Robbie!!! ( merged )

Graham Thomson

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Name one that fits the bill.

There’s plenty out there I have no doubt. How many could do the job that JKB posters expect though? 

You’re all so keen to bin him, so you must have a bit of an inkling as to who you’d like in? 

I have already.

I'm not keen on binning him.

I would never keep a manager over the fear of the replacement not being good though.  Thats wee team mentality. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• soonbe110

• BackOfTheNet

• jr ewing

NextGenerationJambo

How anyone can watch this Hearts team and genuinely believe that we are going anywhere close to where we want to be is absolutely beyond me.

The better team normally wins in football but it's made so much easier when you come up against that level of tactical ineptitude. We can't string 5 passes together, there is little to no movement off the ball. We cannot defend crosses, yet continually allow them to come into the box. We persistently give the ball to Gordon, our worst distributor, to then aimlessly punt it. We don't track runs in behind, we don't press as a team. How can a team have so many players back but yet still have no one within 5 yards of the ball? It's not complicated stuff we are failing to do, it's complete basics. 

Either the players are failing to carry out Neilson's game plan properly or the gameplan is just that pish that we seem totally disjointed and clueless. Not sure which is worse to be honest. You can blame injuries and finances all you want but the fact is we look totally and utterly unprepared for this season.

We are absolute mugs if we haven't got a list of successors bookmarked. Every one wants Neilson to succeed at Hearts. Many would argue (incorrectly) that he has succeeded. Many would argue he never will. I think it's safe to say that the fact the jury is still out for so many tells you all you need to know. 

Edited by NextGenerationJambo

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Dancingdog1874 said:

I’d imagine Neilson doesn’t tell his CB to get caught under a long ball. I’d imagine Neilson doesn’t not tell his players not to track runners into the box nor do i imagine him not telling his fullbacks to stop crosses. Let’s not forget we’re early on into a congested season with injuries, two games each week so let’s not be expecting polished performances like Man City. There’s also a good reason why teams don’t press high all the time cause if it was that simple we’d have just signed marathon runners

No, but he keeps playing the same players regardless while dropping others for no reason. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Probably not.  But discussing the merits of it on a football forum isnt out the question. 

Sure. If ‘discussing the merits of it’ was what was happening here. The issue is now so polarised that it is, and has been for some time, nothing more than a never ending back-and-forth of post match ‘I told you so’ depending on whether or not we won. 

So i’ll say again. He’s not going anywhere.

Churchill Barrier
1 minute ago, NextGenerationJambo said:

How anyone can watch this Hearts team and genuinely believe that we are going anywhere close to where we want to be is absolutely beyond me.

The better team normally wins in football but it's made so much easier when you come up against that level of tactical ineptitude. We can't string 5 passes together, there is little to no movement off the ball. We cannot defend crosses, yet continually allow them to come into the box. We persistently give the ball to Gordon, our worst distributor, to then aimlessly punt it. We don't track runs in behind, we don't press as a team. How can a team have so many players back but yet still have no one within 5 yards of the ball? It's not complicated stuff we are failing to do, it's complete basics. 

Either the players are failing to carry out Neilson's game plan properly or the gameplan is just that pish that we seem totally disjointed and clueless. Not sure which is worse to be honest. You can blame injuries and finances all you want but the fact is we look totally and utterly unprepared for this season.

We are absolute mugs if we haven't got a list of successors bookmarked. Every one wants Neilson to succeed at Hearts. Many would argue (incorrectly) that he has succeeded. Many would argue he never will. I think it's safe to say that the fact the jury is still out for so many tells you all you need to know. 

Fair chance we will lose next 4 games. 

Killie away, Fiorentina away, aberdeen away, celtic home

I have already.

I'm not keen on binning him.

I would never keep a manager over the fear of the replacement not being good though.  Thats wee team mentality. 

Who? 

bottom line is…we are a wee team in a wee backwater league. These results in Europe should indicate that. 

The fact that we get 17k gates when the rest of the league gets less still doesn’t make us some big team. It’s a good thing to hit the Hibs with but in the cold light of reality we’re a wee club. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, BlueRiver said:

Who? 

bottom line is…we are a wee team in a wee backwater league. These results in Europe should indicate that. 

The fact that we get 17k gates when the rest of the league gets less still doesn’t make us some big team. It’s a good thing to hit the Hibs with but in the cold light of reality we’re a wee club. 

Michael O'Neil. 

1 minute ago, haj said:

Sure. If ‘discussing the merits of it’ was what was happening here. The issue is now so polarised that it is, and has been for some time, nothing more than a never ending back-and-forth of post match ‘I told you so’ depending on whether or not we won. 

