Robbie!!! ( merged )

Graham Thomson

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, I'll get banned from thread. You know that though so I won't rise to your pointless bait.

Certainly not breaking rules on this one.

Have a good night dreaming of Robbie.

Why would I dream of Robbie?   Youre utterly obsessed with the guy. :lol: 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• soonbe110

• BackOfTheNet

• jr ewing

Aussie Jambo
37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You need to practice a bit more. Clearly not fast enough to keep up😂😂😂

My mobile thumb technique is not that good. 

Or I’d be walking about like The Fonz all the time. 993ef1f2e5cb7059648701a0cfba4335_w200.gi

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

My mobile thumb technique is not that good. 

Or I’d be walking about like The Fonz all the time. 993ef1f2e5cb7059648701a0cfba4335_w200.gi

👍good comeback. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Some are glad we got beat in the 2 finals.

I have no doubt about that.

So so sad!

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Based on what I have heard I know that we have some he didn’t necessarily want, just don’t know who they are.  Suspect Snodgrass and Humphrys were last day panic signings by Savage. Even Humphrys said he was caught out by our interest so no previous contact with him prior to deadline day. Certainly not Robbie’s first or second choice to deputy/replace Boyce and Shankland. 

I've absolutely no doubt that you are telling the truth so please take this the way it was intended. 

Are you saying that some players were signed and where Robbie didn't agree to the players coming on board?

I would hope this wasn't the case 

Obviously this is a lot different to Robbie's 3rd or 4th choice player being reluctantly signed but agreed by the manager so just clarifying what you meant 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

I've absolutely no doubt that you are telling the truth so please take this the way it was intended. 

Are you saying that some players were signed and where Robbie didn't agree to the players coming on board?

Obviously this is a lot different to Robbie's 3rd or 4th choice player being reluctantly signed but agreed by the manager so just clarifying what you meant 

Think it was more a case of deadline day, we haven’t brought in what I really wanted but given the size of the squad and the games we have to play I’ll need to take what they have come up with. 
Believe we could have signed two or three he really wanted but waited too long searching for others and then missed out as they had gone elsewhere. Names were mentioned on other threads 

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

“Didn’t necessary want” 

“Based on what I have heard”

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Think it was more a case of deadline day, we haven’t brought in what I really wanted but given the size of the squad and the games we have to play I’ll need to take what they have come up with. 
Believe we could have signed two or three he really wanted but waited too long searching for others and then missed out as they had gone elsewhere. Names were mentioned on other threads 

Why not just say “I’ll just make shit up”?

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Makes sense 

I think I remember Robbie saying that we may need to be a bit more aggressive in our approach leading up to deadline day and at the point where we were playing the waiting game 

The intricacies of the manager SD working relationship 

Thanks for clarifying 👍

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

“Didn’t necessary want” 

“Based on what I have heard”

Why not just say “I’ll just make shit up”?

I really don't know the full criteria in how the final decision is made and when the player comes on board 

I am just hoping that the manager is getting the final say cut and dried 

Savage can be the truck delivering the package to the warehouse but the manager has full say, and no interference, on the stock that's coming in 

Excuse the poor analogy 😐

Thunder and Lightning

Hold on, are poster on here seriously saying others want Hearts to lose because they hate Robbie? 

Even cup finals? That's delusional. 😂 

Flat earther levels of delusion. 

Some people don't think Robbie is the man to move hearts forward. They don't hate him, nor do I believe for a second anyone here is happy when we get beat. 

Does anyone really know what’s going on behind the scenes, and I mean truthfully know?

This thread is actually pretty depressing when we are in a better place than we’ve ever been. Results haven’t been great, performances haven’t been great and the jury is out on some of our signings so I get all that. What I don’t get is our fans turning on the club. I’m not happy and far from happy like a lot of us but turning on the club in the manner that some posters do when we do not know the facts then it’s just plain wrong imo. 

