Copil

PortyJambo

Seeing as Csaba was born in Romania, and so logically should know the mindset, it got me thinking of what kind of impact he could have on Copil's "career"...

Although Copil's technical abilities have never been questioned, his attitude has been called into question many times. With Csaba's insistence on hard work and application in training, he may be the one to show Copil the way to finally make him the type of player he already seems to think he is in his head.

I reckon the next year is going to the make-or-break one for Copil, if he buckles down and listens to Csaba it could be his breakthrough season, then again maybe he won't, in which case I reckon he'll be emptied before the end of the season...

Of course, I'm hoping Csaba's experience in bringing youth players through brings dividends with others, but the nationality thing got me thinking with Copil.

Only a Game

Csaba is Copil's last chance to make it IMO. Its potentially a great opportunity for him. I hope he gets it and I hope he takes it.

jamboinglasgow

said this in the last day or so, he could be a great to copil as having someone who can speak his language is a real benfit. I think copil has changed a bit over the summer but it will surely help him if he knows that if he works hard in training he has a great chance of being picked in the 1st squad.

Best not to presume any kind of link between them on a national basis. From my limited experience of visiting Hungary and working with a few locals they absolutely hate Romanian gypsies. And if I remember correctly that is Copil's background.

Best not to presume any kind of link between them on a national basis. From my limited experience of visiting Hungary and working with a few locals they absolutely hate Romanian gypsies. And if I remember correctly that is Copil's background.

I cant see Csaba a grown man having that attitude, especially in football.

jamboinglasgow

was that not just some racist thing the sun said about Copil though after we signed him, still amazed they did not get into trouble for that yet the hearld got into trouble for "bead shakers"

I cant see Csaba a grown man having that attitude, especially in football.

I'm sure he doesn't but the perception is that gypsies are lazy and don't like hard work. So if Copil fulfills that stereotype than he may consider it a lost cause.

I'm sure he doesn't but the perception is that gypsies are lazy and don't like hard work. So if Copil fulfills that stereotype than he may consider it a lost cause.

ah, got you know. This would mean no matter what the coaches nationality is Copil would still have the same problem.

I think it can only be a positive as Shabba will hopefully be able to communicate and motivate him better than a rushki or a Scot.

Fingers crossed.

scott herbertson

Having taken the Uganda gig I suspect our man does not have any hang ups based on racial stereotyping

I was just reading in the Sunday Times that Csaba speaks 7 languages. I'd read that he speaks English, Hungarian, Romanian and German. So what are the other three?

Amoruso Lets it Run ...
I was just reading in the Sunday Times that Csaba speaks 7 languages. I'd read that he speaks English, Hungarian, Romanian and German. So what are the other three?

Fax ? ;)

Ryan Gosling

He understands Spanish and French.

marshallschunkychicken

I hope it works out. Every time I've seen Copil, his close control has been amazing.

Seeing as Csaba was born in Romania, and so logically should know the mindset...

:laugh:

Everyone in Romania has the same mindset.

Ugandan.

They speak Swahili in Uganda and as we all know "hello" in Swahili is "Jambo"

Auld Reekin'
:laugh:

Everyone in Romania has the same mindset.

Look at the extract you quoted again: PJ uses the word "know", rather than "have". It seems a perfectly reasonable suggestion to me that Laszlo, given his fluency in Romanian and his knowledge of Romanian culture and life, will be in a very good position to know how best to motivate Copil and try and bring out the best in him. He will certainly be in a better position to do this than anyone else who has been involved with Hearts since Copil's arrival here.

This isn't to say that he's bound to succeed in doing this, but he's got a lot more chance than anyone else has had so far.

Look at the extract you quoted again: PJ uses the word "know", rather than "have". It seems a prefectly reasonable suggestion to me that Laszlo, given his fluency in Romanian and his knowledge of Romanian culture and life, will be in a very good position to know how best to motivate Copil and try and bring out the best in him. He will certainly be in a better position to do this than anyone else who has been involved with Hearts since Copil's arrival here.

This isn't to say that he's bound to succeed in doing this, but he's got a lot more chance than anyone else has had so far.

So what you're basically saying is that he's obviously going to understand his mindset just because he comes from the same country?

Strange thing to say.

So what you're basically saying is that he's obviously going to understand his mindset just because he comes from the same country?

Strange thing to say.

I'm with you there mate. I've not got a fecking clue how your mind works;)

I'm with you there mate. I've not got a fecking clue how your mind works;)

My mind works?

That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day :D

Auld Reekin'

Strange thing to say.

Where did I say that?

What I said was that Laszlo is going to be in a better position than anyone else so far at Hearts to be able to get through to Copil and motivate him to achieve the best he can at the club. As far as I'm aware, no-one else at Hearts has been able to communicate with Copil in his own language, so to have someone who can do this - and someone in authority too - can only be a positive thing for Copil and for the club.

Where did I say that?

What I said was that Laszlo is going to be in a better position than anyone else so far at Hearts to be able to get through to Copil and motivate him to achieve the best he can at the club. As far as I'm aware, no-one else at Hearts has been able to communicate with Copil in his own language, so to have someone who can do this - and someone in authority too - can only be a positive thing for Copil and for the club.

Your signature's brilliant. :laugh:

On the topic of what you're saying, in terms of what you just posted I wouldn't necessarily disagree that having a coach who understands the culture that he comes from is a positive thing. In the original post (which I thought that you were agreeing with), what the guy seemed to be suggesting was that because the two are from the same country, he'll be able to understand Copil's mentality - a different matter altogether, and a statement that I'd disagree with.

Auld Reekin'
Your signature's brilliant. :laugh:

On the topic of what you're saying, in terms of what you just posted I wouldn't necessarily disagree that having a coach who understands the culture that he comes from is a positive thing. In the original post (which I thought that you were agreeing with), what the guy seemed to be suggesting was that because the two are from the same country, he'll be able to understand Copil's mentality - a different matter altogether, and a statement that I'd disagree with.

Thanks: using the late, great, Peter Cook as a source certainly helps! :)

Archived