So i’ll say again. He’s not going anywhere.

There’s a rush to minimise every winning performance and lose marbles over every loss. It’s mental. 

We played pish tonight and we have been poor this season. We’re still 2 points off 3rd though whilst having played these extra European games. My expectations must be a lot lower because I fully expected us to start the season in a vein like this. 

Dancingdog1874

No, but he keeps playing the same players regardless while dropping others for no reason. 

Maybe he’s taking them out cause he see’s them train everyday, speaks to them, thinks another player could offer more. Maybe everyone on kickback don’t know as much as we all think

Michael O'Neil. 

Fair. I don’t think he’d be capable of serving up the quality of football many are after on here but I can agree with you, he’d be a solid appointment. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Dancingdog1874 said:

Maybe he’s taking them out cause he see’s them train everyday, speaks to them, thinks another player could offer more. Maybe everyone on kickback don’t know as much as we all think

Thats all and well but it has clearly been the incorrect judgement to make, eh? 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, BlueRiver said:

Fair. I don’t think he’d be capable of serving up the quality of football many are after on here but I can agree with you, he’d be a solid appointment. 

👍

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Chris Wilder

Scott Leitch
7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Name one that fits the bill.

There’s plenty out there I have no doubt. How many could do the job that JKB posters expect though? 

You’re all so keen to bin him, so you must have a bit of an inkling as to who you’d like in? 

Here's an idea once we get rid of him let's see who applies for it. What would happen if another club came in for him (haha) and he wanted to go. What would we do then? We would receive applications. 

9 minutes ago, Dancingdog1874 said:

I’d imagine Neilson doesn’t tell his CB to get caught under a long ball. I’d imagine Neilson doesn’t not tell his players not to track runners into the box nor do i imagine him not telling his fullbacks to stop crosses. Let’s not forget we’re early on into a congested season with injuries, two games each week so let’s not be expecting polished performances like Man City. There’s also a good reason why teams don’t press high all the time cause if it was that simple we’d have just signed marathon runners

The performances have been fairly dire from the get go to be honest.Continue the way we are and we won't have to worry about any congestion. 

lost in space
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Has he used the sending off as the reason for losing tonight. Would be surprised if he doesn't. 

No  he said that he took full responsibility. Said that in hindsight, should have started Humphrys. Also said that the shape was wrong and that he hadn't motivated the players fully.

Only kidding.

We know more than the manager on how to set a team up to try and win a game. Couldn't even get his team selection right. Must have been happy with the first half that he didn't put any subs on for the start of the second half. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, NextGenerationJambo said:

The better team normally wins in football but it's made so much easier when you come up against that level of tactical ineptitude. We can't string 5 passes together, there is little to no movement off the ball. We cannot defend crosses, yet continually allow them to come into the box. We persistently give the ball to Gordon, our worst distributor, to then aimlessly punt it. We don't track runs in behind, we don't press as a team. How can a team have so many players back but yet still have no one withing 5 yards of the ball? It's not complicated stuff we are failing to do, it's complete basics. 

Well put 👍🏽

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

No  he said that he took full responsibility. Said that in hindsight, should have started Humphrys. Also said that the shape was wrong and that he hadn't motivated the players fully.

Only kidding.

🤣

Shanks said no

Bye Robbie and thanks for the 3rd place surprise

Would wait for Forest to bin Steve Cooper and snap him up

Dancingdog1874

Thats all and well but it has clearly been the incorrect judgement to make, eh? 

That’s the other thing. Just cause a player doesn’t start it doesn’t mean he would have been better. Devlin has been miles off it many games. He might’ve been better today but could’ve been just as bad. Formation, tactics are so irrelevant when the players are not as good individually as the opposition. Could’ve had 2 Andy Hallidays marking that tall winger and he still would’ve gotten the run around. Can’t all be blamed on the manager. 

Smoked-Glass
13 minutes ago, NextGenerationJambo said:

New manager needed and back to basics.

Give stendel another shot now that we actually have a goal keeper.  ( That was the problem before)

Edited by Smoked-Glass

10 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Fair chance we will lose next 4 games. 

Killie away, Fiorentina away, aberdeen away, celtic home

He's in the shit if that's how it plays out. Looks extremely likely unfortunately.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Dancingdog1874 said:

That’s the other thing. Just cause a player doesn’t start it doesn’t mean he would have been better. Devlin has been miles off it many games. He might’ve been better today but could’ve been just as bad. Formation, tactics are so irrelevant when the players are not as good individually as the opposition. Could’ve had 2 Andy Hallidays marking that tall winger and he still would’ve gotten the run around. Can’t all be blamed on the manager. 