As someone who goes home and away everywhere then there are times that’s I’ve  questioned why I torture myself every week but I doesn’t stop me going or singing as I know what the club means to me. Nothing could be worse than life without HMFC and I think back to 2014 and realise that what’s going on just now is a storm in a tea cup.

There’s been not a lot to shout about recently but anyone who was in Riga will know what a wonderful and addictive experience it was. Do we really think we have a chance against Fiorentina and Istanbul away? It won’t stop the die hards travelling though because that’s what we do. Our club need our support more than ever and turning Joe, Robbie, Anne and Andrew just shouldn’t happen. They’ll be well aware that the ST waiting list we’ve acquired won’t be that way for long and I’m sure behind the scenes there will be personnel who are accountable. I just don’t think we should air our dirty laundry in public for all and sundry to see. 

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Hold on, are poster on here seriously saying others want Hearts to lose because they hate Robbie? 

Even cup finals? That's delusional. 😂 

Flat earther levels of delusion. 

Some people don't think Robbie is the man to move hearts forward. They don't hate him, nor do I believe for a second anyone here is happy when we get beat. 

You either have to worship him or absolutely hate him if you have an opinion on him 

You can't like him, and recognise he is a Hearts man, and doing his best for the club he plays for, but have some real concerns about how he goes about things and how he maybe doesn't change things, as you will soon be ferried into the hater corner 

At the same time you can't have serious  concerns about him but if u give him praise your then labelled a happy clapper 

There are only 2 categories allowed but there really should be 4 

The 5th is vermin on the wind up 

At least, I think that's how it goes 

Naisys Tackle

You either have to worship him or absolutely hate him if you have an opinion on him 

You can't like him, and recognise he is a Hearts man, and doing his best for the club he plays for, but have some real concerns about how he goes about things and how he maybe doesn't change things, as you will soon be ferried into the hater corner 

At the same time you can't have serious  concerns about him but if u give him praise your then labelled a happy clapper 

tenor.gif?itemid=15331898

Thunder and Lightning

😂 Seems like a minefield. 

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Does his best but sadly failed. 

Scott Leitch
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Another Neilson Hater that has no idea what roles exist at the club.

Nobody hates Neilson. The sensible ones just know he's ****ing useless and sometimes emotions spill over. No hatred, we all just want Hearts to be the best we we can be. 

11 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Does anyone really know what’s going on behind the scenes, and I mean truthfully know?

This thread is actually pretty depressing when we are in a better place than we’ve ever been. Results haven’t been great, performances haven’t been great and the jury is out on some of our signings so I get all that. What I don’t get is our fans turning on the club. I’m not happy and far from happy like a lot of us but turning on the club in the manner that some posters do when we do not know the facts then it’s just plain wrong imo. 

As someone who goes home and away everywhere then there are times that’s I’ve  questioned why I torture myself every week but I doesn’t stop me going or singing as I know what the club means to me. Nothing could be worse than life without HMFC and I think back to 2014 and realise that what’s going on just now is a storm in a tea cup.

There’s been not a lot to shout about recently but anyone who was in Riga will know what a wonderful and addictive experience it was. Do we really think we have a chance against Fiorentina and Istanbul away? It won’t stop the die hards travelling though because that’s what we do. Our club need our support more than ever and turning Joe, Robbie, Anne and Andrew just shouldn’t happen. They’ll be well aware that the ST waiting list we’ve acquired won’t be that way for long and I’m sure behind the scenes there will be personnel who are accountable. I just don’t think we should air our dirty laundry in public for all and sundry to see. 

No

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

Nobody hates Neilson. The sensible ones just know he's ****ing useless and sometimes emotions spill over. No hatred, we all just want Hearts to be the best we we can be. 

Tha Happy Clappers don’t understand that.

10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

👏👏👏👏

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Exactly, we just want Hearts to be the best they can be, whoever the manager is. The irony is the Bob fans are more interested in backing Bob!! To say a Hearts fan wound want Hearts to lose a final 😂 that’s like a Hearts fan saying they want Hibs to win a final…….oh wait!!

