What is our style of play?

Hood09

As the question states I have no idea what Robbie is trying to do. 

when all players are back fit what are peoples thoughts?

do we go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or continue with 4-3-3?

Who knows…probably just chop and change it.The players seem to know exactly what they’re to do.

Edited by Agentjambo

19 minutes ago, Negan said:

NeilsonBall. Pass sideways and backwards for 90 mins

You can’t say that on here….there are injuries and the burden of European football you know.

Fxxx the SPFL

it''s problematic we are actually goosed defensively only the young lad Neilson at centre back and it's unfair to expect him to control things being thrown in so early in his career. not sure what folk are expecting us to achieve defensively at present we need Halkett and Rowles back asap and you will see a different Hearts. We missed a few chances yesterday and could have won the game unfortunate and feel sorry for Craig Gordon's error although he did catch his boot in the shithole of a pitch.

lost in space
43 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

As the question states I have no idea what Robbie is trying to do. 

when all players are back fit what are peoples thoughts?

do we go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or continue with 4-3-3?

Good question and although many guess and say they know - nobody really has much of an idea.

The players certainly don't know.

What I noticed in Fiorentina match was  their players hardly looked up before making a pass. They KNEW where their teammates would be.

Our players had to control the ball and then look up to see where the other players were.

I accept the Italian team had players with more awareness (which is a skill) but it is more difficult to quickly pass the ball if the team and tactics are changed after every game.

Our style is simple in the bigger matches - we only really have a go once we are behind. Look at the stats. Containment being the order of the day - we adapt our style to other teams. Don't believe me ? Just watch how we play on Sunday away at Aberdeen.  

1 hour ago, Negan said:

NeilsonBall. Pass sideways and backwards for 90 mins

This. 

Said before, but not confident we have good enough players to play a possession game. We can’t break teams down very well and our passing isn’t good enough. 

In my opinion our best formation when everyone is available is.

Gordon

Smith     Halkett     Rowles     Kingsley

Beni     Devlin

Humphries      Boyce         McKay 

Shankland 

Bit harsh on Corchrane but we have to play our best players I their natural positions. Some will have issues with Humphries on the left but I thought he's done well out there the last few matches.

Its not evident at the minute. However it's also not easy to work on and improve a style given how fast and frequent our fixtures are at the minute. 

2wmzhm.jpg.cf6773647492e402ada136c7dec084a3.jpg

I long for the days when Hearts were uncomplicated and direct.

The days when Alex McDonald put out the best XI available to him with the simple instruction of solid defending, midfield drive and forwards who's only thought was to shoot and score goals.

Like every team outwith the OF we are simply not good enough to fart around in possession in our own danger area. We don't have the quality of player to retain that possession or to progress it into the opposition's half.

It's no coincidence that both of our goals yesterday came from getting the ball forward as quickly as possible. A terrific long ball from Snodgrass that caused mayhem in a Killie defence that didn't see it coming and that terrific, shoot on sight effort, from Natty.

I know the game has moved on since Doddie's days but I'm sure there's a happy medium between that era and this.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It's seems to be keep ball but delaying the final pass and allowing our opposition's defense to shut down Shankland.