Cant all be blamed but he gets praise when we are winning games and going well then he should take accountability at getting more than soundly beaten at home for the 4th time this season as well as losing to Killie in the Cup. 

Dancingdog1874
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We know more than the manager on how to set a team up to try and win a game. Couldn't even get his team selection right. Must have been happy with the first half that he didn't put any subs on for the start of the second half. 

Yeah bet he was delighted. Was in celebrating with fiorentina players. Maybe we fans should pitch the idea of all the fans being the manager and having a say since we all know better. Since we all own the football club you know. Sound good?

Dancingdog1874

Cant all be blamed but he gets praise when we are winning games and going well then he should take accountability at getting more than soundly beaten at home for the 4th time this season as well as losing to Killie in the Cup. 

That’s somewhat true (very little praise if we’re being honest) but bit of perspective from some people about who we have lost to this season would certainly help

2 minutes ago, Dancingdog1874 said:

Yeah bet he was delighted. Was in celebrating with fiorentina players. Maybe we fans should pitch the idea of all the fans being the manager and having a say since we all know better. Since we all own the football club you know. Sound good?

4 wins in 19 sounds better?

Regal Kingston

If we want to progress as a club then it has to be with a new manager.  Thanks to Robbie and the team for getting us back but you don’t have the skills to take us further. 

That’s somewhat true (very little praise if we’re being honest) but bit of perspective from some people about who we have lost to this season would certainly help

Killie and Livingston for starters. 

1 minute ago, Regal Kingston said:

If we want to progress as a club then it has to be with a new manager.  Thanks to Robbie and the team for getting us back but you don’t have the skills to take us further. 

👍

13 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Here's an idea once we get rid of him let's see who applies for it. What would happen if another club came in for him (haha) and he wanted to go. What would we do then? We would receive applications. 

Sounds like a really sound plan for utterly derailing a season. 

Dancingdog1874
Just now, jr ewing said:

4 wins in 19 sounds better?

4 wins from 8 in the league with losses only to Celtic, rangers and livi (a) all sounds good to me. Easy to use stats to suit your agenda. 

Failure to win on Sunday and he 100% has to go.

8 out of the last 11 lost. Only 4 wins in 19. Tactics dreadful.

Team looks to have given up on him. Fans turning quickly. I think it’s time for a change. 

Just now, Regal Kingston said:

We’re not going to go down this route. Budge doesn’t react to this sort of thing. Highly, highly doubt this is even remotely on the cards. 

If it was, we’d need to have a proper candidate sorted. Not a Cathro or foreign punt, someone who can come in and work with what’s there and do well with it.

Wont happen though. Sad thing is, with the run of fixtures we’ve got this month, it’s going to get much much worse. If Robbie cannot get a reaction on Sunday, fans are going to be livid. 

Scott Leitch

Sounds like a really sound plan for utterly derailing a season. 

Aye because the season is going really well eh. 

4 wins from 8 in the league with losses only to Celtic, rangers and livi (a) all sounds good to me. Easy to use stats to suit your agenda. 

It’s a weird cut off folk are using to support their agenda. 

2 minutes ago, Dancingdog1874 said:

Time for a change. 

11 minutes ago, liam11 said:

“Proud” is what he is tonight, so says the man himself.

He’s proud of that. Tells you all you need to know really. 

He always talks utter pish in interviews. 

Oh for a Jim Jeffries type approach where he just comes out and says. what we all want to hear, which is “tonight was not good enough, there were individual errors, a complete lack of belief and intensity, the players are not playing to their potential and the coacbing staff need to do better as well.”

Just now, Scott Leitch said:

Aye because the season is going really well eh. 

Aye. 2 points off 3rd plus we’ve had Europe to contend with and an unsettled squad through injury. Only really 2 surprise defeats. 

If we’d best livi and Hibs and were sitting in 3rd 3 points ahead would we all be happy aye? Is 5 points what everyone is greeting about after 8 games? 

Jambo 4 Ever

Aye. 2 points off 3rd plus we’ve had Europe to contend with and an unsettled squad through injury. Only really 2 surprise defeats. 

If we’d best livi and Hibs and were sitting in 3rd 3 points ahead would we all be happy aye? Is 5 points what everyone is greeting about after 8 games? 

No point saying if

we didn’t and it’s not good enough 

It's not the defeats    it's the manner of the defeats

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No point saying if

we didn’t and it’s not good enough 

So sack Robbie now? Is that what you are saying?