3 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

We just don’t agree as to what’s required to make Hearts the best it can be 

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Also, what this 'bob' patter? It's really quite horrendous, is there a joke I'm missing? 

The Bob patter was started by another poster who incidentally likes Robbie 

Every time I hear it mentioned, I just hear the words "Bob, the builder .... Can he fix it .......... 

I wish it would just go away 

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Exactly, we just want Hearts to be the best they can be, whoever the manager is. The irony is the Bob fans are more interested in backing Bob!! To say a Hearts fan wound want Hearts to lose a final 😂 that’s like a Hearts fan saying they want Hibs to win a final…….oh wait!!

Not really.  I’m a hearts fan and I want us to be the best we can be. In my opinion Neilson is doing a pretty decent job in both of his times in charge - results support that view whether you like it or not. Not sure I understand the clamour for change because as a club we have changed managers a lot in the last 20+ years and the only manager that has generated decent periods ( more than a one off cup win) of good results is Neilson. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Not really.  I’m a hearts fan and I want us to be the best we can be. In my opinion Neilson is doing a pretty decent job in both of his times in charge - results support that view whether you like it or not. Not sure I understand the clamour for change because as a club we have changed managers a lot in the last 20+ years and the only manager that has generated decent periods ( more than a one off cup win) of good results is Neilson. 

He has hit his ceiling and we are getting worse. The European campaign has been a disaster, not just the results but the manner of them. The tinkering means no one has a clue what our best team is and the players have no cohesion and look lost at times and lacking desire. The fans are divided even worse than previously. We need a manager who can unite the fans and get us all moving in the same direction. I just hope Ann Budge learned from her Levein mistakes. A good leader acts before there is no other choice. 

6 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

He has hit his ceiling and we are getting worse. The European campaign has been a disaster, not just the results but the manner of them. The tinkering means no one has a clue what our best team is and the players have no cohesion and look lost at times and lacking desire. The fans are divided even worse than previously. We need a manager who can unite the fans and get us all moving in the same direction. I just hope Ann Budge learned from her Levein mistakes. A good leader acts before there is no other choice. 

He is at best limited and at worst totally out of his depth! 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Decent points made 

At this moment in time I personally don't want change but I would like Robbie to rethink and adapt 

The way that we are setting up to play against bigger sides, player rotation and finally, constant tactical changes, and sometimes done in the same game, is a real concern for me. Less is more and having a style and identity without the constant formation changes and tactical tweaks may get more out of the players.

The players have to take responsibility, no question, but they also have to follow manager instructions so you have to weigh it all up when you analyse some of the performances. 

I hear the financial disparity argument in terms of us not setting up to have a go used all the time and where we play the bigger sides but I don't necessarily think that the only way you can beat bigger and better sides is to set out and "park the bus" from the minute the whistle goes. Especially at home. 

In his favour his overall record and in comparison to previous Hearts Managers is good and you can't argue with that. Maybe allowing for the fact that he had 2 seasons in the championship but you can only best what's in front of you. 

All subjective but none the less ...

The Old Tolbooth
55 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So RN is blameless ?

No, he’s not, Frank just lives his life with his head completely buried in the sand, he’s a pathetic troll who seems to be immune to the mods

Scott Leitch
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We just don’t agree as to what’s required to make Hearts the best it can be 

Ok.

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

No, he’s not, Frank just lives his life with his head completely buried in the sand, he’s a pathetic troll who seems to be immune to the mods

Him and his wee pal from Wallyford (Who I've just found out wanted Hibs to win the Scottish cup!!!) are exactly that. Trolls. They will soon disappear when Neilson is punted.

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Him and his wee pal from Wallyford (Who I've just found out wanted Hibs to win the Scottish cup!!!) are exactly that. Trolls. They will soon disappear when Neilson is punted.

I’m not so sure, I think they’re blind club men, whoever we appoint can do no wrong, some folk can’t see the wood for the trees! 

