any sort of decent opposition far less the likes of Celtic,  Rangers Fiorentina and Istanbul. 

Our wins to game ratio is absolutely disgraceful for a club of our size.

Yes injuries have affected us but we haven't adapted to it , Robbies keeps bashing  on with his head in the sand.

The club will keep using the injury situation to mitigate but the damage being done is getting worse.

We could well be in a situation where players coming back don't make a big difference  because confidence is that shot.

It's happened before and we aren't far of the same scenario imo.

The inevitable hammering by Celtic and a loss up at Dingwall and its well in play.