Arguments for and against a Monarchy.

ri Alban

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I didn't, I'm not going to either. Rationalising the status quo is bullshit, no one should have national wealth and power over us, the ability to avoid inheritance tax, because of the ***** they tumbled out of.

There are plenty of countries without monarchs, let's not pretend there's some inherent danger in not having superlugs poncing about in a gold hat.

Okay fair enough. The article argues with evidence and examples that many republics have either had less stable pasts and are more susceptible to extremes, politically and socially that countries with constitutional monarchies.

Don't necessarily agree with it, but thought it was worthy of a quick read through.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• ri Alban

James Whale  told off by a Scots guy .  Well done sann . Whale loses the rag at the end of it. Very unprofessional

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

2 hours ago, pablo said:

Okay fair enough. The article argues with evidence and examples that many republics have either had less stable pasts and are more susceptible to extremes, politically and socially that countries with constitutional monarchies.

Don't necessarily agree with it, but thought it was worthy of a quick read through.

👍 It wasn't meant to sound so aggressive

I know the Queen was a Ruler, but both in the Army and the police she was recognised as the top person, but, her desires rolled through so many ranks in both that by the time her Rule got to me it was sometimes delivered by the lowest rank, an acting sergeant. The result was I never blamed the Queen for anything and always liked her.