BackOfTheNet

Some fans wanted us to lose the finals so they could complain about Neilson? That’s what we’re claiming now? This thread has officially jumped the shark…

:fonzie:

Scott Leitch
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Some fans wanted us to lose the finals so they could complain about Neilson? That’s what we’re claiming now? This thread has officially jumped the shark…

:fonzie:

That's all the idiots have to cling to now. 

Deep down they know Neilson is murder but they have backed him so much they have no option but to keep it up. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I’m not so sure, I think they’re blind club men, whoever we appoint can do no wrong, some folk can’t see the wood for the trees! 

As in employees of the club?  Wouldn’t surprise me.  Some of the staff who are also fans working in the ticket office, admin roles, etc, stands to reason that some will be members on JKB and maybe take some of the criticism of their employer / fellow employees more personally than the rest of us.  Other than being trolls it’s the only other reason I can think of. 

Just listened to Scarves Around the Funnel podcast recorded post match on Thursday. Pretty accurate summation of what went wrong and if we are learning from our mistakes or repeating them. Worth a listen whatever your view on Robbie (who's been a guest on previous episodes) is.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Just listened to Scarves Around the Funnel podcast recorded post match on Thursday. Pretty accurate summation of what went wrong and if we are learning from our mistakes or repeating them. Worth a listen whatever your view on Robbie (who's been a guest on previous episodes) is.

Yup. Mark went to town a bit more but you couldn't argue against anything that he said.

It was said from the heart and all relevant as far as I'm concerned. 

Definetely worth a listen for those that haven't yet. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Name them or shut up😳

they are all over the board pointing out how Robbie is shite bag and a loser.

Also, you **** up buttercup or report me to the mods.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

So RN is blameless ?

Blameless for what?

Promotion (again) 3rd place (again) a sc final and European group stage football ( first time in 18 years).

What is he being blamed for?

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Blameless for what?

Promotion (again) 3rd place (again) a sc final and European group stage football ( first time in 18 years).

We are in this season now….keep up.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We've played 8 games, what's he being blamed for, this season isn't finished?

Blamed for defeats v celtic , rangers, zurich, Sampdoria and Istanbul - sack him for that?

Killie, Livi- sack him for that?

What's he getting blamed for?

Turning us from a joke and wreck of a club to the 3rd best team in the country ( again)?

**** me.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Blameless for what?

No shots on target game after game.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

It's early October, it doesn't finish until June.

We've played 8 games, what's he being blamed for, this season isn't finished?

Blamed for defeats v celtic , rangers, zurich, Sampdoria and Istanbul - sack him for that?

Killie, Livi- sack him for that?

Turning us from a joke and wreck of a club to the 3rd best team in the country ( again)?

**** me.

Robbie has pumped a lot of jKBers Wifes/Birds/Maws/Sisters. 

8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Decent points made 

At this moment in time I personally don't want change but I would like Robbie to rethink and adapt 

The way that we are setting up to play against bigger sides, player rotation and finally, constant tactical changes, and sometimes done in the same game, is a real concern for me. Less is more and having a style and identity without the constant formation changes and tactical tweaks may get more out of the players.

The players have to take responsibility, no question, but they also have to follow manager instructions so you have to weigh it all up when you analyse some of the performances. 

I hear the financial disparity argument in terms of us not setting up to have a go used all the time and where we play the bigger sides but I don't necessarily think that the only way you can beat bigger and better sides is to set out and "park the bus" from the minute the whistle goes. Especially at home. 

In his favour his overall record and in comparison to previous Hearts Managers is good and you can't argue with that. Maybe allowing for the fact that he had 2 seasons in the championship but you can only best what's in front of you. 

All subjective but none the less ...

I think it's difficult when we are down to a 19 year old and a LB playing central defence for us.

We've looked much better 4-2-3-1 since about March last year, but without Halkett and Beni we've struggled. Even in the Motherwell game we won comfortably on paper, they were getting through us so easily.

I think on this occasion he's possibly not sure how to keep that attacking threat while protecting the defence. Fiorentina was a reaction to the Rangers match, which failed badly.